It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cattle Call

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The race for the Democratic nomination is on. Like it or not, one of the 10 (assuming Clark is in, Hillary & Gore are out) could possibly be sitting in the throne in 05�.

Those unfamiliar with Cattle Calls, its simple.

Rank the candidates according their chances of winning the nomination and a quick blip on your rationale.

I got em� like this.

1) Clark 2) Dean 3) Kerry 4) Grahm 5) Kucinich 6) Edwards 7) Lieberman 8) Gephardt 9) Braun 10) Sharpton

Clark�s military record can only be matched by Kerry. Dean�s numbers are big but I think his thunder is about to be stolen. I put Kucinich up there because he�s been showing remarkably strong numbers at his Meet-Ups, usually outpacing Kerry. Braun gets a bump out of the cellar with several recent endorsements. Sharpton is good for the debate, but he doesn�t have a chance.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I would have to say the ONLY one that really has any sort of a chance for the nomination would be Kerry.
I really don't think any of them have the fortitude to take the throne(yet).
The Democrats are making a big mistake by throwing out this many choices at once IMO. They should have been working harder to come up with 3 or so strong candidates rather than 10 iffy ones. The party looks like the California recall. Mostly just amusing at the moment.

Why didn't you say anything about Lieberman? just curious.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Lieberman didn�t pull in much cash last quarter, comparatively speaking. Also, having seen him in two debates, he always draws a mediocre response from the audience.

I know it�s a circus. But it is also wide open IMHO. Could you please rank them Fry2? Just curious.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Clark hasn't entered the race yet.

Dean & Kerry.

Pointless to rate the others.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Everything's about races with you isn't it Kukla. just kidding.

I think the real question here is which one of them is the Democratic Party going to sacrifice as a loss to Bush. (I'm no being bias here... but Bush has some really HIGH popularity figures right now).

I know I wouldn't want this to be my turn at a shot for the big chair... it'd be like being a highschool football team going to the NFL superbowl... yeah it's cool, but you're pretty sure you're going to loose.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Greyhaven: I thought for sure Gephardt would be that sacrifice. (the dems Bob Dole, in a way).

But, I just don't think it matters who the Dems run at this point.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
As long Dennis Kacinich (I know I spelled that wrong) is not in the race for long, it's fine with me.

Cleveland killing bastard

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Sharpton! Sharpton!

As far as I am concerned, he is more capable of running the country than Bush and his insane clown posse.

XAOS

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kukla
The race for the Democratic nomination is on. Like it or not, one of the 10 (assuming Clark is in, Hillary & Gore are out) could possibly be sitting in the throne in 05�.

Those unfamiliar with Cattle Calls, its simple.

Rank the candidates according their chances of winning the nomination and a quick blip on your rationale.

I got em� like this.

1) Clark 2) Dean 3) Kerry 4) Grahm 5) Kucinich 6) Edwards 7) Lieberman 8) Gephardt 9) Braun 10) Sharpton

Clark�s military record can only be matched by Kerry. Dean�s numbers are big but I think his thunder is about to be stolen. I put Kucinich up there because he�s been showing remarkably strong numbers at his Meet-Ups, usually outpacing Kerry. Braun gets a bump out of the cellar with several recent endorsements. Sharpton is good for the debate, but he doesn�t have a chance.

1 through 4 are the only ones that count: Graham & Clark are automatic VP choices: Dean/Graham has been gainging in my forecast because Dean would need the Beltway savvy of Graham. Kerry/Clark still seems unbeatable in every possible comparative measure.....which would be a great thread: " Comparative analysis of likely tickets versus Bush Boy & The heart Attack Kid."

Sacrafice to Bush!?!

You boys have your heads so far up, you're approaching INFINITY!

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
BT, if they seriously thought they had a shot they would run Hillary - otherwise, we'll see her mug in '08.

(what do you think of a McCain/Guiliani ticket in 08, BT?)

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Umm Bob88...she might run. I heard on the radio this morning that she is talking with her advisors about it.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I still don't think she'll do it though. It would be quite an election though, wouldn't it? WW III could result.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Scary indeed.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yes Clark is in�As if there was every any doubt.
www.guardian.co.uk...

Zogby has Clark 49%, Bush 40%
www.draftwesleyclark.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hillary already had two terms as president. That's not fair!

top topics

join