It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best evidence I have seen - A ghost captured by a photojournalist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
www.jsonline.com...

JSOnline Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Accident on I-94 kills two

Photo/Dale Guldan
Article written June 4, 2003

The photo I'm talking about is on the right hand column the second one down of all the pictures of the accident scene. You will need to click on it to enlarge it. Then look in the cab of the wrecked semi. There is a blue figure that looks human. There is a body bag in front of a piece of yellow metal that came off the truck that looks like it is just a few feet away from the truck.

I'm going to try to insert the image. All I changed was the fromat from bit to jpg. You will be able to compaire this to the one on the JS Online Journal Sentinel.

If anyone has any other alternative ideas, I'll be glad to hear it. The door is still attached to the truck, and nothing is missing from that. I have been in a couple of semi trucks, and the seats are not a light blue. If you look at the handle right before the door that the driver/passanger uses to help pull themselves up and is also a part of the three points of contact safety rule when entering a truck cab, there is a little gray section that is the seat. When you are climbing in, the seat is right there.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Mystery_Lady]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Odd, could it be anything else?

Good find though.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Wow that is freaky, but it looks too much like someone dressed in one of those blue hospital gowns, still spooky though. Is there any way someone here can blow this up for a better view? TIA.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
That is another victim covered in a sheet. Not a ghost.
"Gary Burfield of Chicago, the driver of the Golden Guernsey Dairy truck."

I wish the resolution was better.
Blowing it up causes too much pixelation, but it almost has that "wooo" ghost face.

Goodbye Mr. Burfield, we hardly knew you.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I am thinking a sheet on a dead body or something.

Lets let the pro's at ats herer figure this one out.. For now I call it fake.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I blew it up and put it up....before I did it, I "saturated" it because I noticed a lot of red at the "feet" of the sheeted whatever....does anyone see the side of a man's face down there?....the red saturated a lot....that's all I did, tho....saturated the color. Here's the link:

webpages.charter.net...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Holy Shi!
Yeah I just looked at the Red and Blue channels at the "feet", that sure
looks like it could be Mr.Bufields severed head down there!

But then maybe its just human pattern recognition.
I find it hard to imagine that they would cover the body and not the severed head.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
honestly it's probably just something we want to see so it become visible...as a paramedic we covered people with sheets in accidents many times so THAT is very viable. however for the figure of a human like i said it's like when we were kids and were afraid of the man outside our window on the 4th floor and opened the curtains and found only a tree and branches. we WANT to see it so it becomes there. however i find this spooky and odd.....doesnt it look alot like Alfred Hitchcock?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think the two people who died were in different vehicles than that one -- one was in the dump truck (the yellow truck on its side) the other was in the dairy truck which I think it the tractor trailer that has the cab is pinned between the other two vehicles -- the truck that has the figure was a flatbed if I remember right -- can't get back to that page.

So in other words I have no idea what it could be but I don't think it was either of the victims.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Maybe there's something I'm just not seeing, but it only looks like a crash victim covered with a sheet. Am I missing something here?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
looks like the airbag to me. That or a sheet of glass from the windshield. Pretty bad wreck though. ouch.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It does seem to be the sheet they've covered the body with.....the left side of the white part of the figure has a corner and folds like a draped covering.

And that is the truck in the middle, the third truck.....the 'flat bed' does not show in the blow-up that was posted.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by frayed1]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
That is another victim covered in a sheet. Not a ghost.
"Gary Burfield of Chicago, the driver of the Golden Guernsey Dairy truck."

Mystery solved, I can breath a little easier now. I didn't know paramedics used sheets to cover victims. The sheet could have either been a light blue, or have a blue tint to it due to the way the light hits it.

I didn't think of it as being the second victim, since I was thinking the driver of the dairy truck was more than likely have been pinned behind the wheel, and not have been visiable. His body could be like that due to 3 reasons I can think of now.

1) The paramedics put it in that position

2) The top of the seat was mangled in that direction

3) The driver tried to escape, but didn't get that far.

Thanks everyone

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
And that is the truck in the middle, the third truck.....the 'flat bed' does not show in the blow-up that was posted.

Correct, our "ghost" is the driver of the dairy truck. I viewed the other photos in the news, and the dairy truck cab is what we are looking at. The Body on the ground is from the dump truck which rolled over at least four times.

Odd

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Odd, could it be anything else?

i'm not sure, actually

looks pretty interesting to me, and the legitimacy of the source is the clincher here... but unfortunately, not even the best photograph in the world is enough proof in and of itself to get the concept of ghosts accepted by mainstream science.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
it were real. I wish it didn't look so campy. Give me a pack of sparkle-blue crayons and I could draw something more convincing.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Im sorry, i see a second dead victim in the cabin, and desperation to find the extrordinary in the ordinary, people see ghost in everything from stale pizza to ciggarett smoke and lazy clouds. very good imagination and ability to convince themselves imo. 99.999% of ghost pics are nothing but vivid imagine and fanatic desire to prove their beliefs to others.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I see 2 dead people in this photo. There were 2 trucks. 1 driver in each truck. The truck thats cab came off and has a body bag in front of it with obviously the driver of that truck. In the other truck, the driver also dead was not ejected from his truck, his cab did not seperate from the truck, and he died inside the truck where the EMT's covered his mutilated body with a sheet so people aren't puking their guts out while trying to investigate the wreck etc....

top topics

join