It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Abusers should be executed!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I''m sorry Tinkleflower,but i can not agree with you.In a perdect system,or where politicians listened to the public,i would agree,100%.I'd support and campaign for LWOP,however,the system has faults and screws up and because of that,i wouldn't trust it.

Incidently,yes,i have found tha Fox News was wrong in it'd figures,do an unbiased story is here.Let me know what you think.

csmonitor.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by britcitusa
.I'd support and campaign for LWOP,however,the system has faults and screws up and because of that,i wouldn't trust it.

And that's exactly why I can't trust the death penalty system - it's rife with faults and screw ups.

You know?

If there were better systems in place to ensure fairness and justice, that'd be one thing.

But there aren't.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

And that's exactly why I can't trust the death penalty system - it's rife with faults and screw ups.

You know?

If there were better systems in place to ensure fairness and justice, that'd be one thing.

But there aren't.

I appreciate people who stick to their views!Thanks for your honesty.We'll just have to agree to disagree

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
well this is my opinion, i think they should be killed.

if there is enough evidence to show them guilty then kill them.

this world is bad enough without this type of scum walking around.

some children cry wolf but i think men/women accused should stay away from children until it is sorted.

but if the evidence is there then kill them.

just think of the people children babies and young teenagers. who will never get there child hood back due to them being tortured and hurt beyond repair.

this is my opinion. sorry if i offended anyone.

oni x x

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

just think of the people children babies and young teenagers. who will never get there child hood back due to them being tortured and hurt beyond repair.

I think it's safe to say everyone considers the victims when forming an opinion about something of this magnitude

Killing the perps however won't give them back their childhood, or their innocence.

And it won't stop the next group of molestors from doing their thing, either.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
So how are we going to prevent the next offenders from offending?

The death penalty doesn't exactly act as a good deterrent.

Life without parole costs less than an execution, and accomplishes the same "idealistic" goal; that being, the prisoner can not commit the crime again, and will remain punished (and believe me, child molesters do not have a nice, comfy life in prisons...) for the rest of his life.

Sadly neither option would deter other offenders.

The death penalty doesn't exactly act as a good deterrent because we don't use it as often as we should. Lets start using it and maybe just maybe people will think twice before they do something. We should make the death penalty more harsh and USE it. Once found guilty you should sacrifice your rights as we know them.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm not sure that would work.

Child sex offenders don't (generally) have the same motivation and pathology of most capital murderers....you can't really deter someone from doing something that they believe is an inherent part of themselves, a compulsion, a feeling that they're unable to control. Punishment becomes secondary to that compulsion.

If this train of thought is being likened to a disease process, we'd probably do better by trying to stop it from happening in the first place, rather than treating the "symptom" after the "disease" is already consuming the person.

I do agree though, that one of the biggest problems with the death penalty (at least in the US) is that it's not applied fairly. Too often we see two crimes of the same nature resulting in two entirely different sentences.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join