It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if - Christianity was no different than Islam?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Now, stay with me a minute....

IF on Sunday all the Churches in the World said that the way to heaven is to kill as many Moslem's as you can and your reward will come in the afterlife.

If Christians started strapping bombs on themselves and went unto Muslim gatherings and started taking out people just because they are Muslims?

What if the Jews started doing the same thing?

Well as most of us know, that is directly contradictory to both Christianity and Judaism....so it cant happen........or can it?

I wonder what the Tulipwalkers would be crying about then? Would they be using the press to condemn Christianity? Oops, they already are but not for that reason.

There folks is a big difference between Judeo-Christian thought and that of Islam.

If Islam is so peaceful, then why the silence? I hear of many many Muslims that are speaking out, but I never see them. Are they scared? Or are they secretly supportive of these tactics?

Please discuss what you think the ramifications would be if Christians just started randomly killing Moslem's because they were.....well Muslims.

(Note) This is only hypothetical but it should bring some interesting viewpoints, especially from our Muslim members. I am curious as to the reply.

Well I guess its has started........damn.

Israeli Terrorist Kills 3 In Bus Shooting
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-8-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

IF on Sunday all the Churches in the World said that the way to heaven is to kill as many Moslem's as you can and your reward will come in the afterlife.

If Christians started strapping bombs on themselves and went unto Muslim gatherings and started taking out people just because they are Muslims?

What if the Jews started doing the same thing?

I don't think anyone has said that a Muslims way to heaven is to kill as many Christians or Jews as they can. Martydom is about defending their homeland and other Muslims from invading forces, if I recall correctly.

The incident that you linked to at the bottom of your post, in which an Isreali Jew killed four Arab Christians, was not acting on the belief that he would get into heaven by killing as many Christians as possible. He was acting, wrongfully, out of anger at the Jews being evacuated from Gaza.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Not to knock y'r thread but...what about the Christian guys in the US that blew the hospital up with a pickup truck. (Oaklahoma?) and the Olypic Bomber.

But for someone to "STRAP" a bomb (or to create evil acts) one must be pushed into it ....in the sence that the person has been hurt or seen people being hurt by others and attackes back for revenge (in most cases)......that's how I see it more....not to say many have done it without but usually they are "retarded" or "drug addicts" or something. Look at Bin Laden how he witnessed the killing of many inocent killings in his life (from what I've read)....all I know is all religions say we should "forgive" and only if we all could do more of that....and have faith....and trust y'r heart...and go to help everyone...even y'r foes'....just remember everyone no matter what religion you are.....we all got some kind'a jugdement after this life.

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven
_od bless to all....and my foes 2

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I don't think anyone has said that a Muslims way to heaven is to kill as many Christians or Jews as they can.

No, i dont know what world your living in but they believe that killing as many 'infidels' guarantees a ticket into heaven. It has nothing to do with 'defense of their homeland' because they were doing these things years before iraq or afghanistan so your argument is flawd.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Oklahoma was not based on 'religion' it was done because the bomber believed, right wrong or indeffierent, that the federal government overstepped their authority at Waco and ruby ridge. it had nothing to do with christianity, some of you people got some screwed up ideas about who the enemy is.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
No, i dont know what world your living in but they believe that killing as many 'infidels' guarantees a ticket into heaven. It has nothing to do with 'defense of their homeland' because they were doing these things years before iraq or afghanistan so your argument is flawd.

When did the majority of martydom operations take place?
They were against the Soviets in Afghanistan, the US bases in Lebanon and Saudi Arabia, the Israelis in Lebanon and what used to be Palestine and now they are against US and coalition forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.

These attacks are almost exclusively in resonse to occupations or acts of war.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What if... Christians actually believed that conquering land and subjugating natives was God's divine will?

What if... Christians actually used their religion as an excuse to acheive poltical ends?

What if... Christians killed their neighbours they had a grudge against, claiming it was because they were ungodly witches?

What if... Christians blamed 9/11 on all the immoral people who hadn't accepted Jesus into their lives?

What if... The Bible had about a thousand passages advocating violence or vengeance of some sort?

What if... people were actually stupid enough to believe that the above "Christians" represented the true spirit of Christianity?

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
was just trying........t'a say.....it's easy to exploite a hurt person.

and man likes also to exploit.....no MATTER what religion it is....just MORE hurt people over there.

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
When did the majority of martydom operations take place?
They were against the Soviets in Afghanistan, the US bases in Lebanon and Saudi Arabia, the Israelis in Lebanon and what used to be Palestine and now they are against US and coalition forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.

These attacks are almost exclusively in resonse to occupations or acts of war.

If thats true why do some bombers attack civilians?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
If thats true why do some bombers attack civilians?

There have been some attacks against civilians but the majority are against military targets.

Here's a list of attacks in Iraq, from the Brookings Institute:

www.brookings.edu...

Most attacks in Israel are also against members of the IDF, not civilians.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well, I must say that would be interesting. However, us Christians know we are right, as long as we practice the scriptures correctly. Which is simply loving everyone and being totally understanding to everyone. God does the judging here, not us. That is how we know we are right, we are right through love. Anyways, I am done showing off my arrogance.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'll one up you.

