It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's MY Country!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I am absolutely hacked off - with my so called government, with my so called council, with the people around me but most of all, I'm hacked off with people coming to my country, installing an unwanted parliament and telling me what I have to do to change things for the better.

They sit in their ivory towers, thrusting their way of life down my throat and if I dare to complain, I am called a racist - in my own country!

By coming to this country, a country that has welcomed them with open arms and a country that they chose above all others, they signal to us the Great British people, that they are willing to accept our way of life.

I am sick and tired of wondering if we, the indiginous population of this once great country, have upset the immigrents or their culture.

We have just come through a terrorist attack and already we have some bleeding heart liberals screaming about the rights of those accused of the atrocities.

I am on record as saying that I personally, have nothing against those who wish to better their way of life by coming to this country. They have much to offer this country and we should welcome them to our once proud country.

What I am trying to say is that I believe that many who come to this country and a few that have indeed been born here - you need to understand something. As Britons, we have our own way of life, our own culture, our own history and our own religions and comedy. We even have our own language. It is ENGLISH! True it can be spoken with a broad Irish, Scottish or even a strong Welsh accent, but it is still English. In many jobs throughout the world, it is the chosen language,

If you want to become part of our once proud country, I have a little tip for you. Learn to speak our language!

Our religion is called Christianity and although we believe in the one God, our God has many, many faces - He may be a Catholic, He may be a Jesuit or an Anglican. He may even be a Jew, a Muslim or a Bhuddist. It matters not what we call our God because He is All things to All people.

Because of this, we have built our once proud country on Christian principles and I would say to those who clammer to come to our shores and live off the State:

We are a Christian country, we have Christian rituals, festivals and holidays. If this may offend you, then please, feel free not to come and settle in our once proud country;

If the sign of the Cross, on which our God died offends, then please, feel free and don't settle in our once proud country;

As I have said, we have our own culture and I for one, don't really care what it's like in your country because if it was so good, then why do you want to live here? If it is that good, then why not go home? What keeps you here?

You have chosen to come to this, my country. You have told the world that you want to live in my country and you want to bring up your children here. We did not chose you. You chose US!

And we have welcomed you to this, our sceptered Isle with open arms. We have welcomed you to this once proud country because we recognise that you have something to offer our society and our way of life. If you treat us decently, like fellow human beings and do not rant and rave at us, tell us what to do in our country, then we'll get on just fine and you'll be able to enjoy a way of life and a standard of living that is, in my opinion, second to none.

But to those of you who wish to impose your way of life on us, your religion on us, your customs and traditions on us and force
your rules and regulations on us and force our government to make laws that suit you and nobody else, then it is high time that you took
advantage of the very means of transport that brought to to our once proud country.

I have a simple message to you all. If you are so upset by our way of life, our culture and religion; If our laws upset or make you angry in any way; if you don't like the way we dress, or what we eat; if you take exception to what people say about you; if you are so desperately unhappy here - why not do what we'd like you to do? GO HOME AND STOP WHINGING AND COMPLAINING!

If you're not happy here tough! We didn't ask you to come here - you chose to come here. Now - make the best of it, or just bugger off and leave us alone!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
we have 10,000,000 mexicans you can have

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
OMG Fritz, you just opened the door for every leftist in the world to come through. Get ready to be blazened with name calling, and labeling.

I need to sit this one out.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This dear country of ours is not your country.

It is equally yours as it is mine. We are one and equal and with British citizenship we are only a tiny part in the grand scheme of things.

The accused have rights and Justice must be done properly. It is not enough to know they are guilty, it must be proven.

Because of this, we have built our once proud country on Christian principles and I would say to those who clammer to come to our shores and live off the State:

Thats a bit of a foolish statement. Modern Britain was born from the struggle of the lower classes who fought for their vote and for reform. Christianity barely entered into the equation. When a Member of Parliament takes their oath they do so to the Queen, not God.

I hate to break it to you... but every one of those nationalist immigrants is equally as important to you. Your birthplace gives you no right to spit a foul tirade of superiority at those who flee oppression and try to give their families better lives.

You my dear boy, just aren't British.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There may be an ocean between us, but I can see ideals are the same.

I often wonder why we have to change for the people coming here, why do I have to give up going to "Christmas" plays from school children? They are now called "Winter" plays.

