It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if - Christianity was no different than Islam?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Just to make a quick point here,
man has been killing man long before Judaism, Christianity, or Islam...
For that matter, you can throw the eastern religions in that one also......

100% correct sir......but they are not the point of this thread are they?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
As I'm sure you're realizing, that is not an accurate account of the Islamic faith.

However, should radical Christians take such actions, they'd be treated how Muslims treat their radical bretheren. We'd have some very hard times in the US, many careers would be made and lost, and a general upheaval of society would occur. NOT because they're Christian or not, but because we'd have suicide bombers in our midst.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well the point of the thread is the DIFFERENCE between all of the Worlds religions and Islam. Ok radical Islam...

Its a stretch to see any other people strapping bombs on themsleves to go out and kill innocents.......

Plus, do the women suicide bombers get 70 male virgins?

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
As I'm sure you're realizing, that is not an accurate account of the Islamic faith.

Well I see this glorified suicide as unique to Islam, the only one I see as close was the Kamikazes but then again they hit military targets only....

NOT because they're Christian or not, but because we'd have suicide bombers in our midst.

We already do and that is the problem. They just haven't acted on it yet because once the cats out of the bag, we all know what happens..

[edit on 4-8-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I know what your original point was ed, sorry for being facetious. All I am trying to say is that at the lowest common denominator....they ARE the same. The rest are just insignifigant details.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Let me try to understand the turdblossom logic. It is better for the Christian God to kill me (when He returns, which could be tomorrow), and have me burn in Hell for all eternity for not believing, that, that, is better than being killed by an Islamic terrorist for not believing?

Either way, I am being killed for not believing. So much for the Christian 'religion of peace'. That's like asking me whether I'd like to be shot on the left or right side of the head. How about your God just leaving me alone if I don't believe?

Ah you will never die, you will see the 2nd death but its eternity alright, its just where you decide to spend it thats up for grabs..

But I would not kill anyone just because they were not Christian, it would defeat the purpose and the reason for being Christian in the first place.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
Christianity is no different from Islam in the fact that they are spin-off's of Judaism that have both been responsible for countless deaths throughout the centuries, that still continue to this day. All other points are moot, and insignifigant at least.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Let me try to understand the turdblossom logic. It is better for the Christian God to kill me (when He returns, which could be tomorrow), and have me burn in Hell for all eternity for not believing, that, that, is better than being killed by an Islamic terrorist for not believing?

Either way, I am being killed for not believing. So much for the Christian 'religion of peace'. That's like asking me whether I'd like to be shot on the left or right side of the head. How about your God just leaving me alone if I don't believe?

Here here. Normally I have my own words, but curme just says what needs to be said.
Curme for President!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

However, should radical Christians take such actions, they'd be treated how Muslims treat their radical bretheren. We'd have some very hard times in the US, many careers would be made and lost, and a general upheaval of society would occur. NOT because they're Christian or not, but because we'd have suicide bombers in our midst.

But of course the clear, undeniable difference is that Christians are NOT doing this - at least on anything close to the same scale.

You have MUSLIM terrorist bombs going off seemingly everyday, world wide. You have a Christian terrorist act maybe once a decade.

At what point does the religion assume part of the responsability?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
You have MUSLIM terrorist bombs going off seemingly everyday, world wide. You have a Christian terrorist act maybe once a decade.

At what point does the religion assume part of the responsability?

There are Christians dropping bombs on Muslims almost everyday.
Does the fact that it is sanctioned by the government make it better or worse?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

This discussion is about RELIGIONS, not nations.

And BTW, yes, what we are doing IS better. We do not purposely harm civillians. In fact, we are targetting only those that are doing precisely what I said before: bombing innocent people in the name of their God.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Christianity was once a violent religion. Remember Martin Luther? They have since then undergone a renaissance and changed. Islam has not. When will the mullahs, clerics, kings, caliphs wake up and realize they must do the same? No one migrates to the Islamic world to study, go to museums, retire, etc. They go there to bow before a rock or strike rich in oil contracts. A transformation must happen...soon.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrostyChristianity was once a violent religion. Remember Martin Luther? T

He was not a violent man at all, I think you have him confused with someone else....