What if a nation state (let's say the US) made it's official policy to destroy another nation state, much like Iran has done with Isreal.

Me thinks the 'tulipwalkers' (my I am coming to love that term
) would lash out at said country. Of course, if a Muslim country does it, it's OK though.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

The incident that you linked to at the bottom of your post, in which an Isreali Jew killed four Arab Christians, was not acting on the belief that he would get into heaven by killing as many Christians as possible. He was acting, wrongfully, out of anger at the Jews being evacuated from Gaza.

And he killed? Arabs.

No he was not promised eternal life to kill them but his anger at the Palestinians and the caving to their demands was the trigger.

In no way should Isreal withdraw from anything, THEY were attacked, THEY won. Case closed.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
Well, I must say that would be interesting. However, us Christians know we are right, as long as we practice the scriptures correctly. Which is simply loving everyone and being totally understanding to everyone. God does the judging here, not us. That is how we know we are right, we are right through love. Anyways, I am done showing off my arrogance.

And sometimes God uses nations for that judging....see Babylon as an example.

PS Go Illini!

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I'll one up you.

What if a nation state (let's say the US) made it's official policy to destroy another nation state, much like Iran has done with Isreal.

Me thinks the 'tulipwalkers' (my I am coming to love that term
) would lash out at said country. Of course, if a Muslim country does it, it's OK though.

Very good point indeed.......hmmm. I think that would sure open some eyes if the US did such a thing. Of course them Tulipwalkers would scream bloody murder. They still fail to call a spade a spade. They fail to recognize Evil.

As for the Tulipwalkers, its a home grown ATS term........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What if we had states run by Christian and Jewish fundamentalists, lets call them the USA and Israel. Now these states regularly commit atrocitites against other people disguised as 'legitimate wars'. just because these states can afford military hardware and proper armies all of a sudden its legitimate? Terror is terror my friend, no matter who leads it, whether its a Crazy muslim who thinks the west must be destroyed, a dumb Texan who believes god told him to wage a crusade on the middle east, or fat Jew who feels that only his religion is allowed in 'The Holy Land'. If you terrorise people with bombs, planes, tanks, anything... your a terrorist... terrorism is terrorism...

So to answer you question Edsinger... I dont think there is a huge difference between FUNDAMENTALIST (i know you didnt mention this word, but its easy to be ignorant of the entire muslim religion when you probably have never met a muslim in your life) Christians, Muslims, and Jews.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
And he killed? Arabs.

No he was not promised eternal life to kill them but his anger at the Palestinians and the caving to their demands was the trigger.

In no way should Isreal withdraw from anything, THEY were attacked, THEY won. Case closed.

He killed Christian Arabs.
BTW, Israel attacked in 1967, not the Palestinians.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianXSo to answer you question Edsinger... I dont think there is a huge difference between FUNDAMENTALIST (i know you didnt mention this word, but its easy to be ignorant of the entire muslim religion when you probably have never met a muslim in your life) Christians, Muslims, and Jews.

Oh I have met them for sure and actually enjoyed talking with them about the history of their religion and the Book. But in the same token, they were not calling for my death just because I was of the Book. A true Muslim that was able to engage in serious debate.

But that is not what we are dealing with here now is it? As expected though the replies of some led right where I knew they would. That the US and Israel is behind terrorism.

Lets just be damn honest for a second. The UN established the State of Israel and from that moment on the Arabs have been trying to destroy her. What they cant do on the battlefield they do as cowards and kill civilian targets.

Has Israel ever done some pretty *bad things? of course what nation hasn't.

But when you get right down to it, the tactics of the PLO speak for themselves and the hate that they teach.

Yeah the US has been killing so many people the last 50 years, and you know what? Your right, and we do it under our own legal system through the killing of the unborn.

Bleeding heart liberals will never understand.......

He killed Christian Arabs.
BTW, Israel attacked in 1967, not the Palestinians.

Ok I guess he just didnt like the Christian Arabs then...

Oh yeah, like they had no reason? They had the Intel that it was comming and they attacked first......It was provoked.

*Profanity edit

[edit on 4-8-2005 by dbates]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Christianity is no different from Islam in the fact that they are spin-off's of Judaism that have both been responsible for countless deaths throughout the centuries, that still continue to this day. All other points are moot, and insignifigant at least.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
Christianity is no different from Islam in the fact that they are spin-off's of Judaism that have both been responsible for countless deaths throughout the centuries, that still continue to this day. All other points are moot, and insignifigant at least.

Just to make a quick point here,

man has been killing man long before Judaism, Christianity, or Islam...

For that matter, you can throw the eastern religions in that one also......

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Let me try to understand the turdblossom logic. It is better for the Christian God to kill me (when He returns, which could be tomorrow), and have me burn in Hell for all eternity for not believing, that, that, is better than being killed by an Islamic terrorist for not believing?

Either way, I am being killed for not believing. So much for the Christian 'religion of peace'. That's like asking me whether I'd like to be shot on the left or right side of the head. How about your God just leaving me alone if I don't believe?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join