It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numbers and their significance

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I see 1:11 and 11:11 every day. I am drawn to those numbers. Sometimes I will stop what I'm doing, look at the clock and--11:11...atleast I think so.

I don't even think it means anything though. It's just the symmetricalness of the numbers that tricks our brains into thinking we see them all the time.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Conspiracy Follower
It has been a while since I posted here last time. Then on this thread I expressed my views against any paranormal meanings of numbers (it was 3 or so pages back, in case you would like to check). In general, I believe it is the topic of psychology and not meta-something that you should consider.

Well today while checking the material for my studies I accidentally found out about a thing called confirmation bias. The related topic that could be of interest - Pygmalion effect. These theories can be applied in lots of fields, so search for more articles on the web if interested.

By this post I address those who are not as narrow-minded as some of the authors of the recent posts. If you're willing to learn about alternatives, go and do some reading instead of fantasizing

[edit on 10/12/2006 by The Conspiracy Follower]

Good post

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The number thing is not an aspect in my life... either numbers aren't trying to "talk" to me, or Im just playing sceptik. I think it is so facinating however.
Numbers are EVERYWHERE as everyone has pretty well pointed out... EVERYWHERE... and more often than not you are going to run into repeating numbers. You figure, your average life is what, 80 years? How many times in 80 years are you going to be rang up $6.66? Coincidence...

I do believe that some people are... "plagued" if you will, with numbers and I find it very freaky. The member who sees 39 everywhere for 10 years...
Although I just want to say, seeing 666 in places or repeating numbers is not anything to get worked up about. I would start to worry when 666 shows up EVERYWHERE... in your sleep, work, school, children, parents, friends, blah blah... not TV's, cash registers, or signs.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
i haven't read the entire thread yet. before i do i wanted to add that i have a strong presence of 5 in my life. my bday adds up to 5. my soc sec # has five 5's in it and adds up to 5. etc. i have always found it strange and thought maybe someone here can give me some insight.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hey guys,

I just went through random observation of my family history, I'll try and keep the personal details out and show the points...

I came to some quite revealing observation with numbers... In fact I stumbled over it accidently with shivers... The tragedy is what me thinking me even more.

In the family, there was a significant tragedy many years ago. My Grandparents who died in a fatal crash. It was a head on collision with another car on a pretty safe stretch of road, nearly all passengers in the other car died too . I have not met my grandparents in my time unfortunatley. I wouldn't be here writing this today if they were alive. lf they were alive I'm sure most of the present grandchildren would'nt even exist. As life is a pure random event, life would go on a different path. All it takes is one moment, and that moment can determine a life and everything after it. It's almost is we are more affected by what was before us than what what might even affect us now, and what affects me right now will forever change the future,.if that's make sense.. sounds all confusing i know.. lol..

As children they lost the very thing that they need the most in life to help even help themselves come through a tragedy like this. So It has being a real journey.

The facinating thing is, almost everything about this event in the family leads to 7 when dates and records times accordingly so., Even events that are playing away now keeping coming back to the family history and the relation to number 7. The time place and the accident itself all come to seven. Names, births and total siblings etc most of which come to 7 too. I mean shockingly weird and coincidental. I know 7 is a significant number too, so it got me even more thinking! It's like i have to know what its means, and to be honest I'm not sure why I feel this way..

I would really appreciate your views and thoughts on it, or if any of you could explain what the number 7 is playing out or saying... Thanks.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have studies some into Numerology (by study I mean read a few books)

But by doing the little "tests" (such as adding up the numeric values of the letters in your name) I have come across some interesting results.

I have a brother. Both of us have 6 letters in each name (first, middle, last)

We both have 7 vowels and 11 constanants.

Both of our "power" numbers is 3.

None of this is really significant, I just thought it was pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Let me have a say here. The thing thats a bit of a "debunker" on numbers when it comes to clocks is that no or very very few clocks on this planet has the exact same time on display. That would mean that all you clock watchers have an communication to every clock you have number experience with.

What kind of sense would that make.

My myself thinks this is a very intresting matter. I have a vierd relationship with my internet bank number generator. I allways think that I have gotten the same number or at least a combination of numbers very often.

