It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me this is a joke...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
No way, no flipping way.....

Let me get this straight: The British police cannot wear shoes while raiding a Muslims home? I don’t allow people to wear shoes in my house, can I request that if my local police ever decide to raid me that they need to take theirs off? This is over board, read these new rules they must follow before raiding a Muslims home. Think that bad? read on...

Article

“POLICE have been told to take their shoes off and not use sniffer dogs when raiding Muslim homes.

An 18-point guide issued by Bedfordshire Police lists dos and don'ts when dealing with Muslims who are suspected of terrorist or drugs offences.

The guidelines state that 'the Muslim community feels victimized and suspicious of counter terrorist police operations and in the current climate a search at a British Muslim household has the potential to become a critical incident and come under intense scrutiny'.

It then lists 18 points police officers should note.

These include:

• Rapid entry needs to be the last resort and raids into Muslim houses are discouraged for a number of religious dignity reasons.

• Police should seek to avoid looking at unclad Muslim women and allow them an opportunity to dress and cover their heads.

• For reasons of dignity officers should seek to avoid entering occupied bedrooms and bathrooms even before dawn.

• Use of police dogs will be considered serious desecration of the premises and may necessitate extensive cleaning of the house and disposal of household items.

• Advice should be sought before considering the use of cameras and camcorders due to the risk of capturing individuals, especially women, in inappropriate dress.

• Muslim prisoners should be allowed to take additional clothing to the station.

• If people are praying at home officers should stand aside and not disrupt the prayer. They should be allowed the opportunity to finish.

• Officers should not take shoes into the houses, especially in areas that might be kept pure for prayer purposes.

• In the current climate the justification for pre-dawn raids on Muslim houses needs to be clear and transparent.

• Non-Muslims are not allowed to touch holy books, Qurans or religious artifacts without permission. Where possible, Muslim officers in a state of 'Wudhu' (preparation before prayer) should be used for this purpose.”

This friends, is the reason why we may lose this war. Talk about the ULTRA LEFT wingers getting to powerful.

They can shoot at us from their mosques, but we need to follow 18 rules of ediquette before we can engage them? *smacks head*

[edit on 3-8-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
it looks like the luton local cops, for PR reasons, have these rules.

I bet a UK swat team could do whatever they wanted to do in the name of getting the bad guy

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
the best way to avoid those rules is to convert to Islam and go into mosques and arrests the suspects and then deconvert.
, also to deal with terrorists suspects armed with high power rifles is to charge through the door with the sacred Koran. no doubt even the Islamic terrorists who are very religious would never dare shoot through the Koran to take down the British police.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
it looks like the luton local cops, for PR reasons, have these rules.

I bet a UK swat team could do whatever they wanted to do in the name of getting the bad guy

You must agree this is sureal, it really is. How can we respect thier property (they as in suspected terrorist, not all Muslims) if they have zero respect for ours? Or their own for that matter?

This is way to liberal guys, this is trouble in the making...

And your right, this says PR all over it. I just hope tha no police officers get killed as a result.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

It's from jihadwatch.org, of course it's a joke! Does anyone take that site seriously?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

It's from jihadwatch.org, of course it's a joke! Does anyone take that site seriously?

Um, Yes. All they do is compile news form other sources. This is a real story from www.lsnmedia.co.uk... , so your wrong.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I've heard the same story on major news reports, I don't think this is a joke.

Here's another source:

Leaked guidelines from the Bedfordshire force say that when officers raid Muslim homes they should remove their shoes, not use dogs and not mount pre-dawn raids because at that hour people might by 'spiritually busy'.

Daily Mail

Political correctness is as much a threat as the terrorists themselves IMHO.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I only found this story on the BNP site and WorldNetDaily, besides the link provided.

I think it's not so much a joke as a bull# story produced to generate anti-muslim sentiment.

Or maybe it's a ridiculous reality, brought on by the politically correct foolishness.

