It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if - Christianity was no different than Islam?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
In fact, we are targetting only those that are doing precisely what I said before: bombing innocent people in the name of their God.

I suggest you Change Your Avatar, because it is Offensive and Against the Rules of the Board.

Even if you are America Mad Man, at least try to ACT Civilized.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Oh yeah there are Christian extremist, no doubt and Christianity herself immediately condemns what they do, the MAJORITY does. Yet Islam remains silent for the most part - except for a very few...

This isn't true. If you haven't seen the majority of Muslims denouncing terrorism, you have your eyes and ears closed. You are only seeing what you want to see.

Also, there is a segment of "Christian extremists" killing many people everyday and the regular Christians aren't condemning them, they're encouraging them and supporting them and making excuses for them. Their leader says he talks to God and gets his direction straight from Him. Think about it.

BTW, "Radical Islam" is not a religion. It's a state of mind, hi-jacked by an extremist segment.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This is an example of LUMP SUMMING the facts and making irrational conclusions based on arbitrary facts. Some Christians are faithful and some murder people, therefor all Christians are murderers? I don't buy that, nor do I buy that because there are several planks of Muslim extremism that it means all Muslims are terrorists. There are over 1 Billion Muslims, 99.9 percent are peacefull just like you and me. We should try not to generalize, especially if it means legitimizing arbitrary violence towards any group.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrostyChristianity was once a violent religion. Remember Martin Luther? T

He was not a violent man at all, I think you have him confused with someone else....

If Martin Luther were alive today, he would be on par with the mullahs and clerics issuing fahtwas on the heads of certain individuals. In Luther's case, the Jews: "Therefore the blind Jews are truly stupid fools..." His book "Jews and Their Lies" is nothing more than a rant on his anti-semetic views, much like Hitler he thought they should be killed for simply being Jews.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Now, stay with me a minute....

IF on Sunday all the Churches in the World said that the way to heaven is to kill as many Moslem's as you can and your reward will come in the afterlife.

How the frig is that like islam? Jesus man, get an education.

If Christians started strapping bombs on themselves and went unto Muslim gatherings and started taking out people just because they are Muslims?

The Phalangists in lebanon are christiano-fascist terrorists.

What if the Jews started doing the same thing?

Er, they did before the creation of the state of israel, jews and arabs living in British Palestine engaged in terrorism to get their demands met.

Well as most of us know, that is directly contradictory to both Christianity and Judaism....so it cant happen........or can it?
Obviously it can happen. Islam is a religion that requires peace before war and has great strictures for how to behave in war, and how to treat prisoners (you can't execute them, for example), and yet lots of people are able to use it to justify terrorism. Similarly, lots of christians were able to justify the Crusades thru the bible. And lots of other christians were able to justify the 100 years war, the wars with the american natives, the destruction of the cathars, the execution of witches, the harrasing and lynching of catholics, etc etc, thru the bible.
Hell, the bible says killing is not permited. Yet lots of states with christians in them have the death penalty and all of them have armies. So duh it can happen.

Please discuss what you think the ramifications would be if Christians just started randomly killing Moslem's because they were.....well Muslims.

Er, it woudl be bad. People would be unhappy. Whats your point? That radical militant muslims shouldn't go around killing people? Does any rational person actually disagree with this? No. The only people that think that terrorism is justified are lunatics, so what in the world can be accomplished by this?

Israeli Terrorist Kills 3 In Bus Shooting

What do yuo mean started? The radical militant settlers have allways been a problem, they too, like the radicals amoung the arabs, twist their holy texts to make it support their stupid little cause.

xphilesphan
had nothing to do with christianity, some of you people got some screwed up ideas about who the enemy is.

The militia movement, out of which the terrorists at OK came from, is closely associated witht the violent, radical, militant, racist, Christian Identity religious movement. So, no, there's no confusion about who the enemy is. Its violent militant radicals, not Christian, not Muslims.

souljah
suggest you Change Your Avatar, because it is Offensive and Against the Rules of the Board

You are not a moderator. This is at least the second time that I have seen you telling people that they are inviolation of the rules, and it ends up being merely because you personally are offended. If you are offended, report it.

edsinger
Yet Islam remains silent for the most part - except for a very few

The big collections of islamic scholars around the planet have stated that terrorism is never justified. This is an absurd statement for you to make. Most muslims are openly against terrorism, especially in the west. How often do a peaceable people have to pass your personal loyalty tests eh? What more can be said other than 'its wrong, its illegal, its immoral, its against the koran"?
When was the last time you personally apologized for the lebanese christian militias? Or any of the christian militias in africa? Or for the murdering of abortion clinic employees by radical christians?

He was not a violent man at all, I think you have him confused with someone else....

Surely you are thinking of Martin Luther King, not the first protestant, Martin Luther.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrostyIf Martin Luther were alive today, he would be on par with the mullahs and clerics issuing fahtwas on the heads of certain individuals. In Luther's case, the Jews: "Therefore the blind Jews are truly stupid fools..." His book "Jews and Their Lies" is nothing more than a rant on his anti-semetic views, much like Hitler he thought they should be killed for simply being Jews.

Yeah the Pope loved him for it.....

As for Islam not condoning these actions, I ask you then, how can OBL and the Inams say its ok and the MAJORITY of the Muslim world silently agree? You say they speak out and do not believe this and yet Al Jezzera is the most popular TV station in the Arab world.....YOu can not have it both ways....

Of course they are not going to come out and say they agree with it if they are living in the west, its a good way to get deported these days.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by edsinger]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join