It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont think Al Qaida will Nuke the U.S., but Iraq.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The latest video tape from Al Qaida has sent chills down my spine. They specifically state "tens of thousands of military dead".

Al-Zawahri also threatened the United States with tens of thousands of military dead if it does not withdraw its troops from Iraq immediately.

Al Qaida Threat to the West.

What would be the best way to go about this? It would take over 10 years of war to get remotely close to those numbers with the current casualty rate. So how would they achieve this in the least possible time? A nuke.

Are we prepared for a Nuclear Blast in Iraq? Do we have a means of preventing this? Would it really be that hard to accomplish?

More importantly, if this were to happen, how would it effect our military? Do you think other countries would seize the moment when the U.S. is the weakest? Would the country react as it did in WWII or would it cower to its borders?

I honestly don't think we are prepared for or even expect this sort of action.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by crisko]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Good insight, hadn't thought of that.

I always thought the tens of thousands was related in terms from the Koran about an eye for an eye. Apparently they thought the U.S. was directly responsible for that many Muslum deaths. But the key wording is "tens of thousands of MILITARY dead".

If they had a nuke it would be much more easier to smuggle it into Iraq than the U.S.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Ive thought something like this for a while, accept it was more form Iran, but its the same principle, 1 well placed nuke in iraq could cripple our military, i woudlnt doubt this happening, but hope it does not.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Interesting post. The thing here is what Country are they from, as far as majority?
Retaliation should occur and knowing where the little Devils were bored may help with the overall response.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
If they do, they loose credibility with the Arab Nations and Moslem's around the world....I do not think this is likely.....at all.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
If they do, they loose credibility with the Arab Nations and Moslem's around the world....I do not think this is likely.....at all.

Yeah lol we all know how much they loose when the blow themselves up infront of girl schools, markets and mosks =P

I seriously dont believe an arab nation will say much of anything if it happened, They seem to be speachless when the suicide bombings are going on killing there own people...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I would be watching the supplies to the military bases closely and consider the possibility
of chemical or biological weapons.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

Yeah lol we all know how much they loose when the blow themselves up infront of girl schools, markets and mosks =P

I seriously dont believe an arab nation will say much of anything if it happened, They seem to be speachless when the suicide bombings are going on killing there own people...

Agreed but it would not serve their purpose, they want SHOCK and massive civilian casualties. (Americans)

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I smell marshall law.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear
I smell marshall law.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

Agreed but it would not serve their purpose, they want SHOCK and massive civilian casualties. (Americans)

... or would it serve their purpose I wonder ?

If there is a massive attack, in Iraq maybe, which kills scores of [their] fellow Muslims, and the reasons for which can be shown to lie firmly at the foot of the Americans (for the invasion and occupation of the holy Muslim lands, supporting aggression by Israel and so on [pl don't flame - this isn't my subjective view, I'm just setting the context out here] - then instead of 10 suicide bombers you make 100, or 500, each one of whom then goes onto to kill American citizens back at home, or elsewhere in the 'west'. Then you'll have the shock and massive civilian casualties.

I think the message from the latest tape could support this view of an attack outside of the US/UK ...

I kinda had a go at describing that here - but I dunno how good a job I made of it ... (and I hope that's not cross-posting).

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I too have thought of this possibility, as porous as our own U.S.borders are, the movement of nuclear materials still necessitates either air or sea transport
It seems far easier to 'truck' into Iraq from any of the surrounding Muslim nations a nuclear device, if such they possess.

Detonating such an explosion, or multiple explosions, each with a concentration of US forces within the 'kill zone' could cause thousands of US military losses in a day.

The reaction of the Muslim world, whatever the consequent loss in Iraqi lives, would be to blame the US, because we made ourselves the target. In any case, Al Qaeda does not care what the Muslim reaction will be, and would happily topple any existing Muslim leadership if only to fill the vacuum, as they are attempting to do now in Iraq.

top topics

join