It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Dead Marines

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
umwolves123

My condolensces about your friends umwolves123, and i'm sorry if i disrespected you, i thought i was being respectful but if i have un intentionally insulted you, i truly appoligise. Casting aside mods or bans and the rest of what people are saying.

Perhaps we can both respect each other even though we are enemies, yes? Can i make such a deal with you?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacemunkey
That statement should get a ban.

Should we also ban posters who advocate nuclear attacks on Iraq and other mid-eastern countries?

Where is the line, and how is it drawn?

While I personally detest the opinions of Sister, the challenge of being a true advocate of free expression is the ability to embrace that which you abhor.

We have several flavors of the celebration of death and destruction from all angles and all sides in these and similar threads. Unless we as a community decide the entire discussion is not for us, we can't pick and choose which angle and which side we will allow.

As distasteful as some of these opinions are to many of our members, the alternative (censorship) is much more distasteful.

(However: flame baiting and trouble making is another matter, and will be handled via the terms and conditions.)

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123
this thread was not made because i disputed the war, i made this thread because 14 of my FRIENDS, forget the fact that they were marines or in war....but 14 of my FRIENDS were just killed. please, you may say what you want. but please be respectful. they were people i cared for deeply.

umwolves123

my significant fella had to deliver the news to one of the wives yesterday. one of the guys killed in the aav was from his unit in norfolk,va. he and the commanding officer went to her home and she wasn't there. so they had to go to her place of work.

this man was a friend of his and the wife as well. they had socialized quite a bit together and so he feels the loss acutely.

he's had to do "the duty" of informing family before but this one was very very difficult. apparently this fella had been active duty.......been over to iraq already. come out.........started his career as a police officer.....and then decided to reup so he could go back over to fight.

i don't believe the couple had any children.

i understand your feelings...............and also wish to extend support to all the troops over there and their families left behind here.

semper fi

angie

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by spacemunkey
That statement should get a ban.

Should we also ban posters who advocate nuclear attacks on Iraq and other mid-eastern countries?

While I personally detest the opinions of Sister, the challenge of being a true advocate of free expression is the ability to embrace that which you abhor.

We have several flavors of the celebration of death and destruction from all angles and all sides in these and similar threads. Unless we as a community decide the entire discussion is not for us, we can't pick and choose which angle and which side we will allow.

As distasteful as some of these opinions are to many of our members, the alternative (censorship) is much more distasteful.

(However: flame baiting and trouble making is another matter, and will be handled via the terms and conditions.)

EXCELLENT POINT................part of the gift of freedom of speech is the ability to speak YOUR mind even if the opinions voiced fly smack in the face of all you love and cherish and make your guts boil with distaste.

thanks SO! good points!

angie

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Syrian Sister,

You have shown clearly that you do not follow the TRUE teachings of Islam.

In fact you disrespect all of us here insulting fallen souls who were there simply TRYING to help the majority of the people in Iraq who want peace.

At least most of us here have the common sense to realise that the only ones who truly gain from war are those who seek money and power and your beliefs are meaningless.

No one with the slightest bit of common sense or repect for life wants ths violence to continue.

There is only one God and you bring shame to yourself and all your countrymen making such foolish comments.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by FallenFromTheTree]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Agreed. I don't appreciate what the trendy resistance groupies say or what the cliquey keyboard commandos say. But...

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by Britguy
"Bring it on" said Mr Bush, and they have.

"Mission Accomplished"

Certainly, the next time that some UK troops get canned and it is posted within ATS, you won't have no problem at all if I congratulate the resistance and assert what you have, would you?

Pretty sad that people who are against what happened in Iraq [ie: the war] have to drop to the level of condoning, glorifying, and congratulating those we are opposing or fighting against. :shk:

seekerof

...seekerof here went right past an above mentioned keyboard commando and didn't even blink at his call for "nuking that sandbox" which "is like a wet dream" to him. Not even a "you are not a very nice person" comment to put him back in line. Straight for the trendy resistance groupies though. Everytime.

Are you sharing a wet dream with C0le, seeker?

And for skippy: If you are going to wish harm on someone at ATS please use the U2U function, you are such a simpleton sometimes. Personally, I would like to see any post that hopes for the death of another member to mean instant ban, if only to free up the forums from your eternal BS.

Cheers.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by cargo]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
By the way SS. You are an Australian, right? You were not born in Australia though, right? But you are a citizen of Australia, right? What then is your opinion of Australian soldiers currently in Iraq? Do you wish for their deaths? Do you wish for the resistance to swiftly kill them and push back the occupiers?

If so, would you be willing to leave your life in Australia, under the very military who afford you the freedom to do and say as you please, to pursue your support for those you hold in higher regard, the people of Syria/Iraq etc.?

I don't agree with this war either. But I do not openly support the death of any human being on any side.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
And for skippy: If you are going to wish harm on someone at ATS please use the U2U function

Members are not permited to threaten other members nor their families, obviously. Not in the forums, not via U2U (which, as reminder, are the proprety of ATS), and its even against the rules to do so in ATS webmail accounts. Threatening a person personally is the last resort of a person that has no force of argument. They have to resort to fantasies of physical force. Absurd.

Obviously members can hope that the criminal insurgency in iraq is defeated, in whatever way. But Do NOT make it personal here.

This is a discussion board. Discuss the Issues, not each other.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
i promice, i swear.

