It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Researchers Claim to Have Solved Mystery of Crop Circles

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

A group of researchers in Russia claim they have solved the mystery of crop circles, the Komsomolskaya Pravda daily reports. According to them, plants bend as a result of microwave emissions caused by lightning strikes.

Thought I would post this for you all to read, it may explain some circles.

“Two young workers and I were testing high-voltage hardware. The cable that we used to supply the current was hanging 10 meters above the ground when suddenly it discharged an artificial lightning strike on to the lawn below. And the grass bent in even clockwise circles,” the researcher said. He added that they conducted several experiments and got crop circles of about 5 meters in diameter.

Another argument backing up this theory is the fact that real crop circles are often accompanied by so called lichtenberg figures — narrow strips of bent grass, usually left by a lightning strike.

Source: www.mosnews.com...

Well it seems that this could be very well a good explanation of why some circles appear and would fit with some researchers idea that they are a natural phenomonon.

Not to sure how it could explain the complex pictograms we sometimes see.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Kriz_4]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

Not to sure how it could explain the complex pictograms we sometimes see.

Those are man made...

Some are claimed, but most are done illegally so never go claimed.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm not sure whether I trust research performed by a Russian called "Smirnov."

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Is it anything we didn't know, really?

There are several explainations for crop circles...no believable ones inclue lil green men, or grey men, for that matter.

It's just another explaination to add to the long list. I think a lot of things cause them, I don't think one of those things are Extra-Terrestrials coming down and mucking around in crop fields.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Look, I don't claim that all crop circles are made by UFOs or some other paranormal entity, but lightning strikes???? I'm not buying it. And I'm also not buying that humans are solely responsible for all the complex pictograms we see. Some of these crop circles are unbelievably complex. I just don't think that people running around in the dark with strings and 2x4s are always the reason.

I think that some crop circles are made by UFOs and that the circles are signs not necessarily meant for humans, but possibly meant for other alien civilizations that happen to be visiting. Could it be their way of tagging the same way gangs graffiti walls??

Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Every time a new crop circle thread pops up, I tell myself to stay away...but I always end up pleading my case anyway.

There is NO SUCH THING as a crop circle that is too complex for a human to create. Even if it's just two men, with some rope and boards in the night. If you can draw, use a compas and a ruler, you can make virtually any design you want on paper. Nobody says it's not hard, but it's definitely not impossible.

Let's see some thoeries about why aliens would do this and what it all means, instead of using the old argument that it's too hard for humans.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

There is NO SUCH THING as a crop circle that is too complex for a human to create. Even if it's just two men, with some rope and boards in the night. If you can draw, use a compas and a ruler, you can make virtually any design you want on paper. Nobody says it's not hard, but it's definitely not impossible.

Let's see some thoeries about why aliens would do this and what it all means, instead of using the old argument that it's too hard for humans.

Well said! "you have one vote left this month"

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Sure. Humans can/have done it. Hell, we built the pyramids with logs and rope. Why not crop circles with string and 2x4's? What this research suggests is that high voltage discharges create the same effects on the plants as documented in some crop circles. So theoritically, if aliens were producing some of these, they could be doing it through some form of directed high voltage.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

Agreed...............but..............what seems to be impossible for humans is to be able to create the circle by bending/breaking the wheat in the same unexplained manner as has been found in some crop circles. In certain cases there's definitely something paranormal going on.

Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

What this research suggests is that high voltage discharges create the same effects on the plants as documented in some crop circles. So theoritically, if aliens were producing some of these, they could be doing it through some form of directed high voltage.

Since no one knows anything for certain about aliens, we can throw out any theories about the way they might make a crop circle. If you wanna argue that these certain designs are alien designs, then all you can do is argue for their intent and purpose. There is really no way one can even theorize on the process that an alien would go thru to create one. Throw out eye witness accounts (at least that's my motto). There is no actual evidence that supports the ways aliens may have made these designs. Therefore, we are really only left with 2 conclusions. All circles are man made. Or 99.99% are man made and the rest are natural phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well.....I'm not too inclined to believe lightning strikes explain crop circles, because I have seen first hand what a lightning strike does to a crop.

My Grandfather's corn field was hit once ( we were watching the storm and saw the strike ). We did not go into the field till at least the next day, but I do not recall any uniform bending of the stalks, they were more like wilted and scorched, some still standing. When they rotted down, the ground was bare for a good while, as apparently most of the weed seeds were done in as well. Later we noticed similar dead spots in neighboring cotton fields. ( These were also diff from the 'fairy circles' where there is also vegetation die off.)

