It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Researchers Claim to Have Solved Mystery of Crop Circles

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Ok, say they are made by humans......where are the photos of half finished ones, ones that were interrupted by weather, sunrise, sickness, etc. Humans are fallible, there should be some that turned out wrong, where measurements didn't match up, disagreements broke out ......something, right?

I worked for years as the layout artist for billboards measuring 40 to 60 ft long....there were often mistakes where revisions were needed mid-project. And that was in a faily controlled environment, ( many painted indoors and then transfered in sections), with the pattern often transfered with a projector, and days given to complete.

....not saying aliens made them, just wondering......

Great post frayed1!! I'm giving you one of my way aboves for thinking outside the box.

You have voted frayed1 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

In all the threads I've read regarding crop circles I don't think I've ever seen anyone bring up the point of "where are the photos of half finished ones, ones that were interrupted by weather, sunrise, sickness, etc. ". This makes me wonder since we don't see them, why not produce them in order to help further debunk the paranormal nature of crop circles?

Peace

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
Nah, research would more something along the lines of like conducting an experiment.

Here is a thought. Take any one of the very fine pictures just above...

For...goodness...sake...other people have...and they have documented it...on circlemakers.org...! If you bothered to look there you would see that people can make these, they admint to it. Don't you see? I do not need to go out in a field and make these to prove it...other people have already confessed to it. More than that, they have showed how they have/do make these.

Take your working theory of 'Humans can make these things. I saw a show in which people went out and built an amazing pattern during the night. '...

It's not a "working theory" it's a fact...Humans...they...can...make...these...things.

I feel the need to type nice and slowly in this one case.

It isn't a matter of debate. The facts:

1) Humans can,have and continue to make these and there is proof. Proof like videos of them making these.

2) There is little to no evidence that aliens have created these. There are no videos of ETs walking around in crops making them...

What is the most logical conclusion?

Originally posted by Frosty
"My puny brain cannot comprehend the artistic and mathematic skills others posess, so they must be alien crop circles." Humbug, because you cannot do it does not mean it cannot be done by another individual. How many of you here think you could duplicate the results of Enrico Fermi? I know I cannot, but that doesn't mean I think aliens did his work for him.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by shorty]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
That's just great news, Shorty!

Which of those beautiful insanely complex crop circles did they create and where is the video/clip/etc of these masters in action?

I'm SO excited... This is going to be great!

Url please?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
That's just great news, Shorty!

Which of those beautiful insanely complex crop circles did they create and where is the video/clip/etc of these masters in action?

I'm SO excited... This is going to be great!

Url please?

*smashes head against keyboard*

hdsnir

Look yourself...circlemakers.org...

I also don't remember claiming videos were on the net (although, they probably are)...I said there are videos of people making these.

Why don't you actually bother to look!?

I already know that these things can be created by men, it is you who does not, why not try and learn?

And...just out of interest...HOW MANY times have we been over this...from this point I really cannot be bothered to argue with you. I have linked you to a site, use it or don't.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I've already been to CirclePoseurs.Org
Maybe that is the reason I'm asking you for further specificity. As a supporter of their viewpoint, I would love to see your best case.

Let's put it an entirely different way...

Share with us a picture/url of the most complicated crop circle these guys have made... One they can actually provide video/supporting footage of their efforts in action.

See, working together we can actually solve this thing once and for all... right?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This is a pretty intricate/complicated one

circlemakers.org...

These look pretty involved as well

circlemakers.org...

I don't see why it would be that hard to do one with GPS a good set of plans and a group of people that work as a team.

Or maybe someone has built a GPS guided computer controlled cropbot auto stomper 2000

link   

link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Ok, say they are made by humans......where are the photos of half finished ones, ones that were interrupted by weather, sunrise, sickness, etc. Humans are fallible, there should be some that turned out wrong, where measurements didn't match up, disagreements broke out ......something, right?

I worked for years as the layout artist for billboards measuring 40 to 60 ft long....there were often mistakes where revisions were needed mid-project. And that was in a faily controlled environment, ( many painted indoors and then transfered in sections), with the pattern often transfered with a projector, and days given to complete.

....not saying aliens made them, just wondering......

I'm guessing that weather won't have much of an effect on people with boards with rope through them.

The lack of videos I guess would derive from the fact that some people usually don't videotape themselves while commiting crimes.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I see a bunch of high-energy guys (and gals?) given this circlemakers.org thing their very best effort...

But it is just NOT measuring up to the quality stuff served up elsewhere.

They get a passing grade for effort, but a failing one in their deliverables.

I see a lot of irregular jogs in their circles, the lack of the characteristic weave and the photos always seem to be framed in such a way as to minimize the conflicting visual flaws.

If you compare these shots (and the others offered at circlemakers.org, such as under the Exhibit A caption), they come up as primitive when compared to the photos served up (hopefully not photoshoped, just a few posts up).

So from my perspective, the circlemakers.org guys are making statements, they just can't back up...

The only thing they have exposed is themselves as poseurs.

Now being an open-minded kind of guy, I can easily be convinced of exactly the opposite... IF they can reproduce/create something just absolutely mind-blowing and bring along their supporting documentation.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by golemina]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty

I'm guessing that weather won't have much of an effect on people with boards with rope through them.

The lack of videos I guess would derive from the fact that some people usually don't videotape themselves while commiting crimes.

If a good lightning storm wouldn't run them out of an flat open field where they would be the highest point...ie a lightning rod.....shouldn't there be reports of dead circle makers found in half finished circles?

As the lack of videos of the 'perps commiting the crime' ......that's not what I asked about ( though I have seen videos of some circle makers in the process of showing how it could be done by people.).....I wondered about photos of unfinished or goofed up circles, due to error or interruptions.

( Oh, and thanks Dr.Love ! That was my first! )

[edit on 10-8-2005 by frayed1]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join