It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why muslims in america or overseas dont turn jihadists in...Answer is here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I myself am an american muslim... an the community i go to are mainly immigrant muslims...

Now there is what i call the immigrant mentality, these people come from 3rd world countries which dont have freedom of speech or rampant corruption of police at low levels.

see my wife is an immigrant.. and i recently turned in those guys u read about in LA who were doing gas station robberies.. but they were trying to fund terrorist activities right here in LA... so my wife was scared saying.. dont tell the police.. they will arrest u too.. I said WHAT??? are u crazy.. she is like.. no.. if u tell them they will arrest u too... see in her country thats what would happen... u turn someone in.. and the police arrest u too and want bribe money to let u go...

see its not that muslims here support terrorism, its the fact that they dont understand that polive here are pretty much honest.. and wont arrest u for turning someone in...

secondly.. they think if the speak out against it.. they might become targets of terrorists..

now since i turned those guys in... my wife is terrified these terrorists are gonna kill our family...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well it might be that they really dont know who the terrorists are, the muslims in america.

Also there afraid of somekind of backlash that will happen.

The ones overseas, proabably dont say anything is because theres probably ohers in there community who support terrorists and they dot want a backlash from them.

I the end i think the muslim clerics in the Mosque shud turn anyone in they feel is an extremist.

[edit on 8/5/2005 by Kigga]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
exactly... so it kinda sucks.. and now.. like i said, my wife is terrified.. they arrested a 3rd person 2 days ago from my masjid.. (this hasnt even made the news yet) and she is like.. he saw u talking to the FBI.... what if he tells them it was you... that has me worried too...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The world will only fix itself with honesty and insight like this. Keep on keepin' on. It is a terrible situation, and I applaud you for doing the right thing.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Thanks for doing your duty. Each citizen must perform in what way he/she can.... some may never have the opportunity to make the choice... you've made the correct one.
I'm glad you're a fellow american. But as to the Muslim wife, what's the problem, no nice Italian girls in your neighborhood?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
In the past, I would have agreed with you. But this nation is changing so fast and radically, I am not as confident as I used to be in the integrity and safety of the legal system.

I would urge you to stop talking publicly (here) about the details of this event and the details of your life. There's no need to be afraid, but there's no need to draw attention to yourself or the event.

You can still talk about the subject of this thread without telling the personal details.

Just my opinion.

Edit: And yes! You did the right thing! Good for you!

[edit on 5-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by periwinkle blue
I'm glad you're a fellow american. But as to the Muslim wife, what's the problem, no nice Italian girls in your neighborhood?

dude.. if there were some hot italian girls.. hell yeah i would have married one...lol.. naa.. my wife is cool.. she takes care of me... real loving... she is the type i could wake her up at 2am and say my back hurts.. and she will wake up and massage me...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Aruv, you did the right thing. If more people where as brave as you, things would not be as bad. I hope for you and your families safety.

Its people like you and your wife that America will always welcome and consider postitive additions to its culture.

The people you turned in however, deserve whatever they get.

Good job!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
"he saw u talking to the FBI.... what if he tells them it was you... that has me worried too..."

The guy is arrested he aint ever goin to get out so theres no point worring.
He proabably somewhere gettin tortured right now........

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kigga

We can only hope Kigga, we can only hope...But at least his head is still attached to his shoulders.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
i told the fbi... i know u cant "legally" torture this guy.. (the ring leader)... but if u put me 30 min in his cell... well i will get him to say everything he knows.. fbi said.. we have to play by the rules.. but he did get a laugh.. lol

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by aruv
I myself am an american muslim... an the community i go to are mainly immigrant muslims...
Now there is what i call the immigrant mentality, these people come from 3rd world countries which dont have freedom of speech or rampant corruption of police at low levels.

Well, Aruv those kids in Britan were born and brought up in the UK and so were most of their neighbours, so the "immigrant mentality" wouldnt apply to them would it? also they were aware that they have a couple of rotten apples in their yard but choose to ignore them.
They were born and brought up as Britishers so i think they would have a more knowledgeable view of the law. So what is the reason their neighbours in britan didnt report it to the police?

see my wife is an immigrant.. and i recently turned in those guys u read about in LA who were doing gas station robberies.. but they were trying to fund terrorist activities right here in LA...

I would like to applaud you for your bravery and your service to your community. It was really a very brave thing to do, doing the right thing of contacting the police even though you were under pressure from your wife not to do so!

see its not that muslims here support terrorism, its the fact that they dont understand that polive here are pretty much honest.. and wont arrest u for turning someone in...

