It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the masons and the pine cone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
my first post here i go lol

i notice alot of the masonic symbology in the area in wich i live in north eastern pennsylvania. the most noteable is when you walk into the masonic temple and lok up the cieling is covered in a golden grid with a rather large very detailed pine cone in the center of each square, my idea for why it is so important is the pine cone being an expression of the golden ratio in very good form. but i could be wrong and thats why im curious if anyone has anything else to offer

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annacryst
my idea for why it is so important is the pine cone being an expression of the golden ratio in very good form.

That is very possible. The Golden Ratio is definitely the most important part of Euclid's 47th problem, but I'm not sure how a pine cone is such a good expression of that principle..? Care to explain?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Welcome aboard!

i notice alot of the masonic symbology in the area in wich i live in north eastern pennsylvania. the most noteable is when you walk into the masonic temple and lok up the cieling is covered in a golden grid with a rather large very detailed pine cone in the center of each square, my idea for why it is so important is the pine cone being an expression of the golden ratio in very good form. but i could be wrong and thats why im curious if anyone has anything else to offer

Are you sure it's a pine cone? Here's the website that gives a tour of the Grand Lodge Temple in PA, I looked through it, but didn't see what you were referring to. If I missed it, please let me know where it is so I can take a look.

www.pagrandlodge.org...

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Masonic Light]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
im not very good at math so please excuse if i try to explain this a bit over simplified.

the pattern around the pine cone is a bunch of 3 dimentional inter twineing fibonacci spirals. as well for some unknown at least to me reason you can make a seed sprout without dirt or water if you concentrate an electricle charge into a fractal pine cone pattern, as well the pineal gland is the center as well as the only part of the brain that is not split into hemispheres as well pineal is latin for "looks or shaped like a pinecone" so i hope that made enopugh sense lol i tend to not be able to express stuff as easily as i should, have a mild for of functionautism called asperger syndrome so bear with me. basicly bad communication skills with no effect on IQ

also the specific temple is no longer in use. it located in scranton pennsylvania and i believe its named now as the scranton cultural center. they pine cones are immediately when you walk into the first set of doors on the cieling

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Annacryst]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

It is likely a representation of a Beehive, which is part of the lecture of the Master Mason degree.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The Beehive is an emblem of industry, the freemasons use it to remind them that we were born rational and intelligent beings so we should always be industrious ones, using the gifts and tools the Deity has provided for us through our birth as well as through our education. Never to sit while a fellow creature may be in want if it is within our power to fix.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I wonder if it could be corn?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiggy

That is also another thing I was thinking as well. That is also important in a different degree, one of the cooler lectures to give...

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by No1tovote4

Originally posted by wiggy

That is also another thing I was thinking as well. That is also important in a different degree, one of the cooler lectures to give...

COULD BE.. If you take a tour of the temple, it seems like the main theme throughout is the orders of architecture. For example, one room is called the Ionic Hall, another is the Corinthian Hall, at the entrance they have five columns... Hint hint

[edit on 3-8-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Cornucopia rules.

I could have been with the beehive, although it's not a universal Masonic symbol and I wouldn't expect it to be so prominent.

It has been talked about at ATS before between brethren from North America and from civilization.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I could have been with the beehive, although it's not a universal Masonic symbol and I wouldn't expect it to be so prominent.

It has been talked about at ATS before between brethren from North America and from civilization.

Yeah right! I know that the only reason it was discussed here on ATS is because some dork thinks that the beehive is a symbol of a bunch of busy bees who ONLY know what's going on inside the beehive, and keep everyone else out! Those damn super-secretive masons!

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
i was in northeast PA this last weekend and i have to agree with one thing you said...there are ALOT of masons out there...as for the pine cone, i have no idea.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Pine Cone - Immortality and Fertility The ancient Greeks and Assyrians viewed the pine cone "as a symbol of masculinity because of its phallic shape. It formed the apex of the thyrsus staff, which represented both fertility and immortality". As the emblem of Artemis, it represented feminine purity. It was also the emblem of the Roman goddess Venus (Aphrodite). In Christianity, the pine cone forms the crown of the Tree of Life. Because of its swirling form, it is associated with "dynamic generative and cosmic power."

www.savinggraves.org...

Just something I found. Not sure of the credibility

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
heres one thing if rogt to mention, the masonic temple im speaking of is also accociated with the scottish rite. not sure if that makes a difference at all. but yes im sure they are pine cones and not beehives i went today and checked again to make sure. that is interesting about the great philosophy of it as well.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It sounds like it is close, and convineint for you to visit. There would be no one more knowledgeable of the meaning in this circumstance than a member of that lodge. Try talking to them a little, they are nice, and dont bite too hard.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

heres one thing if rogt to mention, the masonic temple im speaking of is also accociated with the scottish rite. not sure if that makes a difference at all.

The Scottish Rite Valley of Philly meets at that temple, as do MANY other bodies of Freemasonry, such as the Knights Templar Grand Commandery of Penn, the Grand Holy Royal Arch Chapter of Penn, etc. etc. It doesn't really mean much, as all those bodies are part of Freemasonry.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
thank you all youve been very helpfull and i will definitely ask next time i can.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
No problem, glad to see someone is actually wanting to know about this, and not just making blind assumptions about world dommination.

Fear the Pinecone.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If possible you might post some pictures.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I looked at that PA Grand Lodge website last night... Holy moly that's a nice facility. Some of the most beautiful Lodge Rooms I've ever seen. I particularly liked the Egyptian Hall. Absolutely incredible.

Here's a thought about the pine cone: not only could the pine cone be a referance to the Golden Ratio, but it could also be a symbol of eternity. I mean it does come from an evergreen tree after all. Kind of like saying "everything needed to grow a mighty Oak is found in an acorn." Perhaps it is a symbol representing the potential of Man?

[edit on 8/5/05 by The Axeman]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join