It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog Suicide Bridge in Scotland

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
I have another theory.

The locals have been conducting experiments cross-breeding dogs with lemmings...an experiment that went horribly, horribly wrong.

I know who did it!!! it was... ... ...THE BUSH ADMIN!!!!

roflmfao

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Animals are not too far from us.
They all think, and have thoughts, as well as dreams.
They can all make desicions, and take action, so why is it so hard to accept the fact, that an animal is capable of making a decision like this?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
That is one strange story.

I think that maybe the dogs ear the sounds of whatever is at ground level as if they were at the same level as the side of the bridge, so they jump over the wall thinking that the other side is at the same level.

Something similar happens in the building where I live. The sounds from the street sound very close, if we are sitting in floor, because the sound gets reflected from the buildings in front and in the ceiling. If we are standing up the effect is lost.

In the site of the Overtoun Estate they say that the gardens were all “man made”, they are not a natural group of local plants, maybe that is something that may affect the dogs.

Another strange thing is that I only found American sites talking about this case.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Maybe they're trying to knock themselves out of the dog matrix (dogtrix)?

Running in fear from Agent Rex maybe?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
lol she said maybethe dogs saw some deer in the area and went to investagate
LOL dogs dont leap to their deaths to investagate .... lol

p.s. good post weird !_!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
for anyone who's interested in this and doesn't, like me, have a partner who will no doubt turn their nose up at watching a program about a spooky bridge

There is an hour long documentry on UK's channel five at 8.00pm called 'The Dog Suicide Bridge: Stranger Than Fiction ' about the overtoun bridge.

If anyone catches it, perhaps they can let me know how it was

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Just read this thread tonight - and by chance caught the end of the Channel 5 show. For those who questioned the idea of walking dogs over the bridge - the show closed with a sign saying that dogs should be keot on a leash whilst crossing. However as with all TV shows you have to question whether this was put up by the programme makers!! Shame I didnt catch anything but the very end but it did make me go WOW having just ead this for the first time tonight.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Oooh, too bad we don't really get the BBC here. I get BBC America, but that's all reruns of old crap like Antiques Roadshow, Cash in the Attic, etc. I would have liked to see that show!

[edit on 10/18/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Channel Five isnt BBC its just another of our terrestrial channels - interestingly though they launched a US themed version (showing CSI etc) on Monday on Sat. My guess would be that the programme will probably find its way onto discovery - I will check the production credits - its most likely Discovery or one on the US networks was involved in its making.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
So do we have any members living near this evil little doggie-killing bridge? Can some one go and take pics and maybe a compass or some type of measuring device? What would be needed to pick up a high-pitched noise that we can't hear?

Lets send ~~NERDLING~~ he lives in Scotland................

Hey Nerd???? you up for a challanging weekend project? Do you have a compass, and maybe some recording equipment??

( PLEASE do not take a dog with you....or at least leave it in the car)

[edit on 18-10-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
Channel Five isnt BBC its just another of our terrestrial channels - interestingly though they launched a US themed version (showing CSI etc) on Monday on Sat. My guess would be that the programme will probably find its way onto discovery - I will check the production credits - its most likely Discovery or one on the US networks was involved in its making.

Thanks for denying my ignorance

I guess it's just natural for Americans to think whatever British people watch is on the BBC

Anyway, I hope it shows up soon on Discovery...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
well a major " conclusion " of last nights teevee show was that the a paricularly strong " scent map " of wild mink in the valley , combined with the bridge walls blocking the dogs vision , triggered an insatiable curiosity reaction in certain animals

propmting them to attempt to investigate what lay beyond the bridge parapet

of course - its only when they got over the wall they discover that there is a 15m drop - OOOOPS

some other the scientific methedology was a little suspect , but on ballance a reasonable attempt .

one element they did focus on , and handle well was the statistical element -- yes > 40 dogs have plunged from the bridge - but that is over a 30 year + sampling period

and that path is a public right of way -- which is very well trodden . so thousands of dogs / year cross it without incident .

that does not make the loss of a pet who took the plunge any less painfull -- but it does put it in a perspective .

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Saw the program on Dog Suicide. Noticed that the bridge had castilations so maybe the dogs thought it was a stile. Wonder if any where in the grounds of the house is such a stile in a wall. May be the dogs thought they were not on the bridge.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lamagraa
lol she said maybethe dogs saw some deer in the area and went to investagate
LOL dogs dont leap to their deaths to investagate .... lol

ROFL best laugh all day

I think dog owners are throwing dogs off there and then saying the dog jumped by itself.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join