When it comes to waking up in the morning, i never use a alarmclock. Im usually up sharp at 7.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I have always seen 808, mostly on a clock.
Nowadays, I am waking up to 909, 11.11, 12.12, everytime I look at a clock it is always at a number that is repeated, to the point where it really bothers me.
808 state

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I read this thread a month ago or near that length ago..
anyway, since then, i was looking at clocks more, for a couple of weeks after, and not seeing it much, unless i deliberately tried to.

but anyway, recently, this week, i've seen 11:11 way more. and i've since stopped looking for it. so i'm not sure what this means, but thought i'd add my bit.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Alright, well I've been holding off on posting about numbers because some will laugh at me, especially when I say that the numbers I continually see are 420. I don't smoke weed, or do any other drugs, but am aware of the significance of those numbers to some. I see these numbers, in same order everywhere. Starting about 6 months ago. I am curious about what a numerologist would have to say about the specific numbers of the combination. 4/20 happens to be my mother's birthday, but aside from that no signifcance comes to mind other than the other one mentioned above. I've been using them as lottery numbers here and there, but no luck so far.

I don't see 11/11 though, at least not enough to really take note.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Lost has those numbers that seem to have some significance, and 42 is one of them.

I'll take a look into it for you.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by luckyfourteen
I have always seen 808, mostly on a clock.
Nowadays, I am waking up to 909, 11.11, 12.12, everytime I look at a clock it is always at a number that is repeated, to the point where it really bothers me.
808 state

808 is BOB

check out "bob dobbs"

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I was getting stoned with my friend in his car and his odometer was all ones. It was weird. Seeing 111111 was so random, but seemed important to me.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by solidgroundcafe]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidgroundcafe
I was getting stoned with my friend in his car and his odometer was all ones. It was weird. Seeing 111111 was so random, but seemed important to me.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by solidgroundcafe]

mine was just 288888.
i liked it!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

I think the all ones thing happened solely to trip me the f*ck out.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm starting to see 11 11 loads now, and it's worrying.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hi, im new here, and i have been seeing the same numbers since 2003, the numbers are 333 and 104, and 33. I have quite a story to go with these numbers as they unravelled their messages to me. When i first started seeing these numbers starting with 333, it drove me insane to find out what they meant.. When it first started happening, the numbers would actually take on a glow, and kind of throw themselves at me, cause in the beginning i wasnt taking any interest in them. So they made themselves really stand out towards me. I had a sudden feeling they were trying to tell me something, give me a message of some sort. After about a year it all came together for me, i had learnt of their messages. When i tell people on when and where they showed up, it really was an amazing discovery for me. But not everyone has the same meanings for these numbers, there will be a different message for different people. Along this journey i have discovered, that certain people are tired to certain numbers.. Numbers that will follow you around everywhere.. I might post my story with my experiences with these numbers. I havent read all these replys. If i do post my story, i will call it "my experience with 333"

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This happens to me a lot too. I often (if not exclusively) seem to glance at the clock at 19:11 or 22:22.

I have a 'thing' with 1911 anyway. It started when I first saw the Colt 1911 weapon. I liked it, so that number stuck by me. Now, I see it everywhere. There are an incredible amount of historical events that occurred in 1911. When I was studying History it would show up in the timeline for every subject. Then I started seeing it all over the place.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The numbers 311 are a part of my life ever since the year 2000 ( the worst year of my life so far). A lot happened in March (3) 2000. Lost my job to NAFTA, that I was planning to retire on... A very close friend of mine was murdered on march 11 (311), that one still hurts deep every time I think about it. He was buried on 3-15. Okay, I had moved here from another state exactly the date 3-15 1989. In year 2000, it made it 11 years I had moved here and was friends with this person. I believe that I was destined to know him in my life ,to help me(which he did), and I learned so much. Many times I will wake up in middle of night and the clock says 3:11. And to be honest about it, it was always when things were going wrong and I would be bummed out. Raising two boys on your own(no child support!) isn't easy, but I do believe he is my guardian angel and now every time I see 311, it makes my day... Numbers can help you if you let them.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Heres my story :- I always happened to see the numbers 222 everywhere probably for the last 7 yrs or soo,,it got to the stage that i would see it on numerous occasions each day,,i kept this to myself for a while kind of wondering what it meant if anything? Eventually i mentioned to my mum about it and at several times when we were together i would point it out to her,,eg price tag - clock - temp gauge jst whenever it would show up,could this really be all coincidence? Anyway heres the fun part for me, she also told me that i was born at 2.22 am on the 2nd,,now this could all be meaningless but i dont think so too much of a coincidence i think,,i mean i tried it with different numbers 444 - 333 and a few others to see if i brought those to my attention i would begin to see those everywhere,,unfortunately it never happened jst 222 as usual?! anyway read into it as u wish but i try to use the numbers as positive reminders that when i see them i think positive thoughts and ask for the meaning to be shown to me and know that there is a greater power guiding us
good luck

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join