It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

heres a question none of can solve.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
look at this question from a creationists view of the earth. the earth is about 6000 years old so how could there be a fossils dating back millions of years and rock layers billions of years. and i want to see if anyone can guess how many ppl actually saw dinosaurs. try to solve this using the: apeearance of old age theory

i want to see u guys answer that question with the CORRECT answer.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karl Toussaint
i want to see u guys answer that question with the CORRECT answer.

And I'd like to see this forum used for it's stated purpose.

Why play the "evolutionist" in a false dichotomy manufactured by creationists as part of the conspiracy to undermine reason and elevate their efforts?

Really, this is not debate forum. I realize people fall victim to that thinking quite easily, but when you constantly put out troll bait, you just get trolls.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
There really isn't much point in asking this question.. a creationalist's standard answer would be to say all dating methods are false.. and that dinosaurs were either vegetarians, tame or scared of us [even though we didn't exist].. you are asking them to 'think'.. best of luck to you.

trolls?

[edit on 5-8-2005 by riley]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
well i think your dating methods are real and i am a creationinst. carbon dating has itts follys but it is also reliable.so just see if u can answer the question.

[edit on 07/29/2005 by Karl Toussaint]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
How do you explain all those dino fossils they find....You think dino's didnt exist.....

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
i belive dinos were never alive except in a certain period. why i belive this the question ur trying to answer.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Look at this from a worshipper's view....

Rain comes from the God(s) crying and thunder is caused by giant drums in the sky. Doesn't make it true though, but they are certainly welcome to thier beliefs. It was a very real belief at one time though. Now we know through science how rain happens and we know how thunder is made from contact between warm and cold air.

So now you say from a creationist view, the earth is 6000 years old. You are welcome to that belief, but that doesn't make it true either. We know through the fossil record and radio-carbon dating that the earth is far older than that.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
*Disclaimer: there is no proven "CORRECT" answer* , so dont call people willing to answer your question "stupidheads" or any other comments against them and their "silly naive" beliefs.

Personally, I'm not going to touch the actual question, I agree with RANT that it doesnt follow the reason for this forum, and besides you could have chosen multiple other links to argue your point, i suggest using the search button.

However, I am willing to clarify something for riley and Kigga.

riley, why do you think dinosaurs would have to be "vegetarians, tame or scared of us"? There were other animals alive at the time that could have harmed humans. Are dinosaurs so much better that it would be impossible for the human race to survive, had they been the way we see them in childrens books?

and Kigga, dinosaurs are meantioned in the bible, just not by that name. they were called dragons, and you can search for the term in the KJV Bible using any bible search engine.

---Pineapple

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown
Personally, I'm not going to touch the actual question, I agree with RANT that it doesnt follow the reason for this forum, and besides you could have chosen multiple other links to argue your point, i suggest using the search button.

Moved to Faith & Spirituality as will all apples and oranges debates and creationists tracts from now on.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown
riley, why do you think dinosaurs would have to be "vegetarians, tame or scared of us"? There were other animals alive at the time that could have harmed humans. Are dinosaurs so much better that it would be impossible for the human race to survive, had they been the way we see them in childrens books?

Actually I was letting him know what the standard answers young earther's give.. I think the idea the dinosaurs and humans co-existing is story book fiction. Disregarding the massive 160 million year time lapse for a moment.. It would be impossible for us to have co-existed with them without becoming dino dung.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
by correct answer i meant y do i think of that as being correct can anyone understand my theory (really hard) and then try to explain my theory

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
by the way i dont belive science dosent exist. there are many laws that govern the universe. just bcuse u have faith dosnet mean u cant love science. im trying to be a phsysist and i love science.i know how rain is formed i dont beleive rain comes from God's eyes. u mite want to read up on ur religions.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

by correct answer i meant y do i think of that as being correct can anyone understand my theory (really hard) and then try to explain my theory

You haven't actually given a theory.. and.. even though I answered earlier.. go to a museum and you can see dead ones.. thats the only way humans can see them [aside from possible future cloning].

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
i will give u my theory by days end. i ned to go eat something.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

by the way i dont belive science dosent exist. there are many laws that govern the universe. just bcuse u have faith dosnet mean u cant love science. im trying to be a phsysist and i love science.i know how rain is formed i dont beleive rain comes from God's eyes. u mite want to read up on ur religions.

Well, for the record...I was giving examples. The rain and thunder was actually more akin to old roman/greek beliefs than anything. You know, Zeus and his lightning bolts and all.

The point I was making is that long ago (and even today it seems) people have strange notions based on faith. They looked at the world around them and attributed things they didn't understand to a god. Rain, snow, the god of the ocean sinking ships, whatever. As science began to explain these things, we expanded our knowledge and beliefs changed.

Science may not have proven evolution as a fact, but it has certainly proven the Earth is older than 6000 years.

Here are some interesting data. It also addresses many of the "young earth" arguements.
www.talkorigins.org...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Here's a good link:

Christian Geology

And another:

Amazing Discoveries

I think there are very sound ideas put forth by these pages, respectively.

There are zealots on either side of the religion/science fence, and I believe that the truth is usually found in the fence, itself--one of the main reasons the world says 'don't sit on the fence!' It's not about indecision, it's about truth!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have seen them
I have seen the Rolling Stones in concert.

Other than that, It's highly likely that no human has seen a living dinosaur.

Although
The carriers of Dino genes however, is a different story. IMO
I've seen them, I can hear them. I clean their traces from my windshield
on a regular basis..chirp chirp..

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Look, dude, if you have a theory that explains the fossil record & the carbon dating in a way that harmonizes with the young earth idea, then just tell us, o.k. This is not a game show and you are not Alex Trebek. I am a Creationist who doesn't happen to agree with the idea of the earth being only 6,000 years old and I don't feel that my faith or beliefs are threatened in any way.

So, give us a break, Karl. Either S**T or get off the pot.

[edit on 8/5/2005 by lightseeker]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i belive God made the earth in 7 days like it says in the bible(dont dispute this whetther u believe or not), but wen he made it he made mature. he made the earth with all the fossils and geologic records.he placed man on the adam and eve in the garden of eden with ALL aniamls like it says in the Bible including dinosaurs which wouldn't have been a problem since nothing ate meat at this time. the rest is history. i believe carbon dating and other dating methods can be fairly accurate. the earth did not evovle over billions of years it was mature at "birth". and i believe in the process of accretion cause it does take millions of years for a galaxy or solar system to form. if u r an unbeliever u must admit(unless im missing something) coming from a my view of creation this makes good sense. and if u belive God made the earth over bilions of years u r wrong cause it clearly says in the Bible it took 7 days to make the universe not 4.9 billion years. this is not a vague part in the Bible this is very clear.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I believe the Word of God.

That said...

what is the point of your thread? Are you here to TELL us something or to learn?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join