It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minute Men! Bored rednecks or protectors of our borders?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
I'm not a cop, I don't fear "mexican justice", I have run across Mexican Mafia Cartel stooges...
They were left in unmarked graves as they deserve...
You want to live in Mexico? Go there, get out of the USA, cause you are really beginning to piss me off.

I never said I wanted to live in Mexico, settle down. I could care less if I pissed you off or not, as I was born in the US, so I feel no need to explain myself to you, as I am just as much as a citizen as you are.

The fact of the matter remains, if you were to encounter some police, from mexico, under the same circumstances as I did, you would probably be dead by now.

Minutemen or no!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Did somebody refer to the illegal immigrants as "Rodents”? I think we have just classified them. YESSSSSSSSSS!!! And I don’t think calling the minutemen White supremacists is fair. Well let me take that back....IF(I emphasize IF) they are white supremacists what better job would their be for them...They are being productive to our society instead of a Pain in the butt like in the past. Lets setup a fund to help pay for these guys...because if they are no good white trash like some of you believe then they will need some money to help protect our borders from the "Rodent infestation."

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
I cant believe that Souljah got through to a neocon.

That's amazing!!!

haha.....I can't stop laughing!!!

LA_Maximus...out of all people

This is one for the record books

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjf

Etc......

????

To my knowledge the Texas Minuteman are not planning to patrol Texas until October, this fall. I have a few

Ohh my, you must be right.. tee he he Ohh I'm caught.. because we all know that menbers of the INS boarder patol don't know how to use a phone or comunicate with their members in other states to let them know what to expect when their local MM groups start going out on their own.

Dolt.

Look, many of you don't seem to be getting this.. I think the idea behind the MM is exelent, becasue no, they authorities are painfully undermanned.

What I am saying is that there needs to be some cohesion with the MM groups to work with the boarder partol not outside of it.

Some MM are doing just that and yes I applaud them.. but they all need to.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
This is OUR country not theres, They can go to hell, instead of blaming the U.S and the MM for being mean and turning these people away and not wanting illegals here, how about you people Bitch to the Mexican government for runing a country so crappy people need to come to OUR ountry ilegaly to survive.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by C0le]

You know, unless you are a Native American, the only thing that makes it ours is that somewhere back in our lineage, someone took the risk and made the gruelling journey to come here, much like these Mexicans.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
I'm not a cop, I don't fear "mexican justice", I have run across Mexican Mafia Cartel stooges...
They were left in unmarked graves as they deserve...

Let me see if I got this right.

You are claiming (in Writing) to have killed some people and left them in un-marked graves?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Damn Amuk.. beat me to it...

Yeaaa Lobo!!!

cjf

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrBunny
Ohh my, you must be right.. tee he he Ohh I'm caught.. because we all know that menbers of the INS boarder patol don't know how to use a phone or comunicate with their members in other states to let them know what to expect when their local MM groups start going out on their own.

Dolt.

OK smart A.

I was providing information contrary to your statement about your phone calls, dates and information....not calling you out. I posted my information, not an ‘opinion’ or ‘privileged conversation’.

Perhaps providing concrete information to support your statements (rather than being so defensive) would be a good start, wait how can you?

An organized group is not ‘individuals acting on their own’, savvy? Labeling individual persons as a member of a known group without proving any association other than your ‘word’ is called what smart guy? Now, you are simply supporting a singular agenized statement and opinion from out of the small hole in your neck.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K

Im am partialy, but aside from that, That was then this is now. One could use the same argument for the indians thousands of years before, the fact is, this is now OUR country bound by OUR laws and OUR way of life, it doesnt matter how we got it, or where our ancestors came from, becauswe that was then and this is now.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by C0le]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Now this is going to sound very odd coming from a 'Raging Liberal'

But let's look at it logically:

If the American people don't stand up to defend themselves, then who will? I know that the Government won't. I for one support the ideal behind it. This is our country, and now it's time to take it back from the men we put in charge. If we have to start by forming local militia to defend ourselves, maybe we'll wake up and realize that it's not the outside world we've got to protect ourselves from, it's that we've got to protect the outside world from us. To do this, we need to un-hijack our country, and this is a step in the right direction.

cjf

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What I find most disheartening is how the US government has neglected its’ southern border problem for decades as well as all the problems the massive inflows of persons cause. The ‘cheap labor’ comes at an overall high price and I find it intriguing when people act as if other persons have a right to go to the US illegally. There is still a southern border in the US, right?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjf

OK smart A.

