It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

funny opus dei, mason story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Opus Dei is one of clients in my line of work. I went to the NYC offices recently to meet with them.

After the meeting, we were chit-chatting, and The davinci Code came up. They mentioned a cable show interviewed one of their members for two hours, but never aired the piece. They said, it was very annoying.

I mentioned Dan brown has a new book coming out.

They replied, "I wonder if he'll survive that"

I asked, "what do you mean?"

They replied "I don't think the masons will like it, they won't react to a book the way we did"

I said, "oh the whole assassin thing"

they said "yeah, those masons...."

I thought the TS commty would get a chuckle out of that. Even old church ladies are afraid of the masons !

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well....I guess we'll just have to get our toilet exploding supplies ready!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
isnt Opus Dei supposed to be a real powerful organisation, propably bigger and stronger than any masonic lodge / order?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonchild
isnt Opus Dei supposed to be a real powerful organisation, propably bigger and stronger than any masonic lodge / order?
I like to think help people, but you should probablly Google some things. They're a Catholic branch that differs in certain techniques and beliefs, which are seen as excessive or old fashioned if I am correct. Such as being very patriarchal. There may have been changes in certain ideals, but are actually very traditional.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I mentioned Dan brown has a new book coming out.

They replied, "I wonder if he'll survive that"

I asked, "what do you mean?"

They replied "I don't think the masons will like it, they won't react to a book the way we did"

Why would they say that? Didn't he have any idea of how MANY books and movies have been made depicting Freemasons as evil? This is just another to add to the list. Big deal.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cattlest

I like to think help people, but you should probablly Google some things. They're a Catholic branch that differs in certain techniques and beliefs, which are seen as excessive or old fashioned if I am correct. Such as being very patriarchal. There may have been changes in certain ideals, but are actually very traditional.

i know about that, i was refering to the ''conspiracy paranoid'' point of view, in which the opus dei controls the destiny of the vatican and have ties with organisation like cia and is a part of the illuminati control network.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cattlest

Opus Dei is a booming prefecture of the Catholic Church. They are very conservative and very devout. Most members attend mass at least once a day, and many spend an hour or more in prayer. Does it have power? Of course it does. It receives substantial gifts and bequests from members, is wildly popular in some parts of the world. It certainly isn't the organization represented in Dan Brown's abominable piece of twaddle.

As I've stated in another thread, if you are going to fear a group, fear the DAR. Also, I have serious questions about Mary Kay and their pink battle sedans.....

new topics

top topics

join