It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's new president says Scrap all WMDs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
BH, have you ever done business with an Arab?

Im talking negociating a contract. Listen up: Last month I was finalizing an engineering proposal for a Saudi prince who is building a large commercial building in Los Angeles.

I finally met with the Prince's manager and right off the bat he said:

-Maximu§, we've heard great things about your company, but we have (2) other bids from other engineers that are 1/2 of your proposal.

-I gambled that he was LIEING, so I replied..."thats great news Mohammed......go ahead and use ether one of those bidders and I thank you for letting us bid on your project"....as I got up to leave, he got very uncomfortable and he said "lets not be hasty, perhaps we can work out a number"....and we did.

You see....he LIED. He did not have (2) other bids, but he just wanted to talk me down and I gambled and won the job, because he painted himself into a corner with his dirty Lies.

its not the 1st time Ive had an Arab lie right to my face with a smile and this Iranian President is no different. I just don't trust these people BH....specially when we're talking Nuclear weapons.

Maximu§

[edit on 053131p://444 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
That's ridiculous Maximus, that's business, happens all the time by all peoples.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
hell, I have done that before, I think that everyone does it. Maximus, I would almost expect you to deal with people like that everyday because of the dealings you do. Everyone on the planet is in search of a better deal, or a cheaper price - everybody.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Doh, double post

[edit on 053131p://444 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kamikazi
hell, I have done that before, I think that everyone does it. Maximus, I would almost expect you to deal with people like that everyday because of the dealings you do. Everyone on the planet is in search of a better deal, or a cheaper price - everybody.

Yeah, but not everyone LIES to do it.

Im not sure about you, but I detest Liars and as a Catholic, I still think Lieing is a Sin.

My point is Arabs have no problem LIEING right to your face with a smile...Hell, Im just a stinkin Infidel to them...so Im not worthy of the truth. Ive had this happen again and again when dealing with them. So why should we beleave this Iranian Jerk?

Is he any different from the LIAR who tried to pull a fast one on me?

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
My point is Arabs have no problem LIEING right to your face with a smile...Hell, Im just a stinkin Infidel to them...so Im not worthy of the truth. Ive had this happen again and again when dealing with them. So why should we beleave this Iranian Jerk?

Maximu§

This just skreams for a response. This guys a jerk, why?

He's a liar, why?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
that's true what you say, the lieing flat out to you part kinda sucks. You are right though, I didnt lie, I was in the process of trying to find a house, and 2 of them were cheaper, and the one I really like was a little more than the other, so I told the person I was dealing with that, and he came down in price on the one I liked in order to get me to rent from him.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Someone made a common-as-nails business ploy, and so all arabs are liars?
Sure, there has to be trust, but not when you negotiate a price! That tactic is the oldest ploy in the book.

When you go to the grocery store, and they advertise "cheapest products sold here!" and, surprise surprise, you can get them cheaper somewhere else, do you go and label the entire race of the store owners liars? Or only if they're arabs?

In my experience I've met arabs who are liars and I've met arabs who are decent, honest men, and in equal proportions to Catholics like myself.

One last thing.... Iranians AREN'T ARABS.

-koji K.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Someone once told me.....when you make a deal with someone always act that they will try to screw you....and when the project is finished and no one screwed no one
then you are happy with the outcome....otherwise when you don't do this...and someone does scame y'a...y'r not so hurt.

But LA you better hope y'r client does not read ATS (because if he does) he's prob. gon'a pull the job away from you (and just a note.....not that hard to get a couple other prices from other engineering co.....so you don't even know maybe he did get other prices...as the client you would be dumb not to) Maybe the others did have a lower price......with certain items as extra....not uncommon to underprice a project then fight for extras' later.

Plus if y'r such a Christain as you claim how can you hate someone so? And continue to do buzz' with a "Liar Arab" lol

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
koji, don't play word games with me cause your gonna lose.

(TAKE NOTES KIDS)

Lieing is NOT the way to do business in the construction field or any other business.....you have to say what you mean and mean what you say or your customers won't come back and your family will be eating outta the garbage can behind Shakeys.

The fact that this Saudi Punk lied to my face (even if it was a harmless lie) showed me that he was Dis-honest and could not be trusted. Its not the 1st time Ive had an Arab lie to my face when doing business and I wonder if their even capable of telling the truth?

I don't trust this Iranian President.....IMO he is no differant that the Saudi Liar I wrote about.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Maximu§

This just skreams for a response. This guys a jerk, why?

He's a liar, why?

Still unanswered.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Its not the 1st time Ive had an Arab lie to my face when doing business and I wonder if their even capable of telling the truth?

Oh I see…morality, honesty and integrity is determined by the race of the person not the character of the individual.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Y'r so Racist man...lighten up.....OMG you better hope the Prince don't read ATS or y'r family will be eating in the back of a fast food chain.

And if you say y'r in this "such" BIG deals with everyone .....then you would no that in the construction industry you "TRUST NO ONE MAN" and you should no taht ....don't take it so personlly man.

Y'r Canadain friend,
Sven

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
KL, lets just say I don't trust Muslims or Arabs to broker an honest deal.

Their track record gives me little confidence. I know there are exceptions, but for the most part..I do not trust them.

Would you trust what the Iranian President is saying?

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
OK, Maximus, I can understand this guy you did business with was dishonest with you, and you have every right to dislike him for that. But for God's sake, don't go and paint everyone from the same continent as being a liar.

Even the most extreme of racists wouldn't have made sense of your logic, in the way you are doing it, because there isn't even any sort of genetic connection between arabs and Iranians. You're just saying "a brown man lied to me, therefore all brown men are liars!"

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
LA_Maximus your comments don’t seem to be limited to one person so my trusting one person makes no difference in this case. Your statements are bigoted generalizations of an entire race of people based from your exposure and dealings with a few people.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Wow again....nice way t'a put it down on the keyboard...
(LA...umhm...I ment t'a say it like LizardKing said it )

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
koji_K, you may be right and I should not have used that tone with you.

I know Iranians are not quite the same as Saudi's, but their al Islamic, so I tend to bunch them into one little box. Does that make me a "raciest"? maybe it does.....I just dislike Liars.

Perhaps one day when your negociating a large contract with an Arab and they Lie to your face, you'll see my POV.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

koji, don't play word games with me cause your gonna lose.

(TAKE NOTES KIDS)

Lieing is NOT the way to do business in the construction field or any other business.....you have to say what you mean and mean what you say or your customers won't come back and your family will be eating outta the garbage can behind Shakeys.

The fact that this Saudi Punk lied to my face (even if it was a harmless lie) showed me that he was Dis-honest and could not be trusted. Its not the 1st time Ive had an Arab lie to my face when doing business and I wonder if their even capable of telling the truth?

I don't trust this Iranian President.....IMO he is no differant that the Saudi Liar I wrote about.

Maximu§

I have tried so hard so many times to even understand what angle you have. I really try to understand your side of the issue and to see your viewpoint, sadly I havn't succeeded. Such blanketing statements are of a biggoted mind, and I feel very sorry for you.
If you honestly think that misrepresenting a quote ins't a common business practice, then I thing you are in the wrong business. The way you cut Koji down says to me that you know nothing what you are talking about. Telling a sales rep that you received a lower bid somewhere else (whether you did or not) is very common - that is how business is done, all about the bottom line. So you called his bluff, so what? By that token, if one of your American clients were to do the same, would ALL americans be liars then??

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's suggestion has no backing and lacks validity. He is a puppet president, for the real voice and power of authority having any merit is the Supreme Leader of Iran, Ali Hoseini Khameni.

seekerof

<< 1    3 >>

join