I was providing information contrary to your statement about your phone calls, dates and information....not calling you out. I posted my information, not an ‘opinion’ or ‘privileged conversation’.

Perhaps providing concrete information to support your statements (rather than being so defensive) would be a good start, wait how can you?

An organized group is not ‘individuals acting on their own’, savvy? Labeling individual persons as a member of a known group without proving any association other than your ‘word’ is called what smart guy? Now, you are simply supporting a singular agenized statement and opinion from out of the small hole in your neck.

Why yes.. I am a Smart A. I find that good sarcasm is a mark of a clever mind as well as somone who is not so serious that they can turn coal into a dimond if he shoved it into an unmentional orafic.. unlike some others on this board.

Ohh sure, no problem, I'll give Chuck a call and say, "Hey, need a favor, I need an official transcript of this conversation as a legitimate document of the problems you and your organization have been having with memebers of the MM so that we can settle a debate on the effectiveness on the MM groups. Then I will need it noterized for authenticity... thanks."

Ahh, but by stating informatin of dates that are contrary to my statements you call into question the ligitimacy of my statements by default. Or at least contraty to what you thought I was saying though I never said they were problems with the MM in Sout Texas Just that my friend works with that group, though I can see the conclusion and apologize if it was misleading.

"Savvy?" what? are you Cpn Jack Black now?

Oy' Mate, If they were an organized group then they woulden't have so many of their members runnin off to do their own thing now would they? If this organized group took the appropriate steps to work with the official enforcement agency then we wouldn't be having this discussion now would we? Now, ow'bout you actualy take a moment to get more than 2 brain cells firing at the same time and don't say anything.... Stupid.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Please forgive this, and I hope this question is met with friendliness, but I have to ask...

How does anyone define "their" country? Seems to me, they are all arbitrary lines drawn on maps that exist for a bit and then are removed, redrawn and repeated.

The US, rightly or wrongly, is made from immigrants(as is Canada), we are both better off for them. They allow a more diverse and colourful tapestry of life and while there are always growing pains this seems to smack of politicall fear mongering and racial seperation to me.

So tell me, what is the worry that others are trying to get the freedom you have? It isn't a zero sum game - by them having your freedom, doesn't take your freedom away. Why the vigiliantism?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The Minutemen are doing a job that the Border Patrol doesn't have the manpower to do. That is to protect our borders from any Mexicans or terrorists that try to cross our borders from Mexico. Yes, these minutemen do work along side the Border Patrol agents. This is the case in the Southwest because of the vast amount of desert that has to be covered. These people are not bored, rasict rednecks that you think they are. These minutemen are people that are tired of the lacksadaisial job that the government is doing to protect our southern borders.

BTW, NOT ALL rednecks, like me, are racist toward anybody.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
The Minutemen are doing a job that the Border Patrol doesn't have the manpower to do. That is to protect our borders from any Mexicans or terrorists that try to cross our borders from Mexico. Yes, these minutemen do work along side the Border Patrol agents. This is the case in the Southwest because of the vast amount of desert that has to be covered. These people are not bored, rasict rednecks that you think they are. These minutemen are people that are tired of the lacksadaisial job that the government is doing to protect our southern borders.

BTW, NOT ALL rednecks, like me, are racist toward anybody.

Protect against what? What do these Mexicans threaten you with?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Passer By

They broke our countires laws by coming into our country illegaly

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Please forgive this, and I hope this question is met with friendliness, but I have to ask...

