It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighting the Aliens. Uniting humanity against the threat.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inno887

Who cares if they are here , who saids that they are trespassing? do we own earth. no? We wouldn't be where we are now if it wasn't for the Aliens.

I think Yes ! We do own Earth! Its Silly to say we don't own the Earth!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
How can we defend ourselves from beings far superior than us, if we are not united. We allow the greed of certain individuals to prevent our advancement as a race. In order to advance farther, we need to unite, create free energy, conserve our planet, and respect the laws of the universe. Unfortunately, it will take something like a global killer to convince people.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by blaqmyst]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I had not responded to this since it seemed to me to be a clear violation of the Rules, but since the Mods have spoken, so will I.

There is no evidence to support the idea that any form of Alien Life is hostile to us. Sure a lot of people have been frightened by something that has happened to them, but that is not exactly unique. The thing we fear more than any other is the Unknown. And at this stage the Unknown is exactly what Aliens are.

I have no doubt other Life exists, furthermore I am convinced that we have been visited more than once. I even am willing to say that some people have been Abducted.

But no matter what has been done to us by another Race it pales in comparision to what we have done to ourselves. We are learning, slowly for sure, to get along with each other and someday I believe we will begin to learn the same about Life from other Planets.

What I am not willing to say is that any of this shows hostility. Jeremiah has it right, if a Race can cross the Galaxy, even from a nearby Star then we have little chance of defending ourselves in a fight. And with our current level of understanding we would not even see it comming.

Notice I said 'little chance' depending on how it was done we might win. And if such a thing ever happens I will grab my gun, join with my fellow men and women and show them that primative or not, Humans know how to stand and fight, and we are not afraid.

But I cannot help but remember that some of the greatest evils that have ever happened on this planet started with picking out an Enemy. Adolf Hitler pointed a finger at an innocent race of people and used that to start his fight for power. His insanity almost covered the globe. I will never be a part of anything like that, if a weapon is pointed at me I WILL respond. Until then the gun stays locked up where it belongs.

And on the same note, until someone can show me proof of hostile intentions I am going to stick with my feeling that we simply do not understand what the intentions of the Aliens really might be.

I will close with the words of someone far wiser than I:

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"

A.T
(-)

[edit on 8/6/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
even if the visiting aliens were hostile how could we fight a war against them properly when we still fight wars against each other

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau

But no matter what has been done to us by another Race it pales in comparision to what we have done to ourselves. We are learning, slowly for sure, to get along with each other and someday I believe we will begin to learn the same about Life from other Planets.

Alexander Tau

I love what you said. I only quote part, but your whole post shows a commendable example of the wisdom and willingness it is taking for humans to both unite ourselves on Earth and open a diplomatic relationship with our local group of worlds.

"You have voted Alexander Tau for the Way Above Top Secret award."

[edit on 8/6/2005 by EarthSister]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

Originally posted by Inno887

Who cares if they are here , who saids that they are trespassing? do we own earth. no? We wouldn't be where we are now if it wasn't for the Aliens.

I think Yes ! We do own Earth! Its Silly to say we don't own the Earth!

We don't own the Earth. It lets us live here. The Earth is more than capable of wiping us all out at any time, as ably demonstrated on boxing day last year.

d1k

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
I'm going to start a

Well reading the thread in which you got the warning for I take it you want to suicide bomb their ship when abducted?

No thanks.

P.S. Reading your threads and seeing your avatar strikes me with a strong sense of Irony.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by d1k]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sign Me Up!!!

[edit on 113131p://380811 by instar]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau
IThere is no evidence to support the idea that any form of Alien Life is hostile to us. Sure a lot of people have been frightened by something that has happened to them, but that is not exactly unique. The thing we fear more than any other is the Unknown. And at this stage the Unknown is exactly what Aliens are.

...any 'evidence' is merely in the minds of those who have experienced it...as such is as dismissable as anyones belief in the Tooth Fairy.

That said...from my own personal beliefs/experiences...I'd take a sledgehammer to ETs skull first chance I got...they sure as hell aren't niceness-misunderstood...

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   

...any 'evidence' is merely in the minds of those who have experienced it...as such is as dismissable as anyones belief in the Tooth Fairy.

