It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A View Of Iraq From An USArmy Soldier

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Nope, it's been pulled! Souljah?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Army
“They had a better educational system here and we weren’t not discriminated against because of our beliefs,” the State College, Penn., native and 1999 State College Area High School graduate. “The idea of free thought, free speech was something new to me and I was happy to be a part of it.”

A few friends from my country, Finland, were exchange students in America.
When the American students in the school asked them "You're christian, right?" and they said "No, I'm an atheist, I don't believe in God.", the American students were appalled to say the least, they probably thought they were terrorists!

One of my friends was in Detroit, can't remember where my other friend was. My friend who was in Detroit ended up hanging out mostly with other exchange students, he got along with some Americans aswell and ended up having a good time overall, even though he was discriminated.
There was one reason why he also avoided some of the Americans, according to him many of the Americans who were about 16 to 17 years old at the time behaved like 12 year olds behave here in Finland, the Europeans were according to him more mature like himself. These kids there were also kind of controversial; they agreed that smoking tobacco and drinking booze was bad for your health, but instead of doing them, they smoked mostly marihuana and ate MAGIC mushrooms

So my point is, the things Mr. Chernyshev is saying, might not apply to all places in America, maybe he was lucky, or then this is a bit of propaganda to support the invasion of Iraq.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What the hell is going on in this thread? Can anyone explain?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

That way, this thread wont be filled up by "My right wing neocon buddy over there who is exactly like me which is why we are friends reckons the opposite" posts which mean nothing anyway. The fact that you think posts like this are made to "convince you" is arrogant and laughable. ATS is not about you. Your "lone crusader" fantasy roleplay about kicking in the saloon doors at ATS and joining up to set the board straight has done nothing to deny ignorance on this board whatsoever.

You have voted cargo for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Thanks man.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by cargo]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
yes it is one mans opinion but in an army of ONE wouldnt that technicly make it every ONE's? hehe

as for when the war started........id have to guess 2000 years ago at least, that area of the world has been the biggest war mongering money maker in history for what ever nation that has controlled it.

ok im babbleing but thats my thoughts

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join