It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minute Men! Bored rednecks or protectors of our borders?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Are these volunteers protecting us form al-qiada smuggling in bombs and Mexican illegal aliens. Or are they just bored racist's rednecks?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If the Minute Men are indeed there to be extra eyes and ears for the border patrol, then I think their actions are noteworthy. After all, we have Neighborhood watch groups all over the U.S., in small towns and big. This is really nothing different, except that the neghboorhood is next to the U.S. / Mexico border, so one of the crimes the group is looking out for are people crossing the border illegally.

And I think it would be very naive of people to think that terrorists won't start walking across the border to get into the U.S. With security on planes very tight now, and security on trains headed in that direction, terrorists will start looking at other options.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
These guys are Hero's and I will continue to send my $50 monthly to them. Our government has stabbed them in the back by not supporting them and I now see the uS Government in a whole new light.

I expected the Liberals to attack them, because its their nature to attack all thats good in America, but to see the Bush Administartion ignore the open borders while attacking the Minute Men made me sick.

Im starting to beleave some of Souljahs "big corporation" theories.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
These individuals are taking very seriously their right to protect our national borders, in the absence of a government that will provide them the moral support they should have.

They are not by and large 'rednecks', but would not be troubled with that title in the least. I'm very proud of them.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I also think they are hero's.
LA_Maximus, do you have the info on sending money?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
I expected the Liberals to attack them, because its their nature to attack all thats good in America, but to see the Bush Administartion ignore the open borders while attacking the Minute Men made me sick.

Im starting to beleave some of Souljahs "big corporation" theories.

Maximu§

Yeah, kind of makes you think there's something much bigger going on behind the scenes. While I've let it be known before as to what category I put the Minute Men (
) in, I think it's really disturbing how the media has all but erased them from the public's mind by hardly mentioning them anymore. This tells me that the real powers that be don't want these guys around and in their control of the media have chosen the most inconspicuous way to go about it.

Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think their hearts are in the right place however they are causeing more harm then good.

Have a friend in the boarder patrol back home who has been telling me what a mess they are making and causing about 3 times the work.

Apparently the Minute men are not working in conjuntion with the boarder patrol and are often setting off silent sensors all allong the boarder. They are taking a very headstrong vigilanti approch to it and are actualy opening holes for people to get through when they trip so many alarms.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I cant believe that Souljah got through to a neocon.

That's amazing!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I also think they are hero's.
LA_Maximus, do you have the info on sending money?

www.minutemanhq.com...

There ya go. I could be putting this money into my IRA, but I would rather see it go to these Hero's. I wish I could send more.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Our government has stabbed them in the back by not supporting them and I now see the uS Government in a whole new light.

Maximu§

You're scaring me, man!
We're agreeing on stuff again.

I absulutely support citizens taking an active role in the protection of the country, especially when the government is so blatantly dropping the ball! I don't care what color their necks are, they seem to have my best interest at heart and I'm proud of them and grateful to them for sticking those red necks out for my safety.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Yes, I agree that more americans need to take an active role in the protection of our country. But the way they are doing it is wrong! If they want to help then they need proper training, not to drive up and down the boarder tripping alarms.

If somone was going out beating up people he thougth were drug dealers you would be screaming support. Yes!! what a great american!! Are you still going to support him when you find out that he has been jumping undercover cops? Or that he is causeing so much havoc with the police that the big time trafficers have an easy time of it because all the time wasted cleaning up after them?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Go Minutemen!!! At least they are doing something about issues instead of just talking about them. I say give them guns and let them pick off the little law breakers.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timcouchfanclub
Go Minutemen!!! At least they are doing something about issues instead of just talking about them. I say give them guns and let them pick off the little law breakers.

Thats right!! and going out causing more trouble letting more people across the boarder is a good thing!!!!!!

Ohhh BTW, they have guns... that has been annother worry of the real boarder patrol.

[edit on 8/4/2005 by MrBunny]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
At least MrBunny they are doing something! unlike the neocons in washington who suppose to be ultral-conservtive yet they are more liberal than liberals.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Minute Men! Bored rednecks or protectors of our borders?

Why can't they be both?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
At least MrBunny they are doing something! unlike the neocons in washington who suppose to be ultral-conservtive yet they are more liberals than liberals.

But thats just it... I am not saying that they should not be doing their part. What I am saying is that they are going about it the wrong way.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrBunny
But thats just it... I am not saying that they should not be doing their part. What I am saying is that they are going about it the wrong way.

What do you suppose they do? wine to the government till they do something? Sometimes we have to take matters into our own hands.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Actually, it was shown that the anti-minutemen people were tripping the sensors. The Minutemen are within binocular range of the border, not actually in the sensor range.

These people are taking the security of their families, cities, states, and our country into their own hands...because the BP cannot, and isn't allowed in many instances. As for making more work for the BP...well duh! If the BP was allowed to arrest, detain, jail, or deport all the criminals aliens coming across the border, they would. However, they can still make an arrest if a citizen complains...which is all the Minutemen are doing.

Thank you ACLU for screwing that up too.

Racist? Hardly, and the accusation is an ugly tactic by bleeding heart liberals. These people want to keep criminal aliens (yes, it is against the law to sneak into a foriegn country across a shared border) off their property (that has been destroyed or stolen on a constant basis), out of their counties, out of their states, and out of the country.

Now, before you say that "white people won't do these jobs", which is funny.....who did these jobs BEFORE all the illegals came over? I have no problem...

Let me repeat that for anyone that wants to spew their racist crap....

...with Green card aliens, or temporary visa aliens, coming across the border to do all"this work". They then would be....LEGAL ALIENS! Marvelous concept, that! Then we could tax them...just like the government does ANY other legal working person, and keep our schools/hospitals/medical centers/law enforcement funded to handle the influx.

Until then, HOOAH for the Minutemen. Keep up the great, yet thankless, work our government denies itself to do.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow

What do you suppose they do? wine to the government till they do something? Sometimes we have to take matters into our own hands.

No, you don't. Friend of mine in the Patrol in South Texas been telling me bout all the trouble they are causing.

What they need to do, is go to the boarder Patrol, volintier their time, get some training, and have a patrol represititive with each of them.

That way, the number of people patroling will increese, the Patrol man will be able to tell them how and where to avoid the silent alarms, and any violations of the MM can be held accountable by the Patrol officer who is in charge of each group.

But no.. they don't want to do it that way.. they think they can just drive up and down the boarder playing cops and robbers.

There is a right way to do this, but the MM are not willing to take the effort and time to do it correctly.

*EDIT*
Correction.. some of the MM are working with the local patrol and that is going well. But there are still a number of them that are not. They are driving closer than they are supposed to be.

[edit on 8/4/2005 by MrBunny]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The Minutemen are some bored suburbanites reliving their childhood, and basically playing cowboys and indians, but with real guns this time. They have truly opened up a can of worms that they can not even possibly fathom. They better hope that the government hurries up and saves their arse' before they end up on the wrong side of a bullet.

The myth that people just run through the desert is so asenine it just goes to show how little people do know about illegal immigration. Of course it happens, but for the most part smuggling anything is an operation. You think there are just millions of mexicans running through the desert to get here?

Routes are established, guards paid off, etc, etc. Alot of smuggling is conducted by the Cartels, and the Mexican mafia intertwining with drug, and weapons shipments. Camping out in the desert is going to do nothing to curb illegal imigration anyone who thinks so is sadly mistaken. Inside I laugh to think of the day those poor fools come across a cartels shipment (people or drugs)

Anyone here familiar with "mexican justice"? Something to think about-The cops fear the cartels there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join