It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Point

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I searched and couldn't find a post like this so I hope I'm not repeating anything but I was wondering what specifically you have to do to get into West Point. I know basically what the requirements are but I would like to know specifics like anything that would gain favor in the eyes of the West Point personnel that it doesn't talk about in the prospectus. Any insight would be aprreciated.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Borm
I searched and couldn't find a post like this so I hope I'm not repeating anything but I was wondering what specifically you have to do to get into West Point. I know basically what the requirements are but I would like to know specifics like anything that would gain favor in the eyes of the West Point personnel that it doesn't talk about in the prospectus. Any insight would be aprreciated.

Contact your local Congressional representative. They nominate applicants from their district.

You need really good grades in math and the sciences. Lots of leadership experience (school government, local clubs), athletics, and a life outside of school (hobbies and recreation). Being a woman or a minority helps a lot.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It really helps to have a family that is rich, politiclly well connected, Republican, Family members that have gone to the "point" themselvesand last but not least no history of mental illness or alcholism.

The background check is very though.

If you are VERY good in sports; big plus!

Good luck!!!

new topics

join