It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone need any Islamic questions answered?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Do Muslims believe that Mohamed actually spread god's message to the Jinn? Do they take physical form?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Not sure what you're talking about spam. Muhammad didn't spread any message to the jinn. No, jinn do not take physical form. I think (though I am not sure), that they are supposed to be made of fire. They are not visible to people.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
hi
i might be able to help. I dont think Muhammad (pbuh) spread the word to the jinn. The jinn themselves are mentioned in the Quran as being basically a race of beings seperate from humans.
I think when Muhammad (pbuh) was reciting the Quran, a group of jinn were listening. The corresponding verse is:

"Recall that we directed a number of jinns to you, in order to let them hear the Quran. When they got there, they said, "Listen." As soon as it was over, they rushed to their people, warning"
(46:29)

and also:

"Say, "I was inspired that a group of jinns listened, then said, `We have heard a wonderful Quran."#(72:1)

what i find particularly interesting about this surah, is that continuing on this theme, it says later (that the jinn were saying):

"We have no idea if something bad is intended for the inhabitants of Earth, or if their Lord wills to redeem them"
(72:10)

taken with an earlier verse which says (again, the jinn are saying this):

"We touched the heaven and found it filled with formidable guards and projectiles"
(72:8)

i believe that the jinn are extraterrestrial in nature.

just my humble opinion :-)

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
i also wanted to add (because i didnt really address it in my last post) about the jinn taking physical form.

They were indeed created from fire, before God created mankind.

When the Jinn listened in to the recital of the Quran given by Muhammad (pbuh), he only knew they were there when God told him so.

Some people are of the opinion that the reason for this, is that they had taken on the physical form of humans.

Another interesting thing is that in the Quran, it says that men nor jinn will penetrate space or earth without the permission of God.
Whether that means both will need permission to enter both things.....or that man will need permission to enter space and jinn will need it for earth, is a matter of opinion.

Personally, like i said before, i think they are the ancient race. Whether they were banished from earth i dont know. But the fire thing and the fact that the Quran also tells us that there was a long period of time when man was not even thought of.....definitely makes me think that there was SOMETHING before us.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Jinn are able to take many forms including Human and animal forms. And yes they are quite a few people who can see jinn. Prophet Mohamed peace be upon him was sent to Jinn and Mankind. I personally know of a man who can see jinn openly like we see regualr humans infront of our eyes.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I have a few questions for you
1)Why is it that at the begining of Islam the Koran/Quran states that when the muslims were being persecuted by the pagans (not allowed to worship in the temple) that they could work together in peace etc but when the muslim community gets larger it then wants to wipe all religions of the face of the planet and starts to persecute any non muslim?
2)Who told Mohammed that he had had a vision from God/Angel? and why did no-one else see the vision that took up half the sky?

It is also possible that by sitting in a cave for a few days that Mohammeds brain chemistry changed causing hallucinatory neurotransmitters to give him visions. It is well known that some psychedelic experiences have a religious slant to them i.e feeling godlike.

G

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
1) The muslims threwout history have worked with their fellow brothers/sisters nonmuslims all they did is impose the jizya or taxes on them. They allowed them to worship in their own temples etc. Things that co insided with muslim law like the women covering were imposed on everyone because one of the main reasons is that muslim men should be watching their gazes etc. They didn't want to convert the whole world or kill them. People were smart enough to get out of the heavy taxes by converting.. but if you only did that to get out of the taxes you would only be fooling yourself. Nonmuslims are to be treated like every human being ..in a proper manner .. not what these extremist do and go around killing people who are civilians this is strictly forbidden.

2) Prophet Mohamed (peace be upon him) had visions .. miracles etc. The visions what we called kashf is only seen by sometimes the person or only by a few ppl. I myself have had a few kashf experiances my self. Miracles on the other hand like Prophet Mohamed (peace be upon him) splitting the moon and water gushing forth from his hands were seen by many people. The splitting of the moon was seen in India by a hindu king who embraced Islam after and died in what is now in Yemen. Not everything can be explained by science my friend. Maybe we havent reached the scientific level as yet. But things I have seen...done.. science can't be explained. Allah knows best about everything. Brother as a muslim I must submit to whtever the Quran and hadith states. I urge you to make a prayer .. asking Allah to enlighten your heart and to explain things that you need clarifying on inshallah (God willing).

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Why should I believe your religion over any other???

G

top topics

<< 1   >>

join