It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galactic Conquest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Any of you heard of this game? It's a free MMORPG space conquest style of game that is simply a blast! On the surface, it's a simple space combat game where you do research, build ships, and explore/conquer planets, expanding your empire. After you get used to the interface, however, it becomes so much more.

After you've gotten used to it, you can play several different roles, depending on the race you select. You can play an economic game, a battle game, a conquest game, an imperialist style game, and, regardless of race, a political game. I've been playing the game long enough to where I've even written an FAQ on "stacking," which is how you set up your fleet to be the most effective in taking out other fleets. Every ship has strengths and weaknesses, so there is no universal, end all be all fleet you can create, although some try (I like attacking those folks, they're easy to flatten
).

You can also establish a federation of up to 21 different empires. Back in the day I had started one named Seaweed Rapture and had an epic battle against the "old guard," the federation that had been #1 for over a year. It was beautiful! I had covert ops in their fed, alliances with other feds, and even uncovered agents in my federation which I fed semi-bogus information when needed (otherwise they were given true, uncritical information so it seemed like I trusted em
). After about two months, my fed was number 2, and a month after that we had toppled the top federation, causing most of the members to quit and join up my fed or one of my satellite feds (since you can only have 21 members).

So, I'm thinking, we need to get 20 other ATSers and start an Above Top Secret federation and dominate the galaxy! Plus, it's one of the most popular online space conquest games out there, so it'd be good publicity for ATS, too! After all, if we use our collective intelligence and our knowledge of conspiracy to blow all of those other, petty little federations to kingdom come, they may think about coming here to find out more about this incredible site that spawns space masters!

The URL is spacefed.com...

Click on Galactic Conquest. I haven't ever gotten any junk mail from them, and when I got my new email address that was one of the first places I changed it. That and ATS. No spam

Any questions or anything I can help ya with, please feel free to ask. My name is QBert on Galactic Conquest's Real Time server (you get a turn every 8 seconds). Either ask me there or on this thread. Hope to see many of you out there!

[edit on 8-3-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Nothin'?! But I want an Above Top Secret federation! I could even help ya out in some...other ways after you figure out the dynamics of the game! It'll be fun, come on! Imagine how great it would feel to get to ravage JungleJake's empire every day!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I guess I could give it a try... besides... there is no such thing as Space Conquest without a SpaceBall involved.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Just one question... when it says Empire Name.. does it want the ATS thing, or does it want like a Darkhelmet name?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
checking it out now

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I just joned it. I made my empire Nickel Force. LoL

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Empire name is the name of your personal empire. The Above Top Secret thing is a federation, which I'll start post-haste! Post your empire names or U2U them to me, and I'll invite you to the federation! Rock, rock on! Finally my dreams for galactic domination are coming true!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
I just joned it. I made my empire Nickel Force. LoL

Which one did you join? I just tried sending a message to ya to invite you into the Above Top Secret federation. FYI, I am currently playing on Galactic Conquest (top game when first getting there) on the Real Time server.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Maybe I should post AFTER I sign-up...lol

Anyway, My Empire Name is also the name of my (Dark Helmet) ship: SpaceBall1

[edit on 5-8-2005 by DarkHelmet]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Woot, Commander Keen (crazy kid!) just joined up, too! Our federation is growing, albeit slowly. People on the game are also asking to join, and I'm telling them they need to send me a U2U before they can get in, so folks may start coming to ATS because of this, too!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
i just joined galactic conquest my empires name is THX1138 and ill join your federation

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Sounds cool, I'm just a little overMMORPG'ed at the moment. And a turn every 8 seconds sounds like it'd take over your life.

Is it anything like www.ogame.org...

I've been playing that space game, but HATE it! Once you start these things, and knowwwww you've got an account out there, you just have to log in and do things.

:bnghd:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I've found this game to be somewhat just a little confusing... Once I get more into reading FAQ's and stuff... I should be able to get it a lot more.

[edit on 9-8-2005 by DarkHelmet]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Rant, the great thing about this game, the Galactic Conquest version, is there's a way to set up your empire so you can play only when you feel like it. I go for weeks at a time without even logging in, but when I come back, my empire, assuming no one has blown up the galaxy, is just as mighty as it was when I left it.

DarkHelmet, you can IM me on AOL at junglejake2. I was walking CmdrKeenKid through some of the beginning steps of the game. Also, the "Missions" link does a great job of showing you how to get your empire started, and for every mission you pass you get some kind of bonus, be it research, money, ships, or planets.

THX1138 (once known as obiwan15
), to join the federation, Above Top Secret, click on the "Intelligence" link and search for the empire "QBert". Then click on the QBert link to get my empire's profile. About half way down on that page, you'll notice something that says "Above Top Secret" with a link beneath it. Click on that link, and then click on "Join Fed" on the left to submit an application. I'll keep my eye out for ya

Also, if you try to join but don't put your empire name on this thread, you'll have to send me a U2U. Other empires in the game have been trying to join, too, and I'm telling them ATS membership is manditory, so they have to send a U2U to junglejake with their empire name to get into the federation. Fun!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Sorry about the delay, Obiwan, you're in the fed now

We just need one more player before we can declare war on another federation and have us some butt-kickin' fun!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This game is friggen awesome! I donno what else to say!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
This game is friggen awesome! I donno what else to say!

You can say you've grown mighty! You can say that the galaxy is the perfect place for Commander Keen to romp and stomp taking over the whole of it! You could talk about the savage battles you've engaged in, the dedicated research, or even the manipulative plays on the market! You could talk about the adrenaline running through your veins as your Hercules class juggernaught rips through space to engage your enemy and leave his fleet hulking wrecks floating in the void!

Or you could talk about how wonderful your benevolent federation leader is

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
hey i started an empire
let me join your thingo
im Tiddly54

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hey this is fun!. You wouldnt have anytips or a newbie would ya? Anyway my empire is Grunz

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
hehe I have a plethora of tips! I've been playing for 3 years!

I haven't been able to get on due to time constraints the past week and a half, but I'll let y'all into the federation as soon as I can.

Since, when you start, you're terran, Research commercial almost exclusivly. You want one level in the other infrastructure technologies, (I'll explain why in a moment), but it's good for Terrans to keep about a 20:1 ratio of commercial to agriculture as they develop. The rest don't matter to you, and don't build or research industry! You have a -90% bang against you in developing it, so just buy goods from the market to make a 20% profit on your investment (Goods are sold for $4, but your population "buys" them at $5, so it's an assured investment that won't fail).

Do the missions! Every mission you complete gives you a bonus of some sort, including levels of research, as long as you already have 1 level in that area of research. I believe the only things Terrans get bonuses on are Agriculture, Commercial and housing.

Finally, don't worry about artifacts until you have a good foundation on the game. Artifacts can be cool, but they take a major time investment to get working, and when you first start your time is better spent researching. There are very few players who have large stockpiles of artifacts, but if you use an artifact against one of those empires, you could have to reset your empire, meaning you'll lose all of everything. I'm actually one of those players and taught someone a hard lesson after several warnings to them went unheeded
Actually, I think the warnings made them use even more of their artifacts against me. He wasn't very happy when I bankrupted him, destroyed most of his infrastructure, and wiped out his mineral reserves

Hope this helped, if you have any specific questions, I find it easier to be on ATS than SpaceFed, so I'll be around

new topics

top topics

join