It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numbers and their significance

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Not the flashiest title on ATS, but my attempt to give the Paranormal Forum one place to talk about numbers and their special interest to the ATS community.
In my short time as a moderator her, I've seen several threads devoted to various numbers, most recently 333 and 11:11.
It seems to me if we have one place to talk about these numbers and our experiences with them, we could gain a larger audience and avoid duplicating ideas.

To start off this thread, I have found a link to a piece about numbers from Wheaton College in Wheaton IL. It gives a brief history of numbers and their significance.
Worth a read for all:

"...thou hast ordered all thing in measure, number, and weight" (Wisdom 11:21).

So writes the author of the Apocryphal Old Testament book Wisdom--a text which captures so well the meaning and mystery behind number symbolism in the Middle Ages. Augustine himself suggests that numbers are like the thoughts of God, giving authority and approval to a system of thought that was to permeate medieval culture. Although on the surface number symbolism might appear to be on a par with symbolism from the natural world, there is a difference: both are based on God's signs in nature, but the significance of numbers involves a greater mystery and requires more education to unravel--at least in the more complicated forms prevalent in the Middle Ages.

www.wheaton.edu...

Other ATS references about numbers:
The time when you look at the clock, and what it means
Why do I see this Everywhere???!!
11:11 Is a Wake-Up Call.
Reoccurances Again
42 - Ultimate Answer Playing With My Head
666 research

Anyone seeing way too many 11s on their clocks? (or other places?)
Interested in the 11:11 on the clock?
6:15 in the morning

This post will be updated and/or amended, as needed/required.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
On my daughters 2nd birthday she got ahold of the digital clock and put in the numbers 2-15 which was the date her dad died on after she was born. Thats werid

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I'll add in something too.

I once woke up at the same time in the morning on my birthday that was the same time I was born.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
my number is i see everywhere is 32

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   
This is something I have never done here before, quoting myself...

If anyone would like to test how this sort of Sensitizing works here is how you can do it. Pick up an Encyclopedia at random, and find a topic about which you know nothing at all, the more removed from what you do know the better. Read it carefully, digest every part you can. Follow this up with a little Web Search, read some more.

Then sit back and notice how much about the subject you start to see. Count the number of references that seem to pop up now that you are aware of it.

Sometimes our Subcon will send us signs, and since they can be in any form it is certainly possible that numbers may be it.

But here is the rub, if you cannot make sense out of it then it probably is just what I described above. Your Deeper Self knows you, it knows what you can and cannot recognize. It is not going to send you a sign that will not mean anything to you, what would be the point? We are good enough at driving ourselves crazy we do not need any help with that.

So rather than just post 'I keep seeing 333' ask yourself what has this caused you to do? Does this lead you anywhere?

If the answer is no, then I refer you to the quote. If on the other hand you happen to stop in front of a house with the numbers 333 on it, and meet a woman you fall in love with, then that was a sign.

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I dont know how to feel about this whole number thing. However, I do have a significant number that at the very least tests the notion of "coinicedence"...... 39.

Without getting TOO into it, like most of you, it started with the usual "everytime I look at the clock it says....." Honestly- so what?

But eventually I couldnt resist the temptation of being sucked into probing the issue... I mean it has been occurring well over 10 years at this point.

These days the whole "looking at the clock thing" has become VERY jaded.. happens TOO OFTEN.... What I found interesting are the other places it shows up.... AND more often then not, I can assume 39 will present it self to me...infsact my wife and I Joke about it, like yesterday, before going into a popular deli where you have to "take a number"... I said to her "watch we'll be number 39".. and sure enough. Happens all the time that sometimes i DONT want to see the number...

Anyhow here are a few examples of where it has presented itself over the years. Maybe someone can let me know their thoughts on if it COULD mean anything..
1. License Plate has 39
2. Driver License has 39
3. all but one credit card has 39
4. (I love this one) My house address is 39
5. (this is even better) The longitude and latitude for my house, my job, my previous job all contain 39
6. I was born at 11:39pm
7. total steps in my house is 39
8. jersey number given to me when i was a kid was 39
9. Almost forgot, in numerology, my name adds up to 39 (of coarse then it gets reduced to 3)

I can go on forever. So what do you guys think?

My wife is hoping I dont die at 39 (me either) Ironically, I will be 39 shortly after Dec, 21 2012

Thoughts? For those who claim numbers to be of significance, how would one determine whether the number (39) is a positive thing or a negitive thing in ones life?

Peace

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Serum39]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau
But here is the rub, if you cannot make sense out of it then it probably is just what I described above. Your Deeper Self knows you, it knows what you can and cannot recognize. It is not going to send you a sign that will not mean anything to you, what would be the point? We are good enough at driving ourselves crazy we do not need any help with that.

So rather than just post 'I keep seeing 333' ask yourself what has this caused you to do? Does this lead you anywhere?

I have did this before, its kinda werid, like everytime I`m resaeching something, all of a suuden it shows up like everywhere, why is this?
ed. to shorten quote

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Every moment of every day we are submersed in a sea of information. We take it in via our various senses. There is so much that we must constantly pick and choose that which is important. So we notice the bus that is heading our way but do not notice what sort of candy wrapper is at our feet. If asked you would probably remember some trash, but not the exact details of what the wrapper was, despite the fact that you indeed looked directly at it.

