It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galloway praises Iraq 'martyrs'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
From the article:

Mr Galloway claimed the insurgents were ordinary Iraqis defending their country against "foreign invaders".

"It can be said, truly said, that the Iraqi resistance is not just defending Iraq. They are defending all the Arabs and they are defending all the people of the world against American hegemony."

'Martyrs'

In one speech, the MP said: "These poor Iraqis - ragged people, with their sandals, with their Kalashnikovs, with the lightest and most basic of weapons - are writing the names of their cities and towns in the stars, with 145 military operations every day, which has made the country ungovernable.

"We don't know who they are, we don't know their names, we never saw their faces, they don't put up photographs of their martyrs, we don't know the names of their leaders."

From his recent performance versus the US Senate, we could conclude that para 2 above regarding what the "insurgents" are defending against, is where he has placed the most "heat".

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If the definition of sedition is merely "inciting hatred" seems like he's already done that by calling his own government r***ists. That certainly incites some hatred!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by grad_student
If the definition of sedition is merely "inciting hatred" seems like he's already done that by calling his own government r***ists. That certainly incites some hatred!

First of all, the definition of sedition isn't merely "inciting hatred".

Secondly, when speaking about raping a city, the meaning is to seize and take away by force. Look it up. The rape you're talking about (sexual power crime) is actually a newer meaning and cannot be done to a city.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning
Skippy...you actually bought that load of horsesh*t? My, you are gullible aren't you. Then you say you don't support the war? You are a troll, your only purpose here, it seems, is to piss off those who aren't brainwashed and don't buy the horsesh*t that you do. On the verge of hitting the "ignore" button on you...but the laughs I get out of what you write keep me from doing it.

BINGO!!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
He said the insurgents are Iraqis?
Really? Some may be. What cause are they fighting for, does Galloway know? Probably not. Just upset that Saddam is no longer around to give him money like the Frenchies.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

BINGO!!

Can smell the horse poo from here so might as well call it as I have seen it in many other threads!

Give 'em hell, Harry....um, er...George

"George Galloway is quite a guy.

His trip to the Middle East is causing a ruckus back in London, where his criticism of Bush and Blair is appearing like a spread-sheet on the front-page of the tabloids.

Congrats, George; those two deserve a good lambasting.

Yesterday he fired-off another barrage, landing a direct hit on Prime Minister Milquetoast and his Texas-twin. He said, "There's far more blood on the hands of George Bush and Tony Blair than there is on the hands of the murderers who killed those people in London."

Ka-boom! Right on target. "

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
This suprises you? Galloway is a criminal. He is just sour that his Iraqi money train has stopped coming in. He will get his.

Funny last time I checked he was inocent and just accused of things by the US intel commitee but hey we all have opinions.....even if they are clouded by hatred....

Originally posted by Frosty
He said the insurgents are Iraqis?
Really? Some may be. What cause are they fighting for, does Galloway know? Probably not. Just upset that Saddam is no longer around to give him money like the Frenchies.

Or americans....or british....

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
....or the Germans, or the Russians, or the UN, or Scott Ritter, or etc....

seekerof

[edit on 7-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
....or the Germans, or the Russians, or the UN, or Scott Ritter, or etc....

seekerof

[edit on 7-8-2005 by Seekerof]

Stop repeating me!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join