It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bermude Triangle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Please treat this topic seriously.

I'd like to talk to you people about the Bermude Triangle.

How do you think, what the cause(s) of vanishing of those ships and planes is (are)? Supernatural powers? Tornados? Pirates? Thunders?

Regarding the lost planes and ships, in my opinion, the cause of vanishing of some of the ships were pirates. Some ships and aircraft may have been lost due to tornados and thunders.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by AtheiX]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Although I do think there are real explanations for most of the vanishings there are still some that have not been explained. Weather is a very likely cause of many. Pirates? Yes, perhaps boats falling to a criminal element is plausible. I think what perplexes me so much is how some vanish without a trace. I am sure the currents explain for most of that however how do we explain for the effects on equipment? Many propose electromagnetic theories but I do wonder what other types of scienific answers are available. Perhaps there are some science members populating this website that could offer some assistance.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I pretty sure I saw on discovery or history channel that they proved that the cause for most of these disapearences were from large releases of the methane gas from the sea floor. The showed how an extremely large release could turn up the sea enough to sink a large boat. And also that a small amount of methane in the air could cause those old prop planes motors to freeze up.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You might want to do a search on ATS on the Bermuda Triangle.... it's been discussed to death here.

peace

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Im just wondering if there is any new infomation of the Triagle.

Im not sure if the Flight 19 was ever solved as i know this was one of the biggest mysterys surrounding this,

Athiex here is a few links you may like to have a read of,

www.crystalinks.com...

skepdic.com...

woodshole.er.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I once flew thru 'The Bermuda Triangle' near the bahamas as a passenger in my uncles cessna when i was about 12 years old. The compass started to spin wildly and when i asked what was wrong, he told me about 'the triangle'. That was my first experience with it and i started to gobble up as much info about it since then that i could.

The theory about it that i subscribe to sounds kind of weird but here it is:

Edgar Cayce (in an unrelated to the triangle reading) once said that one of the enormous crystals which Atlanteans used to power their aircraft and factories and such is located near Bimini under the seafloor. These crystals have an effect on electromagnetics (therefore can cause exactly what i myself experienced while flying there).

So, if this IS true it would not only explain my experience but some (tho not all) experiences that others have experienced as well. BUT this does not explain the total and complete disappearences of numerous aircraft and ships, however if they experienced what i experienced, they could easily have been led astray from their course and could have ended up in a location with which they were completely unfamiliar and unable to deal with effectively - and they crashed. A crash miles from their expected location COULD explain the lack of debri field, or set adrift without fuel hundreds of miles from where they thought they were.

This is of course just a theory, but its the one that comes closest to feeling right (for me).

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It is an interesting topic, I have a nice book talking about strange events in the world and the Triangle is one of them.
But many ships pass through the triangle everyday, so its not like these events are too common.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timcouchfanclub
I pretty sure I saw on discovery or history channel that they proved that the cause for most of these disapearences were from large releases of the methane gas from the sea floor. The showed how an extremely large release could turn up the sea enough to sink a large boat. And also that a small amount of methane in the air could cause those old prop planes motors to freeze up.

I watched that show last night. It was called "Dive To The Bermuda Triangle". There were some pretty neat experiments done to try to prove the methane gas theory.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Im not sure if the Flight 19 was ever solved as i know this was one of the biggest mysterys surrounding this,

The Gulf Stream is swift and turbulent and can quickly erase any evidence of a disaster.

Originally posted by asala
Athiex here is a few links you may like to have a read of,

www.crystalinks.com...

skepdic.com...

woodshole.er.usgs.gov...

I have already visited the first website, but I haven't visited the other two. Thanks for the links to those two websites.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I watched a doco about a year ago that was very well done, they took the flight19 transcripts and gridded out the flightpath, having been an avid fan of the Triangle for about 20 years or so, I was for the first time left with the convincing feeling that yes, Flight19 HAD indeed screwed it's course up and ran out of fuel and all perished in to the ocean...
HOWEVER, Thats only Flight19... There are still some pretty darn odd things that go on at that place (And it's not only that place in the world btw, there are others), and datings of odd events and disappearances go back hundreds, and some times a few thousand years.. I don't know if we will ever get behind this mystery, as even if something is "proven" there will always be sceptics as to the "evidence" presented.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barak
HOWEVER, Thats only Flight19... There are still some pretty darn odd things that go on at that place

Do you think that the following facts have been the causes?

1) The Gulf Stream throws ships off course
2) The weather in the Bermuda Triangle quickly changes
3) Pirates
4) Magnetic anomaly

(And it's not only that place in the world btw, there are others)

The sea at Japan's coast. I know.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
eplanation: methane gas.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
They found a little bit of proof of the methane theory when looking for Flight 19. They found five Avengers that were grouped together on the bottom that were NOT from Flight 19. All five had survivors who reported that they suffered a loss of engine power just before going into the water. This is EXACTLY what would happen if they flew through a methane plume erupting from the water.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX

(And it's not only that place in the world btw, there are others)

The sea at Japan's coast. I know.

I think there's rumoured to be one around LA in the US too, although having said that google isn't coming up with anything.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Atheix, I think that the subterranean methane has something to it, but who knows?

I do remember that, based on a statistical analysis someone did, the frequency of losses as a function of traffic in the Bermuda Triangle isn't outside a standard distribution.

And, by the way, stark wie eine Arizonen saguaro; getränk zusammen am Beteiligten.

[edit on 29-8-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I remember hearing about a braudcast that overtook like all the radio channels (back in the fiftys I think) That tolt that the triangle was part of the earth aura. Has anybody else heard about this?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
One television special set up a bunch of experiments usinf methane gas, or something along those lines.

The premise was that large pockets of this gas are release suddenly under the water, and create huge bubbles that drop the buoyancy of ships, and messes with aircraft insturmentation.

The experiments were quite convincing and achieved the same results as reported by triangle victims.

Edit: It seems someone already brought this up, consider my post as support to theirs.

[edit on 30-8-2005 by Enrikez]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enrikez

The premise was that large pockets of this gas are release suddenly under the water, and create huge bubbles that drop the buoyancy of ships, and messes with aircraft insturmentation.

The experiments were quite convincing and achieved the same results as reported by triangle victims.

I knew a student who demonstrated quite convincingly the part you mentioned in regards to the ships. I didn't know about the aircraft being affected though, it wasn't part of the particular study I saw.

Originally posted by Off the StreetI do remember that, based on a statistical analysis someone did, the frequency of losses as a function of traffic in the Bermuda Triangle isn't outside a standard distribution.

I've heard that as well, although I don't have any numbers to show anyone. I wonder what the insurance companies would say about it. They probably have some of the best statistics in regards to how many ships and aircraft are lost in the region, since they pay out each time it happens. It would be in their best interest to know where the more dangerous regions are, and whether the Triangle is considered more risky by insurance companies. Might be something to check out.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The aircraft would be affected just as much as ships by a Methane release. The Methane would cause the air to thin, and would mix with the oxygen letting the engine run, and would starve the engine of oxygen, causing engine failure.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Is it just me, or does there seem to be a lot less media attention paid to the Bermuda Triangle in recent years? Maybe they just got bored with it, or maybe whatever type of work was being done there is over, it just seems like we don't hear all that much about it anymore.
---Ryan

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join