It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Dead Marines

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
if i remember correctly we sent the American Special Forces and the British SAS into Afghanistan along with CIA paramilitary forces before the bombing of Afghanistan. yep we are courageous. we go into houses and buildings lookin for insurgents.

Not to get off topic, but we could of got Saddam that way, and yes that would be courageous. Remember Noriega?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin

Not to get off topic, but we could of got Saddam that way, and yes that would be courageous. Remember Noriega?

we still manage to find Saddam by lookin for him, and found him in a hole, his home actually. and Noreiga went hidin in the Vatican embassy and we waited there while playin rock music.
, we didnt bomb the crap out of the building.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
As much as I dislike Bush I cannot fully put their deaths on his head. This discussion reminds me of Henry V Act IV scene one.

So, if a son that is by his father sent about
merchandise do sinfully miscarry upon the sea, the
imputation of his wickedness by your rule, should be
imposed upon his father that sent him: or if a
servant, under his master's command transporting a
sum of money, be assailed by robbers and die in
many irreconciled iniquities, you may call the
business of the master the author of the servant's
damnation: but this is not so: the king is not
bound to answer the particular endings of his
soldiers, the father of his son, nor the master of
his servant; for they purpose not their death, when
they purpose their services.

To the original poster of this thread, I am sorry for the loss of your friends.

I however do not mourn them as I do not mourn death.

I wonder if we ever consider that as our tears fall for these men, do we ever take a moment to think of those they have or would have killed? It is not something we often wish to think about.. you never want to think ill of the dead.

We argue about who is worth life and who is not as if it were our place to dictate it.

No, I do not mourn death because it is nothing more than the ephemeral aspect of life.

However, some of you use this as a rally cry for more, to carpet bomb the "Sandbox", to instigate more death into this world without ever thinking through the consequences and honestly it's sad, I would have to say that you are not even interesting enough to make me sick.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

I can only assume that her post was edited by a MOD since she did receive a warn for that post. That being the case again I assume we have not seen all of what she said and a MOD thought it violated TOS so she got what she deserved.

Do yourself a favor and do a member search on her, then read some of her hate filled posts, before jumping on her band wagon.

You raise a good point, it's possible she posted something that was later deleted.

Don't worry, I've seen enough of her other posts, and find I agree with roughly 0% of what she says. I really don't find her hate any less extreme than those others who, as SO said, advocate nuking the middle east. I try, though, to address each post as if it were a separate entity detatched from the person behind the words. I would say that Syrian Sister is a step above some of the people in her category because she is still young... some people here are old enough to start families of their own and yet they, like her, promote vengeance in just about every post. What can you do? In my opinion we should ban them all, or ban none.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
well since Syrian Sister is still in the learning stage
, it may be a problem where she may joined Al Qaeda and decides to commit martyrdom herself. in anicase we better watch her carefully.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
I can only assume that her post was edited by a MOD since she did receive a warn for that post.

We don't edit posts when warns are given out. You will allways know if we have edited anything because there will be a line at the bottom saying who edited it.

Do yourself a favor and do a member search on her, then read some of her hate filled posts, before jumping on her band wagon.

One of the things we can give warns out for is for 'post stalking', or for people continuing to discuss a particular poster, rather than the topic at hand.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Syrian Sister strikes again. She ruins a good thread started in all good intentions by her absolute despicable comments.

I have had something similar aimed at me by her when she wished my son dead because he serves with the British Army.
She never got any warning for that, and i for one am pleased she at least got one for the comment she made earlier.

People like her are not worth the bother within this forum when comments like the ones mentioned spew from her childish, uneducated, brainwashed mind.

The ignore button works just fine too, give it a go. It will stop you getting wound up by offensive remarks made by children who will soon grow up and learn the ways of the ADULT world.

Off topic i know, but the comments got to me.
Fair play if a warning is issued, at least i never wished anyone dead, nor glad that anyone had died..........

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Are you the love child of Axis Sally and Lord Haha, or was you mom Tokyo Rose? There is a time and a place for every opinion but not during what amounst to a eulogy. It's acts like this that go miles to reenforce negative stereotypes.

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

The deaths brought to 23 the number of Marines killed in the past week in fighting along the volatile Euphrates Valley of western Iraq and marked one of the bloodiest periods for U.S. forces in months.

Saying the Euprates Valley is anywhere near the syrian border is a bit of a stretch. But thanks for the compliment.

Glasnaut

14 dead people is always a tragedy, no matter what side they are on.

In a way, it is a tragety that these young men died, after all they where sweet talked by some more intelligent recruiters and hence are also the victim in a way.

But it was they themselves who attacked iraq, it was they who signed up for this war with their own hands on the dotted line. So even though it's sad that they died uselessly for fat capitalists in washington, it's happier that now that they are dead, iraq is closer to real freedom. Don't you want that for iraq, after all they have been through, don't you think they deserve to be happy? So grab a glass and chear because this war is 14 men closer to being over.

Besides, i've never seen any of you respect the lives of the fallen resistance fighters. Where is your tragedy and your anger when they die, Glasnaut?

