It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me this is a joke...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
well, im sorry to say it but the british are becoming pansies. thats about all im even going to say.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There is no inherent conflict with the Bedfordshire Police Dress Code of January 2003 (April 2005 Revision), Clause 2 Sub-Clause 13.1: Shoes/Boots.

www.bedfordshire.police.uk...

So long as the socks are plain black or dark blue.

Phew.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Look at all the american replies!!!!

You know you've got a gun problem when your worried about a police officer being shot during a house search

I could 100% gaurentee that i could break into every house on my street (in theory for debate purpose only, i'm a law abiding citizen really) in the middle of the night and would have no worries of being shot or killed, good kicking maybe but not killed. How many of you septic's could say that?

My point is relivant because if we did have a gun problem and they legal and freely available these 18 rules wouldnt exist, so who ever has made these rules is looking at it from our point of view, not yours. Anyway are you lot gulible enough to think that in the current climate if it was terrorism they were suspected of then our boys in blue would take their shoe's off at the door then you live up to your reputation quite well

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
A terrorist's easy defence would be to scatter tacks all over the hallway floor just before the cops bust in.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Our boys wouldnt bother him at his house, just wait till he makes a dash for the tube then shoot him, end of. presuming he's the right guy of course

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Netchicken
BWAHAHAHA! Yes! The triumphant return of the caltrop as a weapon for use in modern warfare! Sweet!

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Are Flip-Flops or sandals ok?

BTW, you DID ask us to tell you that this was a joke..

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
"Please, take your shoes off if you are going to arrest me. I don't mind the M-4 pointed at my face or the berreta side arm, but for Allah sake take of the shoes!"

Normally I would have a remark but I'm laughing too hard!!!!

cjf

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by djohnsto77
As I mentioned above (but everyone seems to have ignored) it was mentioned in The Daily Mail, a respectable British paper published since the 1800s...

....which supported Hitler.

That is a very big stretch and such a small one lined statement when targeted at discrediting an entire source. The paper, at the relevant time of your jab, supported Neville Chamberlain and his approach to Nazi Germany, (aka peace and appeasement) as did a number of other persons, voters, governments and leaders. Rothermere, knows first hand how these policies finally 'worked-out'.

History does repeat itself now doesn’t it councilor?

cjf

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ernold Same
Look at all the american replies!!!!

about a police officer being shot during a house search

I could 100% gaurentee that i could break into every house on my street (in theory for debate purpose only, i'm a law abiding citizen really) in the middle of the night and would have no worries of being shot or killed, good kicking maybe but not killed. How many of you septic's could say that?

You're right, point taken; however no bombs going off here.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by skippytjc

And your right, this says PR all over it. .

Hmmmm.... Let met think. Maybe Just maybe a man with 6 holes in the head and one in the shoulder. Maybe peoples house being raided and them haveing nothing to do with anything.

I also think thier "swat" can do what ever they think is nessary.

This feels like propaganda, alot comes from your great link.

Nah Cobra, while I can appreciate your (and many others) desire to bash your government (and any other free world government) and their policies, the fact remains. WE are civilized, WE have rules and laws and follow them, WE have the right to bash our governments and voice any opinions we want about them, WE create laws and rules to protect minority groups, WE accept everyones right to follow whatever religion they want.

On the otherhand... well, I'm sure you can appreciate how open and warm and understanding the fanatical extremist is.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Think I'm going to create my own religion based on the rules of arrest the Muslims have.

1. You can only arrest me on a Monday morning (i hate Mondays)

2. Forced entry is unacceptable. you will be hit by the new bible according to BikerEddie.

3. Entry to my home is only with the consent of all who live there.(a unanimous vote is the new biblical law according to Biker Eddie)

4. Once arrested, a supply of nicotine and alcohol is the WRITTEN law (according to BikerEddie).

OK, how do i register this new Bible folks?
Like the Police are going to respect that religion.

Seems that if you follow a certain religion, you can be exempt from certain Laws.
I am all for letting people practicing any religion, but when it gives you a right to be above the law, then that is totally ludicrous.

Do you honestly think that a terrorist would be able to ask the police to remove their shoes before they could gain access to the house?
Never..

Absolutely laughable....

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
In reply to your opening plea. This is a joke.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Let me get this straight, after a bobbie's been wearing his boots all day he has to take them off? *put them back on, put them back on*pheew*

Ok lets move on here, whats the deal with dog's? Id think a drug or explosives interdiction would require a dog. Unless they actually do have explosives and drugs, or maybe that giant pic of Bin Ladin on the wall (you know how that sets them off)
No pictures? No wonder we can't get the bolo's right. As for the women, aren't there women jihadists too? I can just see the mug shot now decked out in an all black burkha, subject stands 5 feet 3 inches ... wait a minute, she's got shoes on

I recall that bust earlier this week and I didn't pay attention to the ski-masks and whether or not they took their shoes off.

How long before wind of this gets out to the rest of the world and we all get saddled with ridiculous regs that aren't going to protect and very likely will impede any arrest attempt. If I were a criminal in England, I'd convert yesterday. No pictures, my wife is present. No shoes, my God is present. No entry, my bombs are present... "just a minute"

This is a joke.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
no way would this happen in reality, it's a health and safety issue, plain and simple a police mans footwear is there to protect his feet in the course of his work, he would be open to all sorts of foot injury in a house raid which would leave him unable to perform his duties

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The best hoaxes are the ones that are so close to possible it's not funny. Why is everyone taking this so seriously? Because the UK is the most progressive nation on earth when it comes to minorities and regulations/legislation.

The Royal Navy changed its dress code to allow Muslim Wrens to wear their flashhoods full time to appease Islamic custom. Seikhs serving in the Army of India (and thus the British Army) were always allowed to retain their turbans and contrary to popular belief the British did not force Islamic Sepoys to chew pig fat in their pre-loaded musket cartridges. They had changed the sealant before the Indian Mutiny.

If these regulations were real, I'd guess they come under the heading "Not giving them an excuse".

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
A terrorist's easy defence would be to scatter tacks all over the hallway floor just before the cops bust in.

They should use marbles instead.

Less violent, funnier and of course no red stains on a carpet.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I mean honestly, what was the point of this post?

Does this really do anyone any good? Think about it, are you helping the terrorist win? You sound like a double agent!

How can we approach these issues with serious thought when you spam this board with mindless hysteria?

EDIT: Nothing against you personally, but geesh, use common sense! Isn't it ok for a police force to respect its citizens? And do you honestly believe anyone would let terrorist thrive? Can't someone be intelligent enough to differentiate between the two? Apparently you don't think so.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by curme]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Ok.

The Brit police take their shoes off when raiding a muslim home (yeah right), while the Yanks give jobs and healthcare to illegal Mexicans (right, yeah?)

These threads are a waste of space. This place is becoming a kindergarten for adults.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Yea like I'm going to remember to take my shoes off before shooting one of these so called Terrorists who may have just caused a large amout of hurt and even dead men, women, and children. It is looking like it it did when we were in Vietnam. We have to tie one hand behind our back and just try real hard to be polite. People, this is pure bullshirt. Can one who is rational explain to me why this is.? The last time I checked, we were still at war but leave it to the press and members of Congress and the House are letting "Political Correctness" rule the war. I thought war was in theory the action of overcoming their enimas. I say the he!! with it due to the fact our men and women are actually being slaughtered every day. I would bet that if the people with whom we put into public office would have a shirt fit if they had to send one of their daughters or sons over to the sand pit. Before all is said and done, our troops will eventually have to surrender their weapons and start usling slingshots for battle.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join