It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Dead Marines

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
i know this thread breaks the rules, and to the MOD's i'm truely sorry. I have nowhere else to post this. the 14 Marines who died today from 3rd bat. 25th Marines were not only friends of mine, but a few were also marines under my command 2 years ago. To those Marines whom have parrashed i'm sorry i wasnt able to be there. I'm sorry i'm not with you now. You will live on in OUR Memories especially mine. God Bless you, and we'll meet again.

To all those who read this hopefully before the mod's take it down. Remember what it is it means to be an American, remember those who are over there arent forced, they went over because they volunteered to be there. And remember what price WE pay for our freedom everyday. This is all I ask of you.

SEMPER FI DEVILDOGS!!!!

[edit on 4-8-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I hope you know that all our hearts go out to the families and loved ones of these brave souls who have put themselves in harms way.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The mods won't take this down.

Why don't you tell us something about these people ? Too quickly young men and women that only a short time ago breathed the air and laughed and loved are reduced to cold and grim statistics these days.

If you knew them then make them people for us instead of a headline.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
well the one guy who died on monday, his name was Cpl. Buskovitch (spelled his name wrong), he was the guy who kinda took me under his wing and showed me around and befriended me when i first arrived to their unit. he was engaged and was going to set a date i guess when he got home. with one kid so far....i think somewhere around 4 or 5 years old. they were all real people....mostly similar stories. LOL we used to make this bet who could come to drill the next weekend with the best sex stories of all time, they had to have pictures, or a video, or another marine there to see it to prove it though. everyone would put in like 5 bucks, Cpl. Andrews would always win though.

I remember getting into a fight with lcpl. Gentry who didnt even remember it the next day because he was so drunk we i went to talk to him about it. and we became good friends from that moment on. he was married, and last i heard they werent ready for kids yet.

God i'm really starting to miss them all, not because they're gone but because i never kept in touch as much as i should have. i should have been there to say good bye when they deployed.

i've lost a total of 19 friends/marines over there now. sometimes i'm still amazed that MY view on the way hasnt changed. even in the mist of all this. i cant help but feel if anything retalliation, or revenge. but i know they died for a good cause. i cant accept anything less.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
as a matter of fact and i think this may be the hardest for me is that one of those marines who passed on was a young man that I recruited into the marines when i was a recruiter in ohio. some times i cant help but think that if i hadnt talked him into joining he'd still be here...but then i remember that it was him who signed the dotted line. but at this point it's sometimes hard to distinguish reality from feelings.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

And people wonder why nuking that sandbox is like a wet dream to me.

Its only a matter of time..

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Excuse me?! Holy smokes.
I know I did not read what I just did.
Let me get this straight....
You congratulate the "resistance", which the incident happening so close to the Syrian border, indicates and suggests that those are foreign fighters coming into Iraq by way of Syria, not the "resistance", for the killing of these men?

Oh my, I thought I had seen it all within ATS.....:shk:

seekerof

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
"Bring it on" said Mr Bush, and they have.

"Mission Accomplished"

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Congratulations to the resistance and to the iraqi people.

And may the enemy find some peace in death.

14 dead people is always a tragedy, no matter what side they are on. This is pure bile and you are not helping any "cause".

Another statistic for the war-mongerers, and another "victory" for the terrorists. What a wondeful way to do business. Very sad.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Um, it's war and in war you die so what's the problem here? Sorry if this sounds a bit hard but what's the fuzz about few soldiers dying there? There are plenty left and they signed up for a job like that.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
"Mission Accomplished"

Mission was accomplished when he said that, We invaded Iraq and defeated the Saddam regime and the IRAQI military, We are not fighting the same war as the one we went into, This war now is against insurgents and terorrists.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by C0le]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   

The deaths brought to 23 the number of Marines killed in the past week in fighting along the volatile Euphrates Valley of western Iraq and marked one of the bloodiest periods for U.S. forces in months.

Saying the Euprates Valley is anywhere near the syrian border is a bit of a stretch. But thanks for the compliment.

Glasnaut

14 dead people is always a tragedy, no matter what side they are on.

In a way, it is a tragety that these young men died, after all they where sweet talked by some more intelligent recruiters and hence are also the victim in a way.

But it was they themselves who attacked iraq, it was they who signed up for this war with their own hands on the dotted line. So even though it's sad that they died uselessly for fat capitalists in washington, it's happier that now that they are dead, iraq is closer to real freedom. Don't you want that for iraq, after all they have been through, don't you think they deserve to be happy? So grab a glass and chear because this war is 14 men closer to being over.

Besides, i've never seen any of you respect the lives of the fallen resistance fighters. Where is your tragedy and your anger when they die, Glasnaut?

I atleast whished your fallen peace.

another "victory" for the terrorists.

I don't see how that is the case, since 14 of them died today.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
"Bring it on" said Mr Bush, and they have.

"Mission Accomplished"

Certainly, the next time that some UK troops get canned and it is posted within ATS, you won't have no problem at all if I congratulate the resistance and assert what you have, would you?

Pretty sad that people who are against what happened in Iraq [ie: the war] have to drop to the level of condoning, glorifying, and congratulating those we are opposing or fighting against. :shk:

seekerof

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by glastonaut
14 dead people is always a tragedy, no matter what side they are on.

Sorry SS, didn't realise how one-sided this statement was.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   

That statement should get a ban.

Spacemunkey

EDIT: Well i've complained about it and i'm sure others will complain about it.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by spacemunkey]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
i promice, i swear.

Give me a warn not a ban.

i didn't even get a warn.

please ; (

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I'm not condoning, glorifying or congratulating anyone.

It's a war, plenty have died, plenty more are yet to die. Let's not kid ourselves though that these people have died in some heroic struggle to protect the rest of us. Those that lied us into this fiasco continue to lie and cover their butts whilst spending taxpayer money hand over fist, and for what? The likes of Blair, Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney and all the other warmongers care little about the lives being lost.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Mods, give me my warning now, as I am about to deserve it...

I hope the terrorists you so love and cherish kill you one day in one of thier "freedom operations", better yet, I hope they kill your entire family except you so you can relish in thier "resistance". You are a pathetic excuse for a human (if thats what you are) and you dont deserve to be alive. You disgust me. You be carefull making statements like that, you arent as safe behind that computer as you may think...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
this thread was not made because i disputed the war, i made this thread because 14 of my FRIENDS, forget the fact that they were marines or in war....but 14 of my FRIENDS were just killed. please, you may say what you want. but please be respectful. they were people i cared for deeply.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I just wonder if there is a way we can build a wall tall enough to keep people like this out of our lives. Israel may have a good idea after all...

Heck, it's a gawd awfull "resistance" that kills more civilians than "enemies". You'd think Larry, Moe, and Curly pick the targets. Nah, they'd at least be aiming at the right persons and miss. How does blowing up Iraqi children improve the "resistance"? Oh never mind, i suspect She'd say that it was us j=killing those civilians with IEDs, and blaming the "valiant resistance".

You cannot combat this kind of hate. Even Jesus didn't have kooks like this to put up with.

The best, only way to combat these people is to take the money out of their pockets, so that they have to decide between food and bombs. The sooner we get rid of gas, the better. If it wasn't for oil, the area'd be even more in the 17th century than it is. Not too much else in the region of value, other than natural gas. See the pattern?

In closing, I must state that I respect the sacrifice of our fallen, and we are forever in the debt of those families that have lost loved ones. Regardless of which side you are on in thr war, you must respect the soldier who does what he is told, tries his best, does what he believes is right, and fights the fight that we can not or will not fight. God Bless and Goodspeed...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join