It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you Muslim? Dont like Britain? Then get out !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
"If they don't like our way of life, there is a simple remedy: go to another country, get out. There are plenty of other countries whose way of life would appear to be more conducive to what they aspire to. They would be happy and we would be happy" - Gerald Howarth, shadow defence minister

Finally, a politician with a set of berries. I don’t know a thing about this guy, but I like him. This is the tough line that needs to be taken. Why be here and be miserable? Leave. Go someplace that will make you happy, don’t stay here and kill people because you don’t fit in.

We need a few politicians in the USA like this.

Story here:

"MUSLIMS who resent the British way of life should leave the UK, regardless of whether they are citizens or not, a senior Conservative said last night in comments that have heightened already tense community relations.

Gerald Howarth, the shadow defence minister, last night told The Scotsman that extremist Muslims who see the Iraq war as a conflict against Islam should be considered as treacherous as Soviet sympathisers during the Cold War. His remarkable claim shatters the tri-party consensus which Michael Howard, the Tory leader, sought to make with Tony Blair, the Prime Minister, and the Liberal Democrats...."

[edit on 3-8-2005 by skippytjc]

[edit on 3-8-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yes, nice thread, but by they way you should add,

" We will get the heck away from your lands and will stop the depedancy on your oil rich lands."

How about that.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

" We will get the heck away from your lands and will stop the depedancy on your oil rich lands."

How about that.

That should be added, its a shame people only look to see what they want to see.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Although the article mentions 'extremist' Muslims, one cannot help but feel that such sentiments will be extended across the whole of the Muslim community so that any legitimate dissent will be stifled.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

How about that.

Marge, I dont dissagree with your sentiment one bit, but dont forget they WANT us to buy their oil, they would be broke without our cash.

And the oil we want, and they need to sell, has nothing to do with disgruntled Muslims staying in countries they dont want to be in. Gerald Howarth is just saying that instead of being angry in London, why stay? Go be happy or angry someplace else.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Why is this posted in WoT?

This, to me, implies that any person who is a Muslim and has any gripe with any non Muslim is a terrorist. This is called racism or a different view of ideologies...which is political.

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Gerald Howarth is only talking about a small group. 2.7% of the UK are muslims and a small group of them want Sharia(sp) law, is the extremists crowd he is reffering too. Those extremists are causing the rest of the country to turn against muslims.

Gerald Howarth is only repeating what others have been saying. But the title of this thread is abit misleading cause its not aimed at all muslims. Majority of the Mosques in the UK, have the Union Jack flying.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Perhap's a toned down title would have less-complicated the racial stress that will surely come accross with or without ink.

Seems to me the phrase is being quoted and not confirmed as belief by our ATS member. Oh well perhaps the member can edit or explain his thoughts?

Dallas

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Marge, I dont dissagree with your sentiment one bit, but dont forget they WANT us to buy their oil, they would be broke without our cash.

Don't forget also that you have to see who is exploiting their lands for oil.

You have the people and then you have the elite in power.

In Iraq we have now US base companies to exploit their countries natural wealth.

So if we look at each individual country in the middle east with natural resouces you are going to notice that the people are not the ones always benefiting from their countries wealth.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'm an average whitey I guess, born and bred in the UK. I too hate the way that society here is going and have had just about all I can take from lying, self-interested politicians. Am I gonna go elsewhere? Hell no!!!
I'm no flag waving patriot but I love this country. Shame it's ruined by shady people in power and corporate interests, many of whom should be put against a wall and shot or spend the rest of their lives in jail.

So, what would Mr Howarth's answer be to me and my hatred of the political system and society? Go to another country?
I'd rather stay here and try to change the system and get rid of the likes of Mr Howarth, Tony Bliar and all the other politicians who lord it over us and impose their will.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Then again I sometimes criticise, resent and on bad days claim to hate my own country. It is a leap from doing this to condoning or encouraging attacking/destabalising a host country. Someone who regards the UK/US/the west as the great Satan should be living somewhere else but other than that all citizens have the right to question and critisise.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Don't forget also that you have to see who is exploiting their lands for oil.

You have the people and then you have the elite in power.

In Iraq we have now US base companies to exploit their countries natural wealth.

So if we look at each individual country in the middle east with natural resouces you are going to notice that the people are not the ones always benefiting from their countries wealth.