How does anyone define "their" country? Seems to me, they are all arbitrary lines drawn on maps that exist for a bit and then are removed, redrawn and repeated.

The US, rightly or wrongly, is made from immigrants(as is Canada), we are both better off for them. They allow a more diverse and colourful tapestry of life and while there are always growing pains this seems to smack of politicall fear mongering and racial seperation to me.

So tell me, what is the worry that others are trying to get the freedom you have? It isn't a zero sum game - by them having your freedom, doesn't take your freedom away. Why the vigiliantism?

There are a number of problems with the illigal immigration.

The fact thatt hey are crossing woud suggest there is unchecked access to our country which is bad because of it beign such a security issue in these dark times. It is also a route of insergance for drugs.. never good.

Now as for the people themselfs, the work they are doing and getting paid (verry little) for is not taxed thus it is a drain on the US economy.

Then there are the safety issues for them since they are not protected by labor laws, example. When I lived in Arlington Tx a neighbor was having his roof done durring the Summer (think it was summer.. could have been late spring) the forman got them onto the roof and (no kidding) took away the ladder saying they can have water and get down when the roof was done.

So yes, there are legitimate resons to have the boarders closed.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

They broke our countires laws by coming into our country illegaly

So your argument is that they are doing everything that normal Americans do daily? Seems pretty weak to me my friend. Come on Cole, when was the last time you broke a law? J-Walked? Spit on a sidewalk? Maybe didn't pay your taxes fully?

If that is the only reason, then the minute man have more pressin issues in NY or DC than the meixan boarder.

But I suspect most know this. SO what is the real reason? Different looks? Different attitude? Different beleif system? It has to be something, and merely entering into a land against the wishes of the native populace is hardly a reason given the lands history.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrBunny

There are a number of problems with the illigal immigration.

The fact thatt hey are crossing woud suggest there is unchecked access to our country which is bad because of it beign such a security issue in these dark times. It is also a route of insergance for drugs.. never good.

Now as for the people themselfs, the work they are doing and getting paid (verry little) for is not taxed thus it is a drain on the US economy.

Then there are the safety issues for them since they are not protected by labor laws, example. When I lived in Arlington Tx a neighbor was having his roof done durring the Summer (think it was summer.. could have been late spring) the forman got them onto the roof and (no kidding) took away the ladder saying they can have water and get down when the roof was done.

So yes, there are legitimate resons to have the boarders closed.

OK, lets assume that you are not doing this "for them" or their rights or saftey issues. Red herring.

These dark times, are merely fear mongering or maybe you can show me where some disgrunteled Mexican did somethign grevious? I am not sure you can though. There is no real reason other than maybe - maybe saying that it lowers the overal wage paid and thus has a deterimental effect overall - but that is easy to deal with through litigation towards the companies that employ these people, and not by going after the people themself's.

In the end I still haven't heard a valid reason for this mexican threat. They are not terriorist, they are people looking to make a better life forthemself's - which is what your(and mine) countries were founded on.

Where is the mexican threat? Or could it be merely something to get people frieghtened and gain more control over them?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
If Americans want to protect their country they have to do it themselves.

Tax dollars = wasted dollars.

The ACLU [which i usually support] is on the wrong side of this along with Bush.

Thank You minutemen.
True American Patriots.
Not invading foreign nations that are not [or at least weren't] any threat to the US.

Waste 1/5th of a Trillion Dollars in Iraq, creating a terrorist breeding mess, but don't spend a couple of billion doing the most basic job of government, securing its borders.

Something is totally twisted and sick in Washington.

Washington is full of prostitutes for corporations. They want slave labor from south of the border.

Since most corporations are now headquartered [on paper] in the Cayman Islands and Bahamas for tax dodge purposes, how come they are not considered a foreign entity and barred from contributing to US political campaigns?
The Math on that doesn't even pass the smell test.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join