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
"turdflowers" LOL you guys scare me.

as to topic related...
all religions are the same no matter what culture they are derived from, there is only one God and God is within us ALL.
Take that on Faith or call it delusional, its not my call as to what you think, thats your God given choice to make.

curme, someone had pointed out the eternity aspect, let me try to clarify the explanation a little...
At the time of the Second Coming, all His condemnation (should you survive Armageddon) will be swift and just, you reap what you have sewn.
Its hard to imagine a soul and becuase you can't find it, it naturally doesn't exist (to some anyway)
Does a rose have a scent? You can't touch it but you can smell it. Does water have temperature? You can't see it but you can feel it. Do fish breathe? (This one I'm not so sure about as I've never tried to resuscitate one LOL turdflowers to fish blowing ... see what you started?)
Do trees breathe? You can't see it, feel it, taste it, touch it, or smell it and yet science tells us that they breathe in CO2 and breathe out O2. There is more to life than what our limited 5 senses can convey.

Luckily, God did make us able to feel Him. Search your heart and you'd be surprised that He has been there all along... unless the devil (not a being, man gives evil substance) has swayed you against God. (He is real, an entity with no bounds and He knows our every thought, action, act of kindeness or malice, He knows everything. I pray that you find God someday.

I could go on and on here about the miracle of creation and yet I'll leave it at that. Believe or not, it's your choice, but one day you will KNOW.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
You say Potato, I say Allah....

Islam is a religion based around obedience to the entity known as God.

Christianity is a religion based around doing the will of the entity known as God.

Judaism is a religion based around traditional practices revolving around worship of the entity known as God.

ALL 3 RELIGIONS ARE BASED AROUND PEACE AND LOVE AND RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER AS WE WOULD TREAT GOD IN PERSON. Regardless of scriptual errors such as kill the infidels or don't eat pork, all 3 major religions preach a universal message of love for God.

Unfortunately the followers of all 3 religions, MAJORITY of followers, (even the fundamentalist minorities) are all in error when it comes to this issue of religion. To use the respective religions for any purpose other than worship of the God you pray to is to politicize that religion.

All 3 are guilty of this sin. All 3 have and will continue to pay for this error until they mutually destroy each other or God intervenes.

Anyone who calls themselves a Christian and fondles the idea of bombing and killing hundreds of thousands of Arabs, non-Christians, what have you is not a Christian but is evil. EVEN IF ITS IN SELF-DEFENSE or "supposed self-defense" as our Christian leaders point out today. Jesus said turn the other cheek, not turn the red key to launch an ICBM.

Anyone who calls themselves a follower of the teachings of Mohammed and uses that as an excuse to wage holy war, terrorism, or any other action other than properly respecting everyone in the world around them is evil.

Anyone who is a Jew and believes they are better than all the others and justifies this by warring with any and all who oppose this viewpoint is evil.

The point is religion is a beautiful thing that keeps us grounded in our daily life and offers a cornerstone of principles to build this world upon for my family, your family, every family on Earth and should not be used as political weapons of MASS DESTRUCTION and anyone doesn't agree with me needs to reexamine their humanity because it must be lacking this thing that all 3 religions consider sacred..... SOUL.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I was doing some research on suicide bombers to reply to another thread and found something very interesting. There are Christian suicide bombers. According to a study by Robert A. Pape, an associate professor of political science at the University of Chicago, 70% of the suicide bombers in the Lebanese civil war were Christians.

why_do_suicide_bombers_do_it?