Being "tolerant" apparantly only goes one way. I don't care if muslims, jews, etc. have their own holiday expressions, but apparantly christians have to be "tolerant" and not mention anything with Jesus, God, Virgin Mary, etc. in it.

It's getting old and sad.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think that this might be moved to Rant section soon...

fritz, are you talking to terrorists? Do you think they read this?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
"All your base are belong to us" - George W Bush

You go fritz!! I commend you for speaking up, dont listen to the haters who will flame you for it, they dont understand that you can be proud AND welcome people to your country. They also dont undertsand that its ok NOT to welcome the people who mean harm, they call that racism because they are short thinkers (liberals)

[edit on 4-8-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You have just earned a vote from me for the Way Above Top Secret Award! Amen, brother and I couldn't agree with you more. I am offering you these kudos from across the pond in the US of A whre we are forced to suffer the same BS as you folks with our immigrants. It is high time that these people learn the term ASSIMILATION! That means that you need to find ways to fit into OUR society, not for our society to fit into the way that the immigrants would like it to be.

Now before any of you flaming liberals with your uber warped ideas want to start bashing me, let me make this clear... I am first generation American and I AM AN AMERICAN! My parents immigrated here and ASSIMILATED to this great country so that they and their family could enjoy a better way of life! They learned about the culture, the norms, the mores, and the values of the people of the USA and ambraced them. They did NOT set about to change the American way. Instead they welcomed and understood the privledge that such a great country offered them to practice their own traditions without condemnation and taught us, their children, to always respect that!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
According to the last Census the UK has a population is 58 million and 54 million of them are white, it works out at about 92.1% (according to the census)2.7% is muslim and 74% is Christian. The immigrants do not even make up 2%, heck the non-white population is about 7%.

So whats to fear? an overthrow of the British way of life? it isn't going to happen. Immigrants are now scared to come to the UK after we accidently shot one, plus the whole country wants tougher immigrantion laws and the Conservatives have basically gone back to their nationalists roots.

So again, whats to fear?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
As everything when it comes to patriotism people forget how their individual contries became what they are now. Most nation were built on blood, sacrifices, pain and the death of many.

In our patriotism we must never forget that is one earth and one race.

The human race.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
I am sick and tired of wondering if we, the indiginous population of this once great country, have upset the immigrents or their culture.

Are you Celtic? If not, then maybe you are not indigenous to the area.

The Celts were a group of peoples that occupied lands stretching from the British Isles to Gallatia. The Celts had many dealings with other cultures that bordered the lands occupied by these peoples, and even though there is no written record of the Celts stemming from their own documents, we can piece together a fair picture of them from archeological evidence as well as historical accounts from other cultures.

www.ibiblio.org...

And if you are indigenous (Celtic), then how much care did the British Empire give American Indians?

Both Gilbert's Newfoundland settlement and the Roanoke colony were short-lived, however, and had to be abandoned due to food shortages, severe weather, shipwrecks, and hostile encounters with indigenous tribes on the American continent

Let's see:
Canada's Eastern Provinces
The original colonies of the US
Many smaller islands in the Caribbean including Jamaica and Barbados (slavery was the basis of the economy).
South Africa
Australia
Hong Kong
India

There were the opium wars in which the British forced opium into China and went to war over it (twice).

At one time, it was a huge empire and how much care and consideration do you think your country gave to indigenous people in those place I named? Do you think they were allowed to keep their customs, language and Gods? For you to think that your country is innocent of all transgressions is a very narrow view.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Delete, I can't be bothered.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Sorry, just cracks me up coming from someone who lives in a country that has a very, very long history of colonization and conquest through use of force.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Funny, today everytime someone trying to stop illigals from coming to this country they be called all the way from racist to communist by their own country men!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
According to the last Census the UK has a population is 58 million and 54 million of them are white, it works out at about 92.1% (according to the census)2.7% is muslim and 74% is Christian. The immigrants do not even make up 2%, heck the non-white population is about 7%.

So whats to fear? an overthrow of the British way of life? it isn't going to happen. Immigrants are now scared to come to the UK after we accidently shot one, plus the whole country wants tougher immigrantion laws and the Conservatives have basically gone back to their nationalists roots.

So again, whats to fear?

