It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria tested chemical weapons on Sudanese civilians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Its sickening that Syria would use the Sudan crises to test its WMD program:

Article

“BERLIN : Syria tested chemical weapons on civilians in Sudan's troubled western Darfur region in June and killed dozens of people.

The German daily Die Welt newspaper, in an advance release of its Wednesday edition, citing unnamed western security sources, said that injuries apparently caused by chemical arms were found on the bodies of the victims.

It said that witnesses quoted by an Arabic news website called ILAF in an article on August 2 had said that several frozen bodies arrived suddenly at the "Al-Fashr Hospital" in the Sudanese capital Khartoum in June.

Die Welt said the sources had indicated that the weapons tests were undertaken following a military exercise between Syria and Sudan.

Syrian officers were reported to have met in May with Sudanese military leaders in a Khartoum suburb to discuss the possibility of improving cooperation between their armies.

According to Die Welt, the Syrians had suggested close cooperation on developing chemical weapons, and it was proposed that the arms be tested on the rebel SPLA, the Sudan People's Liberation Army, in the south…”

Some other sources regarding this:
www.eursoc.com...
bittersweet.ondragonswing.com...
www.command-post.org...

With all the Syrian terrorists running about Iraq looking to get paid bounties for killed Americans, and Syria’s support for Hamas, it doesn’t surprise me one bit that they are capable of testing WMD’s on the Sudanese.. Syria is much more of a terrorist threat than Iraq ever was. Not to mention what they have done to the Lebanese and their own people.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Thay have to make sure they work, right?

They just cant shot them off if the dont work, they have to test them.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
First I thought: EH?!
I read all german press online daily and I did not see any report on this in Die Welt.. But then I looked at the date of the article skippy linked to, it is from september 2004, one year old.

Another link he posted states:

"The British foreign office has denied reports that Sudan tested Syrian chemical weapons on civilians in Darfur in June. Germany and Washington have also expressed doubts about the reports."
It also says that the report has been published in Die Zeit (not Die Welt, as the original article states), another german newspaper.
These bloggers should learn to check information before they blog it.

OK, so that was LAST year with a bit of confusion here as to who published what.

I tried to find something about this on BBC News, no luck.

Any new reports on this?

Has it been confirmed?

Are there more cases?

What would be interesting to know is which companies are involved in oil deals with sudanese goverment.
Despite everything that has happened there in the last few decades, genocide, possible WMD use, possible involvment in assasination attempt of egyptian president a few years ago, the fact that Sudan has harboured Al-Qaeda for a while, nobody ever even suggested an invasion.

Considering that Iraq has been invaded even without any evidence of thier involvement with Al-qaeda and, as we know now, no WMDs, there must be something about Sudanese goverment that the allies "love"... my guess is: oil.

Syria itself is in war with Al-Qaeda, they are not friends in any way.

Here is an interesting article:
www.washingtontimes.com...

and I quote a very relevant part:

Long-dormant Islamic-based groups that oppose the Syrian regime appear to be taking advantage of the government's tight spot to reassert themselves, some political analysts and outside experts said.
"The more you weaken the regime, the more you give the chance for opposition groups, including Islamic extremists, to regroup," said Nizar Hamzeh, a political science professor at the American University of Beirut and an expert on Islamic political movements.
*snip, snip*
Abdulrahman al-Rashed, the general manager of Al Arabiya satellite channel, said the clashes show that al Qaeda "has indeed started its war against Syria."

So that means, if we invade Syria, we give Al-qaeda a chance to come to power; that is the EXACT OPOSITE of what we are trying to achieve in the war on terror ( the actual war on terror, war against Al-qaeda).

Iraqi war has shown that the dumbest thing you can do in war on terror is to destabilize a middle eastern country.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think this article was 'poached' from the 'Command Post' website by various newsagencies. If you read all the posts and links, they tell a tale of 'suspected' use of chem weaps - as reported by a German Int Cell from an 'unspecified' source.

Until we see a confirmed report from the UN, stating number of cas, their injuries and the type of chemweap used, we should take this 'report' with a very large pinch of salt - after all, the report of almost 2 years old!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'd be willing to wager that if, by chance, Syria was to be invaded, that those currently possessed Syrian weapons of mass destruction would not be found, as well. You know, much like Iraq.

Anyone, bet?

seekerof

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I'd be willing to wager that if, by chance, Syria was to be invaded, that those currently possessed Syrian weapons of mass destruction would not be found, as well. You know, much like Iraq.

Anyone, bet?

seekerof

Well, they are someplace. I bet they would just rotate them into Iran

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Oh My God, Those Evil Syrians... Nobody could be that evil could they? Well, I wouldn't say 'nobody'.
www.dissidentvoice.org...
www.freepressinternational.com...
home.iae.nl...
www.coopera... tiveresearch.org
www.rense.com...
www.globalresearch.ca...
www.forusa.org...
www.uic.edu...
Maybe we need to the UN Weapons Inspectors here in the US as well, I mean if we are going to bomb and invade countries developing this technology, then maye we should start at the TOP OF THE LIST huh? Ah but it's ok for us to have them, test them on our own citizenry, sell them to other countries, etc. because we're the good guys... Why would good guys spray Botulism on their own people though?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hopefully, the United States no longer sees all the Bad Guys as friends with each other; they're obviously not.

Saddam Hussein, Bashar al-Assad, and the House of Saud are all nothing but vicious fascist thugs; nonetheless, they are as anti-al-Qaeda and anti-fundamentalists (they're not the same) as we are, since they correctly see (saw in Saddam's case) that al-Qaeda and/or the fundies would behead them if they had the chance.

The Saudis, of course, are in a bit different situation; as Guardians of the Holy Places, they figured they had to play the conservative, let's-finance-the-Madrassas card, while still sucking up to Uncle Sam. That plan seems to have backfired and their spiritual (and biological) children are beginning to kill them now. If they weren't such slimebuckets, I could almost feel sorry for them.

Almost.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Where is syrian to denounce the war crimes of her beloved syria? think this could be responsible for do many deaths in darfur?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Maybe we need to the UN Weapons Inspectors here in the US as well, I mean if we are going to bomb and invade countries developing this technology, then maye we should start at the TOP OF THE LIST huh?

The difference here, twitchy, is that the US does not deny having WMDs and the UN has a full accounting of our WMDs inventory, making your whatever the point was, irrelevent [my favorite word for the day].

seekerof

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
"UN has a full accounting of our WMDs inventory"
I seriously doubt that seekerof.

new topics

top topics

join