Of the 384 attackers for whom Pape has data, who committed their deeds in such danger zones as Sri Lanka (where the decidedly non-fundamentalist, quasi-Marxist Tamil Tigers have used suicide attacks since 1987 in their fight for a Tamil homeland), Israel, Chechnya, Iraq, and New York, only 43 percent came from religiously affiliated groups. The balance, 57 percent, came from secular groups. Strikingly, during the Lebanese civil war, he says, some 70 percent of suicide attackers were Christians (though members of secular groups).

[edit on 5-8-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Now, stay with me a minute....

IF on Sunday all the Churches in the World said that the way to heaven is to kill as many Moslem's as you can and your reward will come in the afterlife.

This is a pretty damn falwed comparison I hope you realise, because Moscs (damn I know i've spelt that incorrectly) that Islamic people go to, do not tell them that the way to heaven is to kill as many Christians or Jews as you can..

If Christians started strapping bombs on themselves and went unto Muslim gatherings and started taking out people just because they are Muslims?

You do realise there is such a thing as Christian extreemists aswell?

You also said that it wouldn't happen because Christianity and Judaism etc all condome taking lives etc.

Taking your own life, under islamic law and religion is THE GREATEST SIN POSSIBLE.

There are plenty of Christian and Jewish people in prison for doing horrible, horrible things just as there are Musilum people and many many other religions. This is humanity's problem, not islams.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

This discussion is about RELIGIONS, not nations.

And BTW, yes, what we are doing IS better. We do not purposely harm civillians. In fact, we are targetting only those that are doing precisely what I said before: bombing innocent people in the name of their God.

Ha! If you honestly beleive that you are very, very dilusional indeed. Obviously you have not bothered to take a look at the statistics of Innocent people that have been killed in Iraq by US soldiers Vs the number of Insurgence killed by US Soldiers. Then when you put these figures against the number of Innocent civillians killed by Insurgence it is clear who poses the greater threat.

25,000 innocent people+ killed by military intervention.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RebelSaint

ALL 3 RELIGIONS ARE BASED AROUND PEACE AND LOVE AND RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER AS WE WOULD TREAT GOD IN PERSON. Regardless of scriptual errors such as kill the infidels or don't eat pork, all 3 major religions preach a universal message of love for God.

Unfortunately the followers of all 3 religions, MAJORITY of followers, (even the fundamentalist minorities) are all in error when it comes to this issue of religion. To use the respective religions for any purpose other than worship of the God you pray to is to politicize that religion.

All 3 are guilty of this sin. All 3 have and will continue to pay for this error until they mutually destroy each other or God intervenes.

The point is religion is a beautiful thing that keeps us grounded in our daily life and offers a cornerstone of principles to build this world upon for my family, your family, every family on Earth and should not be used as political weapons of MASS DESTRUCTION and anyone doesn't agree with me needs to reexamine their humanity because it must be lacking this thing that all 3 religions consider sacred..... SOUL.

You said it better than I could. When people commit crimes in the name of religion, religion has very little to do with it. Evil always looks for an excuse.

You have voted RebelSaint for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Interesting post. I would suspect the same thing would be happening regardless of who was carrying out the events. It is unfortunate that a minority of extremists from every aspect in life (religious, gov't etc) can have such power over the majority.

I would also propose that if you just excluded the religious element all together that nothing much would change. Humans tend to want to harm and conquer and religion is just one of many agendas they will hide behind to accomplish that.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

he says, some 70 percent of suicide attackers were Christians (though members of secular groups).

Interesting indeed AOB, but notice the secular adjective....makes a difference.

Originally posted by ekul08

You do realise there is such a thing as Christian extreemists aswell?

Taking your own life, under islamic law and religion is THE GREATEST SIN POSSIBLE..

Oh yeah there are Christian extremist, no doubt and Christianity herself immediately condemns what they do, the MAJORITY does. Yet Islam remains silent for the most part - except for a very few...

So after one commits the greatest sin possible, they get 70 virgins in paradise?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join