I atleast whished your fallen peace.

another "victory" for the terrorists.

I don't see how that is the case, since 14 of them died today.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
The ignore button works just fine too, give it a go. It will stop you getting wound up by offensive remarks made by children who will soon grow up and learn the ways of the ADULT world.

Yeah, the ignore button works great.

Im not gonna let some America-hating Canadian teenager still living with his parents anger me and ruin my ATS experiance. Ive put several punks on my ignore list and I thank the creators of this forum for adding it.

Some Punks in here are not worth my time or energy. I would rather debate with adults that have lived in the real world and have some common-sense.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So how do you chose who you will listen to and who you will not?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrBunny
So how do you chose who you will listen to and who you will not?

Easy. By reading the sick and deplorable remarks that people make. If they are offensive, then hit the ignore button. Simple eh?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
One of the things we can give warns out for is for 'post stalking', or for people continuing to discuss a particular poster, rather than the topic at hand.

I have issued warns to every poster in this thread who persisted in this behaviour after Nygdan's warning.

Both sides are making my blood boil here so I'll go on a little rant...

Someone ruined a perfectly good thread? How? Because it didn't turn into the proper patriotic love-fest for 14 dead people? Like some have said more eloquently than me. War sucks and # happens.

Cheering for one "side" or another is moronic.

I see we have several aspiring world leaders here who would make decisions no sane person would make.

It comes down to this...

If there are foreign people who don't even speak your language patrolling your neighbourhood with guns and heavy armour you want them gone. Period. Promises of the "good life" doesn't sell when "help" comes at the barrel of a gun and "peace" means a fight with people who "don't know what's good for them". :shk:

Want to end the Iraq war?

Leave.

It will degenerate into a civil war? What business is it of ours how they handle their internal affairs? You really care? Then do what they want and leave.

That will crash the economy? Raise the price of oil? Well tough noogies. That's the "price" to pay for letting a spoiled bunch of schoolyard liars and bullies whack a hornet's nest with a big stick.

This war was protested around the world before it started by people from all sides.

I won't sympathise with extremists no matter where they are from or which dogma they are pushing.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Umwolves

i await your reply

Gools.

Your position on this is perhaps the most intelligent.

FallenFromTheTree

In fact you disrespect all of us here insulting fallen souls

I did not wish to disrespect you or to insult you. I only wished the fallen enemy some peace. If that is insulting to you then i apologise.

cargo

I'll answer you in private since at this time, speaking my mind is risky business.

XphilesPhan

arnold_voslo and MrBunny

Well said.

delta boy

That's exactly what he is saying. Bush belongs in the hague, for his crimes against is own people (that's the american soldiers), and against iraq.

Koji_k

You are a fair and just person, you should be a moderator.

LA-Maximus and Fallenfromatree.

ts proof that Islam is the enemy of all free people.

The majority of Iraqies are true muslims too, so if you hate islam sooo much, then why are you supposedly giving up your lives to "help iraqies" ?

phoenixhasrisin

I hate war too. Thanks for providing me with new insight,
your one of the few people that can do that.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
SS cutt the BS you know good and well what you were doing and you meant it, its not the first time youve made coments like that.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by C0le]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I watched an Army General on the news talking about these terrible deaths today.....and I watched for signs of rage....anger...that some of our boys got bushwhacked by the cut-throats....

I did'nt see any anger and it I got PO'ed that he spoke like some kinda automation reporting the weather...well they talked for 10 seconds and switched over to some other crap. 20 more dead Marines...and meanwhile BUSH is on ANOTHER vacation.

You know they are the best we got....and I hope their partying in Heaven.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I live in central Ohio. I wish Syrian Sister could sit on main street in Dublin, Ohio the day they bury that fine Marine Sergeant. One of the 9 that has fallen from Lima Company. She would see first hand why we are THE LAND OF THE FREE.

It seems there has been two classes of citizens in this country. Those individuals who feel FREEDOM is an intangible idea which is free, without personal cost; and those who realize that the red stripes of our flag represent the blood shed and the white strips the bandages we have used to dress our wounded over the last 225 years to remain THE LAND OF THE FREE.

Too my fall brothers, as I wipe tears from my eyes "God bless".

AIRBORNE!!!

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Silent Professional]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Congratulations to the resistance and to the iraqi people.

And may the enemy find some peace in death.

And may honour come to the Co-alition soldiers who died trying to thier duty and help defend the iraqi citizens against the iraqi terorists...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

Maximu§

Yeah its similar to what i said in pm a while back, The guys in charge send these men to war, But when these men fighting for this country are dead, or need somone in charge to stand up for them, they are left hanging. Its
BS

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

Yeah its similar to what i said in pm a while back, The guys in charge send these men to war, But when these men fighting for this country are dead, or need somone in charge to stand up for them, they are left hanging. Its
BS

Its one word.....politics....happens everytime , everywhere .

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I did not wish to disrespect you or to insult you. I only wished the fallen enemy some peace. If that is insulting to you then i apologise.

If that is so then you would not mind asking one of the mods to edit the offending post?

<< 1  2    4 >>

join