It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

connection between Aztecs and Egyptians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
it seems odd to think that two civilisations like the Egyptians and the Aztecs can be linked in south america at the temple of Teotihuacan the pyramids align to orions belt in the same manner as the great pyramids of Egypt do

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Not really.... There seems to be mounting evidence that these two ancient empires traded with each other. Indeed, there's excellent evidence that South America is the Atlantis continent described by Solon to Plato....
They've already proven that vessels of the time, could actually make the journey....

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It's not odd because Aztecs were Egyptian. The Egyptians were sailors and they discovered America.

The Aztecs were descendants of Egyptian peoples, that's why they were so versed in mathematics, astrology, science, and medicine.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You have it wrong also. It wasn't the Aztecs, it was the Mayan civilization that made pyramids aligned to those in Egypt.

I guess I was mentally absent when I read this post that's why I missed the mistake.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
ah i have something to add evidence has also been found in the remains of a mummy. they found coc aine, which at that point was native to south amarica

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
nope i'm reading the book The Mystery of the Crystal Skulls and it's the teotihuacan pyramids which are aztec i'm not saying that the mayans and aztecs can't also be connected though

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've read about this also, I never heard of an Aztec pyramid being aligned with that of Egyptian pyramids.

Read They came before Columbus

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm very intrigued by these civilizations and the topic at hand... does anyone have a good book to suggest or even some online articles so I can read more??

-JAH

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
There are also carvings of elephants. An animal that has never lived on South America. So one would think you would have to see one to carve it. Also the Olmec heads look like African. I for one do believe the Egyptians did travel to South America.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
JustAnotherHologram i suggest this book as it gives a outline to both if u r looking for depth maybe not it's outling the crystal skulls which is connected to both civilisations. but it's called The Mystery of the Crystal Skulls by Chris Morton and Ceri Louise Thomas

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
Also the Olmec heads look like African. I for one do believe the Egyptians did travel to South America.

Yes, indeed. The Olmec statues indeed have negroid features.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The headdress worn by Toltec Indians bore the symbol of the back of the head of a Cobra and the back of the body of a dove. This similar to the Egyptian headdress which was the head of a Cobra and the head of a vulture.

The Olmec was a Western Hemispheric empire which were involved with the Mayan's who the Toltec conquered.

homepages.luc.edu...

Its apparent that the Egyptians were in the Western Hemisphere a very long time ago.

Both the Mayans, Toltec's and the Aztecs formed there empires in Mountainous regions (Gazok for the record you made an excellent find). Its very possible that these Indian empires which had no horses or other beast of burden of equal size, used an alternative to move men and material. The Nazca lines could easily have been map markers for a culture who traveled using balloons.

A Balloon which was well build and sturdy could have climbed to an altitude which allowed it access to the Jet stream (its cabin would also have to be pressurized but reason exist to consider that new how to do this as well). From Mexico the Jet Stream would take them to the Mediterranean and the trip back would allow them to pass over the Nazca lines.

There are other issues in respect to this matter with regard to boats, specifically all of the European and African cultures for a time considered the horizon to be the point at which heaven and earth touched, so when a person was considered to be dead they would place them on a well constructed boat (the Orientals still engage to some extent in this practice) and set them off to sea. Not all those prepared this way were actually dead and the boats were so well constructed they were able to cross the Atlantic in good condition.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnotherHologram
I'm very intrigued by these civilizations and the topic at hand... does anyone have a good book to suggest or even some online articles so I can read more??

-JAH

It caused quite a brawl in the scholarly world because the originator of the Orion theory rushed to popularize it, and there are some things that are VERY wrong with it (if you use the three pyramids as the "belt" of Orion, you find that they're actually angled the wrong way. It would work if you did a horizontal flip on the constellation of Orion. But constellatons don't flip.)

Here's one of the pages where the scholars address the mess that the original "I Have A Grand Notion" person made.
www.alien.de...

I'll have to find the links again to the Temple of Ma'at that goes into this in more detail.

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by Byrd]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Actually, the Aztecs aren't related to the Egyptians. Egyptians are Caucasioids/Negroid mix (depending on what time you examine the population), Aztecs are American Indians and related to the Orientals.

The skulls of the two groups are different. Really different. (here's a reference page with the major landmark differences: www.anthrogirl.com... )

(and here's a review of the skull, in case you didn't have the Human Anat Course From Nightmares (like I did) and can't remember if the zygomatic process is adjacent to the temporal or the parietal bones: medstat.med.utah.edu... )

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'm with you on that...but I do believe the two knew of each other's cultures and had trade... There's simply too many connections.... But one spawning the other? No, I don't agree with that idea....

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I wrote this a many a moons ago dealing with the Olmec, but Byrd hit on it quite well.

Past ATS thread:
"The Olmec & the Elephant "toy'
www.abovetopsecret.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I agree with nyeff that Egyptians did visit/trade with the Aztecs, but it's a little far out there to say Aztecs were Egyptian. Aztecs were a sect of the the original native Americans that migrated to South America from Asia.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Horses are not animals which are indigenous to the Western Hemisphere, in fact it was not until the Spaniards came that it was first introduced. Despite the fact that Egyptians and American Indian empires traded why were not horses in the western hemisphere prior to the arrival of the Spanish?

One response is that the method of transportation would not have allowed that much weight to be carried.

Its very likely that the reason for that is the Indian Empires used Balloons.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think it was more due to the fact that livestock are inherently more difficult to transport than other goods, and since they also require food and water, just like a crew member, it simply wasn't economically feasible... Small pets yes...but not large ones...we're still talking reed boats here, even though ocean-going....

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
Horses are not animals which are indigenous to the Western Hemisphere, in fact it was not until the Spaniards came that it was first introduced. Despite the fact that Egyptians and American Indian empires traded why were not horses in the western hemisphere prior to the arrival of the Spanish?

Well, there WERE, technically, but they died off long before humans crossed the land bridge. That's why llamas were used.

One response is that the method of transportation would not have allowed that much weight to be carried.
Its very likely that the reason for that is the Indian Empires used Balloons.

Uhmm... citations, please?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join