Marge, I think we are going to another topic here. The guy isnt commenting on the reasons WHY somebody may be unhappy. But why stay someplace you hate and be violent, just leave and go somplace where you can be happy.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

"If they don't like our way of life, there is a simple remedy: go to another country, get out. There are plenty of other countries whose way of life would appear to be more conducive to what they aspire to. They would be happy and we would be happy" - Gerald Howarth, shadow defence minister

Its a shame that this was directed purely towards Muslims. But I guess it flows with the current apparent hate of Islam and anything Muslim. I mean thats why this article was posted, right?

The above quote I agree with, but not just for Muslims, for everyone no matter what race, religion or creed.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Its a shame that this was directed purely towards Muslims. But I guess it flows with the current apparent hate of Islam and anything Muslim. I mean thats why this article was posted, right?

First up, I will ignore your hate comment "I mean thats why this article was posted, right?"

Secondly, you are right about who its focused at, this statement can be applied to anybody. But your liberalism has blinded you. The cold hard fact is this is a British politicain speaking about the biggest threat in England right now: Islamic (read Muslim) Terrorists.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Look what David Davis said, read this

Multicultural Britain is not working, says Tory chief

Muslims must start integrating into mainstream British society, says David Davis, the shadow home secretary and front-runner to take over the Conservative leadership.

Mr Davis's call for an end to multiculturalism is an indication of a fundamental rethink under way within the political parties and government over relations with the Muslim community after last month's suicide bomb attacks in London.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2005/08/03/ndavis03.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/08/03/ixnewstop.html

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I understand the topic, but let be realistic as always not every muslin is a radical wanting to destroy the countries they live in.

Just like in the US, when some politician or main figure leaders make comments like that it bring hate crimes not against the possible muslin radicals but anybody that goes under the profile of a "muslin"

Many of them are citizens of Britain they are born and raised in the country, so trying to separate the bad apples from the good ones is hard until you bit into them and see what is inside you never know.

Muslin radicals and terrorist are not in a particular country to be happy or unhappy they are in an agenda of destruction and with a set mind of what they are going to do.

This type of people care less what some politicians are saying about but the inocent citizens are they have nowhere to go they are after all in the country of birth it just happen that they are muslin, this citizens also are aware that they can become targets of hate crimes.

The comment obviously was to gain political power and to make the best of the tragics events in london.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

the biggest threat in England right now: Islamic (read Muslim) Terrorists.

I would contest this.
I have more chance of being run over by a bus than I have of being murdered by a terrorist.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

First up, I will ignore your hate comment "I mean thats why this article was posted, right?"

Fine, ignore it Skippy, only because it is true, its all you ever post about.

Secondly, you are right about who its focused at, this statement can be applied to anybody. But your liberalism has blinded you. The cold hard fact is this is a British politicain speaking about the biggest threat in England right now: Islamic (read Muslim) Terrorists.

Sorry to spoil your easy way out. I am not a Liberal.

Islamic terrorism is not the biggest threat in the UK right now. We have plenty of violent crime to contend with, that is and always will be our greatest threat.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

How about that.

You should perhaps further add..

We will leave your lands and your oil if you could be trusted not to use the oil money to build massive palaces and live in luxury while you leave all your populace to starve and die.

Maybe add....

And we will stop teaching our children that if they blow themselves up and take as many non-Muslims with them then they shall go to heaven...

If your people stopped killing others and in fact each other as well then maybe peace can reign.

I would also add that if your people cannot live in peace and live with the fact that not everyone believes in what you believe then we will have no choice but to forcefully remove the Muslims and their way of life.

NeoN HaZe

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan

the biggest threat in England right now: Islamic (read Muslim) Terrorists.

I would contest this.
I have more chance of being run over by a bus than I have of being murdered by a terrorist.

Ok, then the news must be plastered with the dangers of getting hit by a bus. I bet its on the front page of every paper and news source around you, huh? Here in the states I should be seeing news flashes of the huge possibilites of getting hit by busses in London then by your logic as it it so dangerous. Wait...Getting hit by a bus isnt in the headlines all over the world? How can that be? KhieuSamphan says its the biggest danger in London, even more than terrorists.

WHAT? The headlines are plastered with news about Islamic Extremists? NO!!! KhieuSamphan told me that wasnt a concern, its busses that are the problem!!!

See where I am going with this? You havent seen a politician banning busses have you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join