Give me a warn not a ban.

i didn't even get a warn.

please ; (

It is very sad that you had the gaul to say what you did. Considering the number of warns you have received in the past I am amazed the MODS have not banned you.

It is truly sad to see all the hate you have within you. Seek professional help soon before it is too late.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
any death is sad but i wonder how many of you felt as sad for the deaths of the 20000+ innocent iraqi civilian deaths?

The soldiers are there to do a job that the criminal Bush sent them to do and there is alway the risk they may die doing that job. One day bush will pay for his crimes maybe not in this life but definately in the next.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
any death is sad but i wonder how many of you felt as sad for the deaths of the 20000+ innocent iraqi civilian deaths?

The soldiers are there to do a job that the criminal Bush sent them to do and there is alway the risk they may die doing that job. One day bush will pay for his crimes maybe not in this life but definately in the next.

u might as well be saying that all the Presidents who have sent soldiers abroad should faced crimes. like Roosevelt or Reagan or Truman.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
don't agree with this war either. But I do not openly support the death of any human being on any side.

well said

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
u might as well be saying that all the Presidents who have sent soldiers abroad should faced crimes. like Roosevelt or Reagan or Truman.

to an extent yes, but Bush is the biggest criminal of the lot.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Syrian, that is the most disgusting thing i have ever heard come out of your mouth and your momma should wash it out with soap! BTW, the people you are disrespecting advocate leaving iraq and to treat iraqis prisoners, whom BTW die all the time in american POW camps, with some shread of dignity. I however do not object to the current tactics used on iraqis as you said, they are the enemy, and you will learn we americans show little mercy to our enemies. there will be undoubtedly consequences and retailiation for those 14 marines that you will feel several fold.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Well Syrian Sisters comments made my blood boil, but she has a right to say what she wants within ATS rules. To call our brave soldiers terrorists and the throat-cutters "insurgents" is really the opinion shared by most of her fellow Muslims.....and its proof that Islam is the enemy of all free people.

These Punk Islamic Thugs can't even stand up and fight like men....they plant roadside bombs killing civilians and soldiers without discrimination. Well, America will pull our troops out of Iraq one day and than the Shiites and Sunnis can go back to cutting each others throats like they have done for 1000's of years.

Nuff said.

Maximu§

[edit on 013131p://444 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samiralfey
Um, it's war and in war you die so what's the problem here? Sorry if this sounds a bit hard but what's the fuzz about few soldiers dying there? There are plenty left and they signed up for a job like that.

Well said. I am so sick of the double speak, sometimes I wonder if people even realize what they are saying . Soldiers DIE in WAR, that is what happens on both sides. 14 soldiers die in the "worst" attack in the entire war? Relatively speaking that aint too bad. I am sure the Iraqi's wish the precision bombing from US jets produced similar results.

And now the ones who advocate the bombing of religious sites, who scoff at our lack of accountability in regards to collateral damage, want to whine about 14 lives? I must of missed a memo. I can understand someone missing some people he knew, but the rest IMHO is nonsense.

War is death kiddies, and sometimes it's going to be the boys you sent. This aint G.I joe, people don't jump out of every exploding vehicle to survive to fight another day. If you don't want our boys dying then do not support sending them off to war to kill other people. I suggest you all mosey on over to ogerish.com and see just what it is that you advocate soo blindly. I personally think it sucks but that is why I do not support war, and believe that we should.....

"Kill power not people- Fight war not wars!"
Peace!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

These Punk Islamic Thugs can't even stand up and fight like men....they plant roadside bombs killing civilians and soldiers without discrimination.

Comprared to our heroics of dropping thousand pound bombs from the safety of at least a hundred to a few thousad feet, BEFORE even willing to send a soldier in on foot? ....Yeah you are right we are soo courageous.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
While I don't agree with Syrian Sister's sentiments, I think it odd that people would call for her being banned, given that she was merely expressing the same sentiments as the original poster in this thread, only for the "other side." Had she said something like "haha, I'm glad those marines are dead," then sure, it would be uncalled for, but she didn't. Her words were quite restrained. If one person is going to use ATS as a forum to express his personal emotions regarding the dead, then should not this permission be expanded to all? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. ATS is not a funeral, and personal eulogies should be saved for someplace more appropriate. It should be accepted that others will not share your personal opinions of the dead and the circumstances in which they died in a global forum like ATS.

That said, I think that, as a human being, Syrian Sister showed some of the worst possible judgment and insensitivity. Especially given the fact that she wasn't there and has no personal relationship with those who died or those who killed them.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin

Comprared to our heroics of dropping thousand pound bombs from the safety of at least a hundred to a few thousad feet, BEFORE even willing to send a soldier in on foot? ....Yeah you are right we are soo courageous.

if i remember correctly we sent the American Special Forces and the British SAS into Afghanistan along with CIA paramilitary forces before the bombing of Afghanistan. yep we are courageous. we go into houses and buildings lookin for insurgents.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
While I don't agree with Syrian Sister's sentiments, I think it odd that people would call for her being banned, given that she was merely expressing the same sentiments as the original poster in this thread, only for the "other side." Had she said something like "haha, I'm glad those marines are dead," then sure, it would be uncalled for, but she didn't. Her words were quite restrained.

I can only assume that her post was edited by a MOD since she did receive a warn for that post. That being the case again I assume we have not seen all of what she said and a MOD thought it violated TOS so she got what she deserved.

Do yourself a favor and do a member search on her, then read some of her hate filled posts, before jumping on her band wagon.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join