I'm waiting for verification from a thoroughly believable source, before I take this at face value.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

And your right, this says PR all over it. .

Hmmmm.... Let met think. Maybe Just maybe a man with 6 holes in the head and one in the shoulder. Maybe peoples house being raided and them haveing nothing to do with anything.

I also think thier "swat" can do what ever they think is nessary.

This feels like propaganda, alot comes from your great link.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, the article quotes an unnamed police spokesperson as a source. It claims to have been printed in a newspaper, can anyone across the pond confirm this? I didn't have any luck, but I only searched briefly.

I don't know about this...

Seems a bit contrived, and the sources carrying it? MyPetJawa, ISN, BNP.org, WorldNetDaily...

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
jihadwatch falls under the same group as jewwatch,Godhatesfags,redwatch,etc. All are made by far right groups

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
jihadwatch falls under the same group as jewwatch,Godhatesfags,redwatch,etc. All are made by far right groups

That may be true, but just because they carry a story doesn't mean that it's bogus.

As I mentioned above (but everyone seems to have ignored) it was mentioned in The Daily Mail, a respectable British paper published since the 1800s...

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
dj
Sorry, I missed your post. I checked that link you provided, and it claims the document was leaked. The other sites claim it was an anonymous police spokesman. So, I wonder what the deal is. Did a police spokesperson leak the memo, or did someone make it up and say it was leaked?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
As I mentioned above (but everyone seems to have ignored) it was mentioned in The Daily Mail, a respectable British paper published since the 1800s...

....which supported Hitler.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The fact the police spokesman was 'anonymous' which is hardly official procedure clearly shows it was a 'leak'.
Basically someone who works for the police, maybe a civvie in the office, read the guidelines and spilt the beans. It's posh talk for 'someone on the inside told us, but they don't want to get the sack'.

And I've been in police raids before, both rightly and wrongly. I've been strip searched down to nothing and had to do the whole bend over, lift this, etc thing. It's not nice but I didn't get all funny about it because when your under suspicion of being involved of a crime, rightly or wrongly, it's normal procedure and they are doing our job.
Incidently the times I was strip searched I hadn't done anything wrong, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Once however, once, out of several raids I had commited a relatively minor offence, but I didn't get searched to the same extent.

They pull your house apart, smash your door in, point guns at you.. so what.. they are doing their job and in my experience as long as you co-operate and don't give them hell they are fine about the whole thing. Jeez even the time I had done something wrong they still gave me a lift 20 miles back home after charging me, which they don't have to.

In this country you follow this countries rules, look at some of our people who have been arrested in other countries and what's happened to them, sentanced to a life in prison in horrendous conditions for little or nothing. We have to abide by other countries laws with NO EXCEPTIONS and NO special treatment, so why should anyone get it here?

People are eager to be treated 'the same as everyone else' apart from when it doesn't suit them..

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The "current cicrcumstances" that would elevate cultural sensitivity to the point of protocols like that is somewhat plausible.

But the possibility of Bedfordshire Police acting alone on such guidelines constructed only for their precinct is totally and utterly implausible.

The story is a crock, no matter who carries it or which members believe it.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
"Please, take your shoes off if you are going to arrest me. I don't mind the M-4 pointed at my face or the berreta side arm, but for Allah sake take of the shoes!"

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well the truth is that the majority of muslims are extremely peaceful people and would never resist arrest. It is only those who have combined the militant parts of the koran that we have major problems with. And most muslims consider them to be "misguided".

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
No police officer with any brains would follow those rules, thats ridiculous if these people are suspected of terrorism. Do what evers needed. They can't be aloud to blow up civilians and then expect police forces to treat them with respect. I hope this is a joke.

Vorta

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
"Please, take your shoes off if you are going to arrest me. I don't mind the M-4 pointed at my face or the berreta side arm, but for Allah sake take of the shoes!"

couldnt have said it better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join