It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Oil, High Gas?.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Many people say that the war in Iraq was about oil, but if that is true, why are gas prices in America so #in high?

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The pipeline isn't operational yet. We haven't started importing their oil yet, I don't think. Even when they get free oil, they're not going to just give it away. I doubt gas prices will ever go back down. Now that they've figured out they can price gouge, do you seriously think they're going to stop?

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
Do you seriously think they're going to stop?

# no, but eventually it's going to get rediculous (more than it already is). But then again, what can we do about it? We need to get around. Damn oil #s and their greedyness.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
When do you think the pipeline will be opened and fully operational?

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Two words:

"Fleecing America."

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10
When do you think the pipeline will be opened and fully operational?

October 23rd, at precisely 1:07:13AM(CST) But I really doubt I'm correct.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Yep MA, you said it all.

They do it cuz they can.

They do this every year, citing accidents in one oil refinery, or decreased output, or natural disaters, hot or cold winters, ect. They come up with any excuse. When the demand is high, prices go up. Its summer time, roadtrip season, and since they cant come out and say, were jacking you of more money because we know we can. So, they cite this and that as the cause, and people eat it up like candy.

I wish my ex boyfriend hadnt wrecked my car, it was an 84 honda CRX that got 45 miles to the gallon. Now i got a gas guzzling beat up buick instead, and these new gas prices really hurt

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Like everything, there is a limit....

Put gas at an average of over $2 a gallon for regular unleaded, and I'll vote AGAINST every incumbent just for the hell of it....

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Artificially elevated prices to help with the anxiety build up.

Consider this: OPEC sharply cut production during GW2 (perhaps as a silent object to our invasion?)

OPEC reconvenes Sept 7, ostensibly to discuss raising or lowering production... and also to take up the issue of the oil standard currency... (which is what got us into Iraq in the first place)

We have already rattled our sabre at both Iran and Syria, both of whom have votes in OPEC, both of whom support the currency conversion.

What happens next hinges on what Saudi Arabia will vote... although they are not as vocal in support of the currency conversion, they do support it to some extent. Saudi was largely put in place by the US, and they have veto rights over the lesser countries, so it all depends on how they vote.

My prediction:

If we feel that Saudi is likely to vote in favor of the conversion, there will likely be another 911 attack, and we will suddenly find a deffinite Saudi link (remember the current noise about Saudi support for 911?) Saddam might even pop up there. Then we roll over the Saudi border and own them like we do Iraq.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Not only anxious, but conditioned! By raising the prices extremely high (and maybe gifting us a national gas shortage a la 1970's) we will be begging for an alternative to fossil fuel.

And they're working on monopolizing alternative energy, once their financial network is in place it will be just a matter of time... and besides, it'll help the trees that we need to cut down to print more of their money.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I thought the blackout had something to do with the current high prices?

It does hurt! my total daily commute is over 70 miles. When I filled up yesterday I paid $1.69 a gallon. this sucks!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ah yes...time for the US to get the collective heads out their arseholes and COME UP WITH A VIABLE ALTERNATIVE!!!

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
I thought the blackout had something to do with the current high prices?

It does hurt! my total daily commute is over 70 miles. When I filled up yesterday I paid $1.69 a gallon. this sucks!

I heard the same thing Bob. I think its more in line with a traveling holiday as well. My daily commute is 70 miles 1-way. Good thing I'm driving a four-banger.

Of course, aren't these prices right in line with what the Greens want? Higher prices so less people can afford to drive? Now we find out that the catalytic converter has been doing more harm than good and that CO2 isn't really a bad gas but the people still advocating thier scientifically invalid agendas refuse to acknowledge it. The people who put forward this ideology one day and then complain at the pump when it is realized the next are most likely the same people that didn't want power plants built in California but complained when they finally realized that it takes electricity to cool their homes, filter their pools and serve them Cafe' Latte's. Then it becomes someone elses fault.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
here in seattle ive seen it as high as 2.09 a gallon for regular unleaded gas. lowest ive seen around here is 1.80.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
well said, astro. - and drilling our own oil in Alaska is out of the question!

(and 70 miles, 1 way? wow
)

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The higher powers will push their greed as far as it can go. But eventually the tables will be turned against them.

Either people will rise up & embrace the suppressed alternative technologies or they will give up consumption of what's no longer affordable out of necessity.

Once you get people to this extreme state, there is no going back to the old ways.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I heard something on the radio that makes me ask a few questions...

Seems that one of the current speculations as to the sudden spike in gas prices has to do with the fact that the US Government is currently diverting a significant amount of imported crude oil away from the consumer market, and into the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

Since the beginning of August, it is reported, over 11 million barrels has been diverted to the SPR, and the intention has been made public to top the SPR off at its 700 million barrel capacity, as well as acquisition of additional capacity with private facilities.

Now, does this sound like they are gearing up for something??? What do they know that we don't????

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Good point DR. My mother commented that this is the same way the "Gas Shortage" of the 70's started. And forget unleaded, I use premium. Cheapest in NJ Iv'e seen so far is $1.79 a gallon. The drawback of driving a 1979 Pontiac Firebird...great car, cool as hell, bad on gas. Thankfully, I only use a 2bbl carburator. I get about 20 miles to the gallon with it. heh.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Its $1.54 a gallon here for regular... I drive a Ford F250, which DRINKS gas faster than Drunk sucks down the suds....

Have a 26 gallon tank so it runs almost $40 for a fill up!

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider

Consider this: OPEC sharply cut production during GW2 (perhaps as a silent object to our invasion?)

OPEC reconvenes Sept 7, ostensibly to discuss raising or lowering production... and also to take up the issue of the oil standard currency... (which is what got us into Iraq in the first place)

We have already rattled our sabre at both Iran and Syria, both of whom have votes in OPEC, both of whom support the currency conversion.

What happens next hinges on what Saudi Arabia will vote... although they are not as vocal in support of the currency conversion, they do support it to some extent. Saudi was largely put in place by the US, and they have veto rights over the lesser countries, so it all depends on how they vote.

My prediction:

If we feel that Saudi is likely to vote in favor of the conversion, there will likely be another 911 attack, and we will suddenly find a deffinite Saudi link (remember the current noise about Saudi support for 911?) Saddam might even pop up there. Then we roll over the Saudi border and own them like we do Iraq.

Going to war with Saudi Arabia for oil. What some people do for money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join