It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Novak walks off CNN set after swearing on live show, "Inside Politcs"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

NEW YORK, Aug. 5 — Robert Novak, whose revelation of a CIA officer's name in a 2003 column has sparked a federal probe, was suspended by CNN after he swore and walked off the set during a live telecast of ''Inside Politics.''

CNN correspondent Ed Henry said afterward that he had been about to ask Novak about his role in the investigation of the leak of Valerie Plame's identity, which Novak has repeatedly refused to comment on aside from some references in his column.
The incident occurred Thursday as Novak and Democratic operative James Carville were handicapping the Senate candidacy of former Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris. Novak said the opposition of the Republican establishment in Florida might not be fatal for her.
''Let me just finish, James, please,'' Novak continued. ''I know you hate to hear me, but you have to.''
Carville, addressing the camera, said: ''He's got to show these right wingers that he's got a backbone, you know. It's why The Wall Street Journal editorial page is watching you. Show 'em that you're tough.''
''Well, I think that's bull---- and I hate that,'' Novak replied. ''Just let it go.''
As moderator Henry stepped in to ask Carville a question, Novak walked off the set.
A CNN spokeswoman, Edie Emery, called Novak's behavior ''inexcusable and unacceptable.'' Novak apologized to CNN, and CNN was apologizing to viewers, she said.
famulus.msnbc.com...

Wow! This is pretty interesting. But, I can't say I might not do the same if I were in his shoes.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Here is link to see the actual show. You kind of wonder why he had such a meltdown??

www.ifilm.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Here's another thread:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...
He did this to avoid talking about RoveGate later on. He probably knew he would be questioned about it and used this as an excuse.

He and Carville go at it all the time! Slimeball!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Conservative and liberal aside, that guy has got to be one of the most surly pricks I've ever seen. What a weasel!!

On a side note that Army commercial preceding Novak's PMS episode was such drivel!

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
He probably knew he would be questioned about it and used this as an excuse.

the guy at the end said he DID know he was to be questioned about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Novak is scum. He;s like limbaugh, a hypocrit and a fraud. Complaining all the time about liberal scum, then goes and purposely and illegally leaks the name of a covert intelligence officer just to mess with a guy who criticized a single particular 'factual' aspect of what the president said in a few speeches.

Novak should be shot as a traitor. He was clearly too cowardly to face any sort of punishment and caved in to the government and cooperated with them in his grand jury testimony. And now we can see that he's such a little wuss, and knows it that he over-reacts and explodes over a slight to his (laughably non-existant) 'backbone'.

new topics

top topics

join