You are kind of making his point. The OVERWHELMING, vast majority are clearly white British people, so why are laws and rules governing them are being changed to accommodate the tiniest fraction of the population? And I might add, a small portion of that tiny minority is causing the problems (terror) prompting the changes in the first place.

I agree with Fritz 100%. Its OK to welcome people to live in your country, but those people need to embrace their new home and adapt to it, not the other way around. You can remain proud of your heritage AND assimilate into a new one at the same time.

Why go to another place only to repel its culture? I would never consider making a long term move to another country without being able to communicate with the majority fluently and accept new customs. And I certainly would not impose my culture on them, you could bet I would leave LOOOOOONG before I decided I hated them enough to kill them.

Good Job Fritz

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

You have chosen to come to this, my country. You have told the world that you want to live in my country and you want to bring up your children here. We did not chose you. You chose US!

It's my country, too. In fact, my ancestors were one of the very first settlers to step foot on this continent, as they arrived here through the Jamestown settlement. I say you share.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
so why are laws and rules governing them are being changed to accommodate the tiniest fraction of the population?

What laws have been changed? Give me an example.

Also, why do "right wing" people always make posts that make them look like patriots and caring about their country, while at the same time acusing "other side" of being terrorist lovers based on NOTHING?

I have yet to see a labor/liberal leaning british citizen make a statement here that they LOVE terrorists or hate UK.

Just because someone does not post some babble wording everything in a kind of "yee-haw" cowboy badass-attidude way, doesn't mean they do not love their country.

You people deal with "facts" that simply DO NOT EXIST in real world, hence all discussions are meaningless.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Damned straight I'm not British, Nerdling - I'm ENGLISH - AND PROUD OF IT! Okay Nerd (OOOoooohhhhhh - that's got ta hurt!) so why does it start, "I swear by Almighty God" etc?

And just who says that immigrants coming here can have their own parliament. What is wrong with my government that lets whoever form their own parliament within my country which a duely elected government?

Paperclip - No I wouldn't dare - only 'cause somebody on these pages would call me a white, supremacist, non-PC Nazi which of course - I AM! LOL. Another thing mate, I'm so far to the right that I am almost left of central.

Deadmoggierules - unless they own TexMex (OOOooohhhhhh - that's racist - sorry!) then they can't come here.

Nathrag NO YOU DON'T! It's because we've sat too quietly in our little corners that this has happened.

What's to fear? I'll tell you friend Infinite. It's all this PC rubbish, it's all this ramming down my throat of 'yheir' rights whilst mine are slowly being eroded away.

Zed - my country was built on the blood sweat and tears of my ancesters, of 7 uncles who gave their lives for their country in 2 world wars, and OOOooohhh yes! On slavery. So friend Zed, I feel so ashamed of what this country has done in countless countries across the globe. But what we have done in the past, does not equate what is being done in the name of religion, oil and political interests.

It is the latest Labour lunacy of stopping comedians from telling religious jokes - because they might upset ethnic minorities. For God's sake, the Heaven and Earth Show last Sunday had a Gay Yank telling really bad religius gay jokes about the Catholic clergy and a muslim was telling jokes about suicide bombers. What's wrong with that? (By the way, they are both appearing at the Edinburugh Festival)

Another thing Paperclip. Is that really YOU in the help section for Windows XP?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
What's to fear? I'll tell you friend Infinite. It's all this PC rubbish, it's all this ramming down my throat of 'yheir' rights whilst mine are slowly being eroded away.

Zed - my country was built on the blood sweat and tears of my ancesters, of 7 uncles who gave their lives for their country in 2 world wars, and OOOooohhh yes! On slavery. So friend Zed, I feel so ashamed of what this country has done in countless countries across the globe. But what we have done in the past, does not equate what is being done in the name of religion, oil and political interests.

My point was that you claim people are trampling your customs and you rant about it, even though your country did the very same thing to others for hundreds of years.

The British took the "rights" of so many, right in their own country. Now it's happening at "home" and oh my, you're just so upset about it. When it was happening in other countries, you probably didn't give a crap.

Ps) I guess your not indigenous either.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The actual purpose of this thread and its connection to real factual life eludes me. Who are you talking to? Terrorists? All immigrants? What rights are being eroded? Have you been forced to pray in a mosque or something? Whats going on?

I am so confused right now....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join