It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon pays for propaganda to bolster recruitment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
"He will have the body of Arnold Schwarzenegger and the brain of Stephen Hawking. Step forward the Pentagon's perfect Hollywood hero, possibly coming soon to a screen near you. According to the New York Times, the US military is paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to send scientists on a screenwriting course in Los Angeles, with the aim of producing movies and television shows that portray scientists in a flattering light.
It is being billed as a radical solution to one of America's most vexing long-term national security problems: the drastic decline in the number of US students pursuing science and engineering."

www.guardian.co.uk...

So, we have a dip in the manpower needed to create the next AIDS & Ebola strains, the next "passive force" microwave gun that burns a hole thru you, the next round of super soldiers who can go 5 days at peak without sleep...........so we spend TAX PAYER MONEY to train the people who are doing it now to write fantasy about how "noble" it is to hook the next generation. Sounds great, just great.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It is being billed as a radical solution to one of America's most vexing long-term national security problems: the drastic decline in the number of US students pursuing science and engineering."

What is wrong with this???

...........so we spend TAX PAYER MONEY

To encourage science education and science careers? This is hardly a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Here's a thought: establish scholarship programs with that money that will pay for them to study the sciences without the fantasy propaganda of making sexy?
On the surface, it can be said the Pentagon is spending to promote education.....but Hollywood script courses for Scientists to do it!?!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   

So, we have a dip in the manpower needed to create the next AIDS & Ebola strains, the next "passive force" microwave gun that burns a hole thru you, the next round of super soldiers who can go 5 days at peak without sleep...........so we spend TAX PAYER MONEY to train the people who are doing it now to write fantasy about how "noble" it is to hook the next generation. Sounds great, just great.

Excuse me...what about the possible AIDS and Ebola cures?
How about a truely passive weapon?
Lastly, what the heck is wrong with a soldier that can run anywhere, fight anyone, or fix anything, and do it without sleeping for a week?

Hell yes I'd spend my tax money on that!

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
How about you give your body for it? Or your sons? NEWS Flash:

- Weapons are not passive, they're freakin weapons!!
- Military science = development of weapons, civilian science = developement of cures
- A body at peak, non-stop, burns out quicker, destroying itself - unless they've mastered cell regeneration ....a defacto "live forever" formula, these super soldiers are just future super corpses, i.e. engines fed Nitros until they grind themselves to dust.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Oh come on! You guys are freak'n over something that in the short run is just flat wrong. (When's the last time the Gaurdian said anything GOOD about the U.S.A. anyway?!) Or, in the long run, is really just "business as usual." (Hey, you mean the Army ALREADY PAYS for all those "Go Army!" commercials?)

Besides, as long as all those CSI spin offs are playing in Prime Time, who needs a bunch of REAL geeks writimg "Sauve, sophisticated, and sexy" commercials?

Okay, now I'm on YOUR side!

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I swear, there is a commercial for the military almost EVERY break on most channels now.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
How could one think that the pentagon or any other government agency participate in propaganda?? That's just plain silliness...

You must be a crack pot lib...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Military science is only dedicated to killing. Huh. See, now I was under the impression that our military has large numbers of medical researchers developing cures and elite medical techniques for "meatball" surgery and mass trauma. Hey, but what do I know, I only work with them.

Odd, too, that I was under the impression that our engineers also developed armors that are lightweight but very durable. I was under the impression that the military has begun a revolution in the electronics world with the invention of silicon carbide chips. I was also under the impression that military scientists and engineers developed the internet, but now that I think about it I think that was Al Gore.

I mean, jeeze, which would you prefer. Propaganda like Top Gun, or propaganda like this? Or would you prefer the military doesn't let anyone know it exists, stays silent and just hopes that people will join without knowing the first thing about it. Then, after our military has become destitute and we're attacked, we can just institute the draft.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
"He will have the body of Arnold Schwarzenegger and the brain of Stephen Hawking. Step forward the Pentagon's perfect Hollywood hero, possibly coming soon to a screen near you. According to the New York Times, the US military is paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to send scientists on a screenwriting course in Los Angeles, with the aim of producing movies and television shows that portray scientists in a flattering light.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Ok, not that i think they should go spend money on this, i didnt realise engineering & science are not sought after by many americans, I dont think its terrible.

BTW your not one of these people who think aids is a bio-waepon developed by the US and spread through the black and gay community are you?

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It's just sad how political powers tend to favor forms of "mind control" over trying to improve the system. Propaganda is such loathsome crap... always the sign of a declining nation.

new topics

top topics

join