It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Researchers Claim to Have Solved Mystery of Crop Circles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Remember, there is a limit on how complex a human can make a crop circle, because the more complex it is, the longer it would take. Some of those look like they would take more than a night, and if that is so, then you would have many incomplete crop circles or many people getting caught. If it was a group of people, then there would probobly be more mistakes, because there are more people, which would make a higher chance of a mistake.

And those crop circles definately dont look natural.

So in conclusion I think some of them are done by people, but many of the unexplainable ones are done most likely by aliens.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Indeeed, but smart arses dont agree! Just because they have the choice not to!

Those dudes who 'found flaws' in my writing, well done, well very done. Im not really a scientist, and im sure you are so well done

This forum is full of geniouses.

...about the flying saucers that have been made, surely the 'physical evidence finders' such as yourself would think twice about saying something like that, unless a man made flying saucer has bumped you in the arse, probly to remove your head from the place, and asked if you want a lift from this hi tech taxi, im sure you cant say that they exist.
But if you believe they exist, ive got no right to disprove your belief...right?

Im sure they do, but im also sure that the things you believe in have more of a chance than existing than my beliefs..why do i say this? Becuase im a sarcastic little boy!

Well done again..

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Shorty: 'Calm down! '

I'm sorry was I laughing too loudly for you?

Shorty: 'Humans can make these things. I saw a show in which people went out and built an amazing pattern during the night. '

(take all the time you need, get all the like-minded persons/friends you need...)

It's NOT that hard a concept, big guy...

Prove it.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I don't think it would be too hard to fake a circle design, whether simplistic or complicated. But it would be hard for them to duplicate the electro-magnetic disturbance that usually is associated with the real circles.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I just want to throw my crop bot idea out there again. Just think about it, some robotics geeks build a GPS guided computer controlled robot that they could program and drop off in the field and let it work non stop thru the night. It would be nearly impossible to see in the middle of a crop field being much shorter than the crops.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by warpboost]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I do not intend to spoon feed you information...Maybe you should use the wonderous tool that is google. It will confirm, when used correctly (hit enter
), that there are man made "flying saucers". It is quite common knowledge that the US airforce and probably others experimented with saucer designs.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
Shorty: 'Calm down! '

I'm sorry was I laughing too loudly for you?

Shorty: 'Humans can make these things. I saw a show in which people went out and built an amazing pattern during the night. '

(take all the time you need, get all the like-minded persons/friends you need...)

It's NOT that hard a concept, big guy...

Prove it.

Perhaps if you put half as much effort into trying to be funny as you did into researching you wouldn't need me to "proove it".

Right, first off, how would you like me to prove it?

Second, it's already proven...People have admitted to walking around in fields and doing these things. Why can't you just accept this!? It's clear and plain.

You may like to read...although..you probably won't...may like to read this. CircleMakers.org

[edit on 5-8-2005 by shorty]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
I do not intend to spoon feed you information...Maybe you should use the wonderous tool that is google. It will confirm, when used correctly (hit enter
), that there are man made "flying saucers". It is quite common knowledge that the US airforce and probably others experimented with saucer designs.

Here ya go Woodsboy...I'll take about 30 seconds out of my day and give you a plethora (large amount) of military saucer info

www.answers.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.defensetech.org...

And my favorite: www.creationenfaience.com...

Now you can never say you've seen a military saucer (cup included)

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Thank you mpeak...you're stopping me form going insane!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Thank you mpeak...you're stopping me from going insane!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Someone mentionned videos of crop circles forming and complex geometric patterns emerging. Does anyone have a link to that?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Someone mentionned videos of crop circles forming and complex geometric patterns emerging. Does anyone have a link to that?

Found one link, not the show I saw but shows the orbs and circles appearing from nowhere.
Have a look
Found another(very shakey) the orb is speeding away from a circle
Crop Circle2

[edit on 5-8-2005 by GreatAncientWhiteDragon]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The earliest crop circle in recorded history, a 17th Century woodcut called the mowing devil is an image depicting a strange creature forming a circle in a field of corn. The legend suggests that the farmer, disgusted at the rate which his usual mower was demanding for his work, insisted that he would rather have the devil do it himself.

Not a modern day myth. The idea of a guys walking out in the dead of night with a tape measurment and plank of wood can create designs such as these. Completely ridiculous

Notice the size of the people in the photo. The design is far to massive to be done by simply pencil and paper. You would need extensive time, air activity, deep pre-planning, team of crop artist, and farmers permission.

Not only are the crops mashed down lightly, but many claims have been found to have no seeds. Electromagnetic waves have been unusally high in these cirlces, males also tend to get excited.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 5-8-2005 by evanfitz]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
"My puny brain cannot comprehend the artistic and mathematic skills others posess, so they must be alien crop circles." Humbug, because you cannot do it does not mean it cannot be done by another individual. How many of you here think you could duplicate the results of Enrico Fermi? I know I cannot, but that doesn't mean I think aliens did his work for him.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I don't know what they are, but I do know that nature can create complex designs.

How many could imagine what a snowflake looked like before we knew the science behind it?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
You are comparing something on a micro scale to something on a macro scale. So far, nature has yet to produce anything quite as artistic as a snowflake on the scale of a corn field.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Nah. It's really not that subtle a thing Shorty.

It's a lot more along the lines of... You know... laughing at/with.

You want me to spend more time 'researching'?

I don't know what to say Shorty... What? Like going to CircleMakers.Org or typing magic keywords into Google?

You DO understand that all Google does is index text parked somewhere on a server, right? Parroting someone elses thoughts is not 'researching'.

Nah, research would more something along the lines of like conducting an experiment.

Here is a thought. Take any one of the very fine pictures just above...

Take your working theory of 'Humans can make these things. I saw a show in which people went out and built an amazing pattern during the night. '...

then add in...

'take all the time you need, get all the like-minded persons/friends you need...'

and 'Prove it'.

'It's NOT that hard a concept, big guy... '

I'm getting this sense of deja vu all over again.

Do you get it my fellow ATSmate, Shorty?

(Sorry... I'm just having a good time!
)

BTW, great input with the snowflakes, Curme.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by golemina]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
I don't know what they are, but I do know that nature can create complex designs.

How many could imagine what a snowflake looked like before we knew the science behind it?

Thats all nice and true.....but this one doesnt look like a snowflake at all

still no plausable explanation...the one idea that says we should just look at them becouse they work on the subconcious level (whatever it is theyre doing) doesnt sound that stupid

I stopped guessing whos making them long time ago anyway

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZengZicong
How the hell are they going to tell us that lightening or a bunch of kids in the middle of the night with a rope and a board form something as complex as this: crop circle pics
more crop circle pics

[edit on 4-8-2005 by ZengZicong]

[edit on 4-8-2005 by ZengZicong]

I saw a program in history channel or discovery dont remember well, but i remember lilke 3 of those where made at night by a group of guys with boards. They say its there form of art, like grafiti. And they do it for people like you. That believe its aliens. I remeber that somebody anounce the program here in ats. And was only about crop circles. In the last part a man says that people that still believe those where alien made should get a life.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Ok, say they are made by humans......where are the photos of half finished ones, ones that were interrupted by weather, sunrise, sickness, etc. Humans are fallible, there should be some that turned out wrong, where measurements didn't match up, disagreements broke out ......something, right?

I worked for years as the layout artist for billboards measuring 40 to 60 ft long....there were often mistakes where revisions were needed mid-project. And that was in a faily controlled environment, ( many painted indoors and then transfered in sections), with the pattern often transfered with a projector, and days given to complete.

....not saying aliens made them, just wondering......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join