It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's new president says Scrap all WMDs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Iran's New President

Iran's new President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad took office Wednesday with an appeal for an end to weapons of mass destruction and pledging to fight for justice and prosperity for Iranians.
"I will plead for the suppression of all weapons of mass destruction," Ahmadinejad said after taking office in a ceremony attended by government leaders and foreign ambassadors.

Ahmadinejad was elected mayor of Tehran in 2003. During his term, he improved traffic conditions and stabilized prices in the sprawling and polluted capital city, for which he earned a good reputation.

Due to his family background, Ahmadinejad leads a simple life. He often takes a home-made lunch to the office and lives in an ordinary apartment. Because of these populist habits, Ahmadinejad is enthusiastically supported by the country's lower classes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this guy sounds really pretty peaceful and concerned with his people. I know he's not crazy about the US, but in his position, I don't know how many people really would be.

So, tell me, what's wrong with this guy? Does he deserve a nuclear attack by us?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Will believe it when I see it.

I pray that this man is sincere, and I pray that the extremists do not kill him for his "appeasement". But we have heard these words before from the mid-east, and must regard them with much tripidation.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
When he talks about the ridding of WMD, he is talking about the whole world is he not?

I only ask that, because I am sure I read something about him saying such.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The Iranian President is not the Supreme Leader.

Basically he's saying to the West: "Give up your lead over us kthxbye."

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Aha! The smoking gun!

According to the new President...they DO have WMDs.

I knew it! I knew it!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Wondering if the comments here at ATS had something to do with this apparent about face, from Iran's new Prez.?

Dallas

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Aha! The smoking gun!

According to the new President...they DO have WMDs.

I knew it! I knew it!

You didn't read the article, or any of the articles about his speech.

He is saying no such thing, he intends pleading to the world for every country to destroy their WMDs.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

Wondering if the comments here at ATS had something to do with this apparent about face, from Iran's new Prez.?

Dallas

Yes, I am sure he reads ATS everyday.......

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
LOL:

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but this guy sounds really pretty peaceful and concerned with his people"

You for real? This man played a pivotal role in the 80's hostage crisis and was part of the whole revolution. He has been linked to political assassinations in Iran and abroad. Real peaceful.

He is one of the reasons for the relationship between the USA and Iran today. You know PRIOR to the revolution that this man was part of the USA had a great relationship with Iran, even sold them 70+ F14's? At the time that was UNHEARD of, we simply didn’t sell those.

You have taken the cake this time: Take a quote from a guy who is responsible for ruining the relationship between Iran and the USA 30 years ago, and some how turn that all the way around into a “USA wants to nuke Iran” thread and the man is peaceful. Man you are blind.

You may want to read up a bit on this man before making posts like this. Ill help you out a bit:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And those are just from these boards alone, go ahead and Google him.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
You didn't read the article, or any of the articles about his speech.

He is saying no such thing, he intends pleading to the world for every country to destroy their WMDs.

Three things...

1) That is not what your title says (misleading a bit IMO).

2) Yes, I did read the article.

3) My other post was humor and sarcasm. Sheesh!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
He is one of the reasons for the relationship between the USA and Iran today. You know PRIOR to the revolution that this man was part of the USA had a great relationship with Iran, even sold them 70+ F14's? At the time that was UNHEARD of, we simply didn’t sell those.

You really should read some more history skippy. That "relationship" as you like to put it, was nothing more than a puppet government paid for with US funds and accomplished by the CIA to help keep the entire cycle of conquer/rebuild/destroy, alive and well.

www.irvl.net...

link   
double post

[edit on 4-8-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Take a quote from a guy who is responsible for ruining the relationship between Iran and the USA 30 years ago, and some how turn that all the way around into a “USA wants to nuke Iran” thread and the man is peaceful. Man you are blind.

Skippy, were you beaten up as a child by a gang of Iranian mullahs?

So he's responsible for "Ruining the relationship" between Iran and the USA, eh? Have you read a single book on Iran's history? You might want to look up Mohammed Mossadegh and learn how popular he was and what happened to him.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I personally think this recent statement along with Irans decision to allow foreign journalist inside it's nuclear instillations, is a brilliant move on the Iranian Government's part.

They are not allowing themselves to be backed into a corner as easily as Iraq did. good for them

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
BH, my experiance with Arabs is that they are born liars.

You, as an Infidel are not worthy of being told the truth by a Muslim and they will do and say anything to get what they want. I know there are exceptions, but they are few.

I judge a man by his deeds and not his words and if you look at Irans deeds, you will see that I am right. Your a smart guy, look at what Iran would gain if all WMD were removed from the ME....it would leave Iran as the only country with nuclear weapons.

If Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is serious about his proposal.....than he should dis-mantle Irans Nuclear Program right now. That would be a DEED worthy of attention and serious debate.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

my experiance with Arabs is that they are born liars.

If you dont mind me asking, what experience makes you think that Arabs are born liars?

Where I live they are as honest as everyone else, are you just unlucky?

And regarding Ahmendinejad's statement it looks like hes trying to get the world to turn down the heat of Irans preparations to begin reprocessing fuel againt.

In other words its all bo**ocks.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
If you dont mind me asking, what experience makes you think that Arabs are born liars?

Ive worked with Pakistan muslims , Palestineans and several others who lied right to my face.

Be assured, I know what Im taking about. Why don't you watch the Arabs debate at the UN security council and you'll see my point.

Born Liars......its as if telling the truth is physically impossible to them.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
BH, my experiance with Arabs is that they are born liars.
Maximu§

Sorry, man. You've apparently had some bad experiences. I have had years of experience face-to-face with many Arabs, Iranians, Iraqis and Pakistanis to name just a few. I said this in another post, but I've eaten at their houses, met their families, talked about their religion and been friends with them. They've been in my home and I trust them completely. They are kind, soft-spoken, gentle people. In my experience...

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
I personally think this recent statement along with Irans decision to allow foreign journalist inside it's nuclear instillations, is a brilliant move on the Iranian Government's part.

They are not allowing themselves to be backed into a corner as easily as Iraq did. good for them

Totally agree! Brilliant! And I'm thankful. Now the Bushies are going to have to come up with something pretty convincing to garner support for their game plan.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Three things...

1) That is not what your title says (misleading a bit IMO).

2) Yes, I did read the article.

3) My other post was humor and sarcasm. Sheesh!

1) It isn't my title. Not my thread.

2) Good, good.

3) My apologies, I was hoping it was humour and sarcasm, thanks for the confirmation.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Kriz_4]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Honestly, who cares if they have WMD's, Hell in the US you can hardly go anywhere without being at least 100 miles from some kind of WMD. The US has about 1000 Active nuclear and chemical weapons aimed at the rest of the world, not to mention about another 1000 that have been stored in above/underground storages. The best thing about that, is that it would only take about 1/3 of that to destory the entire earth.

PS: Everyone besides the US itself, hates the US. That's the reason behind 1000 + WMD's over here, well that, and the fact that the US gov. are control and power freaks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join