Really? Does the same thing stick in court if 6 people identify a person guilty of a crime? Seems to me you need some more thinking on this matter. People get convicted on the bases of eyewitness testimonies. But the same thing, experiences by people, doesn't apply to ufology, huh?

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerraX
Really? Does the same thing stick in court if 6 people identify a person guilty of a crime?

Allow me to retort somewhat:

Legal Case: Eye Witnesses...generally given some credence.

Aliens/UFOs/Abductions/ET doing donuts in Farmer Joes back paddock to create crop circles: Eye Witnesses...generally not given credence.

Theres a HUGE leap in believability from "We all saw Joe Smith stab that other guy" to "We all saw Joe Smith morph into a 3 legged frog like creature, hop into a big shiny spaceship and fly away"

Seems to me you need some more thinking on this matter. People get convicted on the bases of eyewitness testimonies.

Seems to me you need a reality check. If you think Court Cases and Abduction/UFO Cases have anywhere near the same standing in regards to 'eye witness accounts', you may be somewhat mistaken.

But the same thing, experiences by people, doesn't apply to ufology, huh?

Don't recall saying that...what I do recall is making reference to my own beliefs/experiences. I most certainly believe in Aliens/UFOs/Abductions etc etc...but I'm not about to think for second that any 'eye witness account' I might make because of those beliefs/experiences is going to be in any way believable to others. Thats the nature of the beast unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Personally, I think the nature of the beast is where people set the standard for acceptance. In my previous post I wasn't even addressing outlandish stories such as a person morphing into a frog and hopping into a craft. I was more pointing to lets say a sighting by multiple people in different locations all witnessing the same object and independantly confirming eachothers story. Such a thing happend in abundance in the Mexico 1991 sightings.
Next I made the comparison to the court system to show you how one methodology is used there but not in ufology. Personally, I view that as setting a standard where it suits you. Lets face it, in the last 50 years there have been literally thousands of genuine sightings and many people still have trouble accepting even one of those sightings. The nature of the beast you describe isn't a general external commonly agreed upon factor. It's an internal mechanism.

Like Ace Ventura said while wearing a pink skirt - "it's all psychological"

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
get you down.

There are many that think the same way you do, but they are to affraid to speak.

The only way to turn the tides is to speak up. BUT if you can't do that, then atleast know what is right in your heart, and know you are not alone.

-One day soon.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The topic is very mis-leading, what threat have they caused us?

They have done more good then bad. If they have the power to travel at the speed of light they should be able to have the common sense of knowing what would happend if they exposed themselves to the human society. What im trying to say is that they not exposing themselves to the general public for a good reason.

In my theory, we as humans have only become classified as a "intelligent race" only in the past 100 years. As life progresses they are gradually exposing themselves more and more.

One day we shall know the truth that we are not alone in the universe.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well, in the event that there was proof of a hostile extra-terrestrial species (proof as in people of importance saying so, or putting there ships over are cities and opening fire), than I might join a resistance.

But, as of now, I have no proof there is such a species, personally, I believe that there is more than likely a few, and that aliens, like humans have good and bad in there societies, I willl not join this resistance, however I will act as an observer, and watch the evolution of this phenomenon, and If I believe it would be in my interests to join I will.

ON a side note, If you have a newsletter, I'd like to subscribe to it.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Well from what I've seen the aliens aren't nearly as bad as humans are. Just look at what we do to each other. Depends on what the aliens want...I just might want to side with them.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'm willing.
Let me know what needs to be done.

-Selective

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
well i belive when u STOP thinking somewhere in lines of "sledgehammer to the skull" or being generally paranoid, you will not be alone in the universe anymore

Hi EarthSis, nice to see u

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
well i belive when u STOP thinking somewhere in lines of "sledgehammer to the skull" or being generally paranoid, you will not be alone in the universe anymore

...what if we ARE paranoid because we know we're not alone in the universe, and our neighbours aren't all playing nice-nice...

...its not paranoia if they ARE out to get you...

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
if you dont want to be abducted just let them know that and theyll leave you alone

That's great. We could have something like the telemarketing 'do not call list', only it would be a 'do not abduct list' so the aliens would know who to leave alone.

Syrian, at least this type of post is better than your usual and ceaseless U.S. bashing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join