So when we become aware of something, for whatever reason, it stands out because we choose to notice. I am sure you realize Chasrac64 that the things you now notice were in fact always there, it is just now you care.

Like anything we do not understand the effect can be wierd, but this concept it well proven and actually quite simple.

I am not in any way discounting the idea of a Sign, or signal, from ourselves that lead us somewhere important. Sometimes there is something that we need to do that we are not getting. In that case our Deeper Selves (called by many names including Subcon, spirit, whatever) nudge us in a certain direction. I do think it is important to listen and to try and follow these up when they happen.

I go by the idea that a Sign is not a Sign unless it makes sense.

Our Deeper Selves know what we can, and cannot, understand so the idea that something is a Sign but we do not really understand it, to me, is just flat wrong. In my experience it is very common for people who have learned a little about the occult to jump to these sorts of conclusions. It is the job of the Teacher to help the Student sort through these things so that a real Sign or other unconsious Signal can be seen for what it is.

Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar.

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
I dont know how to feel about this whole number thing. However, I do have a significant number that at the very least tests the notion of "coinicedence"...... 39.

Without getting TOO into it, like most of you, it started with the usual "everytime I look at the clock it says....." Honestly- so what?

My Husband was 39 when he died, my Best friend died at 39... I almost died at 36..upside down 9..LOL I`ve had my fair share of the 39 thing.. no thanks to that number...

ed. to shorten quote

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I still ponder about these numbers being some sort of code or something.
Digital code?

Troy

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
WOW! Sorry to hear...

Where the deaths of a natural or freakish nature (if you dont mind me asking) Also, did you make it passed 39 yet?

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
You seem to have an interesting position on this topic and I usually enjoy reading your posts.

Do you have any thoughts on my situation regarding number "39"? I'd like to hear you opinion on the the "coincidences" I provided above.

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I do think there is something behind numbers. Numbers are a universal language and often referred to even in religion. Do they represent something more than we yet know? Perhaps they do. Since there is so much of the brain still unknown the answers may one day be understood when we know more. Until then, it is a fun puzzle to try and put together.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
WOW! Sorry to hear...

Where the deaths of a natural or freakish nature (if you dont mind me asking) Also, did you make it passed 39 yet?

Peace
Actually Husband was killed in a accident on the highway, Then My friend in florida she like o.d on some type of drug, not she what happen . I had`nt heard from her in awhile. Now as for me. Yes Ive made it passed 39. But when I was in the hospital having my daughter I almost died. Then 3 weeks to the date she was born Jeff was killed at the exact same time she was born. Then to top everything off Dale Earnhart was killed 3 days later after Jeff was. That was not a good year for me..

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Alexander I too like reading your post.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Again, so sorry... my heart goes out to you...

Not to be rude and change gears, but have you done any research regarding the number 39? I have but unfortunatley nothing truly significant has stood out to me. On occasion I come across interesting references to 39... but I try not to be quick on the trigger and say "ah ha!"... As with all my conspiracy "research & ideas" I just absorb it all - and let the truth rise to the surface.

Anyhoo, when researching 39 - i tend to come across alot of 13 x 3, ... some masionic stuff too... but the jury is still out.

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
In response to the former "666" board that got moved to here, Nelson Mandela's "46664" campaign has been troubling me the most in relation to 666. I dunno why but I just feel that it is most blatently associated with the number. Even though the organization doesn't seem bad at all. Maybe it is just seeing it written ENORMOUSLY on a huge stage, and all over famous celebrities:

Etc.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I have alot in common with the number 3 with alot of things that have been going on personally with me. ummm, I do not really know where I would research any of this. any Ideas?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
11:11, 12:12, 2:22, 10:10 & 3:33 Ok people first off I want to say "Thank You" for 3 months straight I have been seeing these numbers on my clock daily, its as if I am drawn to look at the clock at these times. I try my hardest when I have the urge to look at the clock not to, because it freaks my wife and I out because it makes no sense. I personally have no idea what this means and why time has chosen these numbers for me to see. I tried playing the lottery but I guess it had nothing to do with fate because I am still a poor slob. I am not into mathmatics so I see no relevance there, personally I have been wondering what Zodiac sign each of us who see's these numbers are to see if this could possibly have to do with time and space. I am a Virgo and would like to compile a database of true accounts of number signs etc. 11:11, 12:12 and location on the planet so If possible please send me a U2u with your Zodiac sign and were you reside and your age and I will start to compile a database to see if by chance there are any links.

thanks again and thanks for being honest because I seriously thought I was going nuts at the young age of 34.

take care and please to make this a true scientific study dont send me a U2u unless this is a true daily reccuring event in your life as it is in mine.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
they say the mark of the best will be upon his brow, well if it is 616 then pay attention to the lines in ones forhead, when i look in a mirror they look exactly like 616 so i think it has to deal more with the way the "Anti" will hold its emotions. maby since its backwards on me im the messiah? lmao yeah right, oh well thats my thought on it

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join