I also feel that even if they know that the police wont arrest them they feel that by reporting such things they are betraying their religion or their community or something. That is also a reason I feel.
Also muslims in most parts of the world have a very strong sense of community and brotherhood that makes them a very closed community to break into for help in tracking terrorists. Also if somebody tells I would think that they would pretty much be ostracised from their community and would feel vulnerable especailly the immigrants!

now since i turned those guys in... my wife is terrified these terrorists are gonna kill our family...

I would say that ignorance is the enemy here in this case. Muslims in genral have little faith in the system because most are immigrants from the third world.
You need to be brave and to prove to your community that what you did was not a betrayal to islam but a service to it by identifing the people who would potentially tarnish its name.

I have encountered many muslims most of whom would never ever admit that their religion has its problems and almost certainly not give up one of their own to anybody else other than another muslim even if this person was very dangerous.
So what you did is a welcome trend, if this continues more Americans will feel safer about muslims in genral and will the muslim community will gain greater trust and respect from the everybody.

IAF

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kigga
"he saw u talking to the FBI.... what if he tells them it was you... that has me worried too..."

The guy is arrested he aint ever goin to get out so theres no point worring.

Yeah, you suspect someone is a terrorist, turn them in and next thing you know they're in Guantanamo Bay getting tortured, and will most likely never get out!
So hey, if anyone has hates anyone else, and they're a minority, you could always call the FBI and tell them that you feel that this person is a terrorist

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
hey IAF..

u made awesome points.. exactly.. 1st its not that i heard these guys talking.. they tried to actually recuit me.. (that pissed me off even more) 2nd the recruiter was trying to justify how killing innocent people was a just thing to do.. we argued for hrs on this (still at this time i felt this is one dumb individual, but potentially dangerous) then i said i have to do something.. for 2 reasons.. 1 to prevent murder.. 2 (like u said) it tarnishes islam... i am like u.. im only trying now to be the role model for local muslims.. so they can see "turning these assholes in" is the right thing to do...

One guy asked me.. why did u talk to the FBI, i said.. first its our responsibility as muslims.. to prevent evil.. and terrorism is evil.. 2nd.,. if these assholes did something.. our lives as muslims in america will only get harder.. he understood me...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
thank you,aruv. your truly a patriotic american, and i for one am glad to have you and your family here in the US
. The 30 minute thing was funny
. Muslims like you and your family are very welcome here, and i hope your wife learns to trust us as you have
i hope more muslims like you come to trust us and want to share our country

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear

Yeah, you suspect someone is a terrorist, turn them in and next thing you know they're in Guantanamo Bay getting tortured, and will most likely never get out!
So hey, if anyone has hates anyone else, and they're a minority, you could always call the FBI and tell them that you feel that this person is a terrorist

see bro, the thing is.. these guys tried to recruit me for their cause.. so there was no "i think he is bad"...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear

see bro, the thing is.. these guys tried to recruit me for their cause.. so there was no "i think he is bad"...

Yeah, you did the right thing if they were really terrorists. However I'm talking about this "in general."

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

and she is like.. he saw u talking to the FBI.... what if he tells them it was you

When did he see you talking to the FBI??? How would they know its you??

skippty
Its people like you and your wife that America will always welcome and consider postitive additions to its culture.

And you think he will feel the same way if the US 'nukes' mecca and the like???

aruv
One guy asked me.. why did u talk to the FBI,

Why does everyone know that you went to the FBI?
On the one hand, you wouldn't want to make yourself a target, on the other hand, because of what you did, the FBI is rounding up and breaking up an active recruiting terrorist cell, and they will probably be far too busy running from the FBI to spend resources to get back at you. And also know other people in your community know that you are a stand up guy and that you did what was right, and that they were the bad guys.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
everyone knows i went to the fbi because it was at the masjid were i talked to them.. and its not necesarily the muslims who were with them, but the rollin 60s crips that the ring leader was a part of.. there "hood" is only 5 minutes from my home...

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Well, Aruv those kids in Britan were born and brought up in the UK and so were most of their neighbours, so the "immigrant mentality" wouldnt apply to them would it? also they were aware that they have a couple of rotten apples in their yard but choose to ignore them.
They were born and brought up as Britishers so i think they would have a more knowledgeable view of the law. So what is the reason their neighbours in britan didnt report it to the police?

couple of things...

1, it is not true that they have been ignoring the extremists, quite the opposite! The comminities have been trying to get the police to act for years but have been ignored and told it's your problem you sort it out.

2, The correct term for is Britons not Britishers

new topics

top topics

join