At any rate....this theory should be easily tested by more 'artificial' lightning strikes in controlled experiments.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
How the hell are they going to tell us that lightening or a bunch of kids in the middle of the night with a rope and a board form something as complex as this: crop circle pics
more crop circle pics

[edit on 4-8-2005 by ZengZicong]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZengZicong
How the hell are they going to tell us that lightening or a bunch of kids in the middle of the night with a rope and a board form something as complex as this: crop circle pics
more crop circle pics

Quite easily obviously...

Crop circles are a mixtured. 7 parts man made...3 parts natural phenomena...Be that torandos..lightning...whatever you choose.

Oh, and also, thanks Kriz_4 for posting this interesting find!

[edit on 4-8-2005 by shorty]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
>'How the hell are they going to tell us that lightening or a bunch of kids in the middle of the night with a rope and a board form something as complex as this'

You've got that right, ZengZicong.

>'There is NO SUCH THING as a crop circle that is too complex for a human to create'

THIS is humorous! When I hear statements of this type or someone 'explaining/debunking' crop circles by citing circlemakers.org, the word... POSEUR somehow seems to come to mind.

Maybe these circle makers/supporters of these ridiculous claims should actually go out and PROVE it.

Like THAT is going to happen!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I would think that if lightning were the cause of crop circles that the correlation would have been made sooner. Maybe it was and I just didn't hear about it. But think about it, for every circle found someone would remember that a storm happened the night before. The same thing would have come up on other circles and the correlation made.

It could be from lightning, because lightning does produce radio frequencies or RF in the microwave band when it strikes. That's why the TV screen goes bezerk when lighting strikes. But all I'm saying is that I think it would have been figured out sooner if it were true.

It should be easy enough to prove. Maybe more people will try it.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't think anyone credible has said that lightning has made crop circles. All that has been said is that high voltage discharge made a phenomenon that at least approximates some of what we've seen as crop circles. Any number of dynamics could come into play. But unlike others here that clearly know everything about this phenomenon/hoax and have it all figured out I'll wait to see more of what these researches find. If only everything was as clear-cut as some believe what a happy universe this would be.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Dunno about the whole Crop Circle affair. It's been strange for me to understand why the mass volume of circles in England?
Not saying they don't appear elsewhere, but England reports (Collin Andrews), on a possible 50 to 1 ratio and inconsistancy is very inconsistant.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If this mwere true then I find it interesting that lightning has a uniform force that flows in one direction. (aside from ground to cloud)

I had looked into crop circles years ago and the one I paid particular attrention to was Hoaglands favorite (19.5 degrees) the Barbury Castle crop circle (I think it was 1991 or 93) that led me to my own theory. If you look at it, it has a triangle with a circle on one point, what looks like a circle with curved spokes (looks like its spinning) and on the third point looks like a spiral staircase (looks like phasing)
This led me to my theory which I won't go into here but also opened my eyes to other possibilities and how to utilize this method.

Sure, some were hoaxed and the hoaxters hurt the field(sorry no pun intended) of cerology in ways that undermined the inquisitive mind.

I do believe that at least some of these are legit, in fact ice circles also appeared and the ice was even too thin to stand on. Whether they are vortex's or ball lightning, or a phenomena we still have yet to understand doesn't take away from the fact that some of those pictograms are complex.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Im undecided, some say the symbols represent various natural elements, perhapes if one could be decoded the various symbols making up a crop circle may represent water, universal nessesity for life or perhaps carbon?
others say they represent constellations, others still they are mathmatical equations explaining intersteller travel.
I say its a phenomena cuased by ozone depletion and other weather
anomalies resulting from that, its not too fantastic, afterall how intricate are the crystal patterns in a snowflake or an iced up window? certainly not as fantastic as et life going to the trouble of reaching our world and making designs in wheatfeilds but not saying "hello, were not alone, what a nice world you have hidden away here in this tiny solar system" .
If we ever reached another world with life, let alone of such complexity an awesome beauty as ours, we certainly wouldnt be drawing pics in feilds in the dead of night and flying away again
if there here n hiding, why advertise?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Dunno, ive seen vids of lights circling a field and a very complex pattern emergine, those are some smart arse lightning bolts.

This doesnt prove they are natural, if anything it proves how the little green men make them...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join