It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AK-47 101: Sign up now at a Mosque near you, seats are still available!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You (all of us) do realize that we are arguing over an article that is three and a half years old, don't we? I would think that things have changed since then.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Oh, I see...you want comments on the whole mosque angle.

Originally posted by skippytjc
"How many Christian Churches do this?"

They don't. They prefer raping young kids (mainly boys) for which they "train" their troops in cover-ups and denial. The Mormons "train" in how to take multiple wives, many of which are forced and underage and they cover that with cult fanatacism.

"Great story Skippy!!! Your insight is staggering and I love every post you make, I never looked at Islamic extremism in this light before"

Well, I don't see any great new insights here. Your ego is blocking my view.

Im still wiating for some of you to actually make a comment with your opinion of this mosque training some of its followers how to shoot AK-47's.

I can sit and make lists just like all you guys about all the other things in the wolrd that are terrible, but thats not what this post is regarding, its regarding the teachings of firearms at London Mosques. Lets here about that.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Considering here in Britain it is a banned wepaon, along with practically every other gun apart from shotguns, certain rifles, single shot .22 stuff and air weapons.. (And pea-shooters I think or are they banned now?)

I think it would be serious stuff no matter where it was occuring, but it is more than innappropiate for it to be held in a place that is supposed to be a place of worship. It is hardly normal is it?

And the big question is, why do these British Citizen's need training in a weapon they could never legally own or fire in this country anyway?

[edit on 3-8-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Im still wiating for some of you to actually make a comment with your opinion of this mosque training some of its followers how to shoot AK-47's.

I can sit and make lists just like all you guys about all the other things in the wolrd that are terrible, but thats not what this post is regarding, its regarding the teachings of firearms at London Mosques. Lets here about that.

Awwww, I like watching you beg for points.

Do you not get that by offering a comparison to other things, we ARE making a statement about the topic? I find that your continual effort to tell people how to properly discuss something extremely rude. If it doesn't fit your context (Michael Moore skew-ism) then it's completely unfounded? Bah!

It was:
One extremist group.
One mosque.
One old story.
One...

Not many, most or all as you would have us believe through sensationalism. Nothing more than "hey, here comes the hate & fear bus...let's ride!"

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Awwww, I like watching you beg for points.

"

Pardon? Who gives a cr*p about points? You going to give me money for them? No? Then they mean nothing.

I am a little dissapointed in you for that comment.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Its like who cares, I think everyone is disappointed in you.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Shut your spite filled fly trap, you have yet to add anything on the topic. Go and wire some more IED's and leave us alone. Or better yet, go down to that corner you keep speaking about and teach some of your terrorist buddies how to shoot their AK's.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Shut your spite filled fly trap, you have yet to add anything on the topic. Go and wire some more IED's and leave us alone. Or better yet, go down to that corner you keep speaking about and teach some of your terrorist buddies how to shoot their AK's.

Why do I have to be there buddies? Why do I have to be teaching them. I dont even fit your profile of a terrorist.

Because I dont support the war, but support the troops makes me a terroist? Are we either with you or against you? No grey? Sad sad days.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
WOW! You guys are really missing the point. Instead of listing all the other places you can get AK-47 training, why not ask the real question. Why are mosques teaching this??? Isn't that a little concerning? Sure, you can learn how to shoot a gun in the boy scouts, but that's because they teach that for stuff like wilderness survival, not eradication of infidels.

The way some of you are defending this (really you aren't defending it, but rather are pardoning it) is really mindblowing. What if you heard that Catholic churches were having seminars on how to cheat on your taxes. Would you defend it by saying you can go anywhere and learn how to do that so why not go to church and learn too?

Bottom line here is, the church, or mosque, or synogogue should all be places of worship, not places to get weapons training.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I don't understand why this topic is turning into some sort of muds slinging match? I can see it being thrown in the trash...

Even realising that it's a few years old, it is still disturbing that training in the use of illegal weapons is carried out anywhere, especially a place of worship. I don't understand why reasonable discussion cannot take place without all this bickering?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

Bottom line here is, the church, or mosque, or synogogue should all be places of worship, not places to get weapons training.

I agree with this 100%, the point i am making is that You cant do this at any Mosque.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
I don't understand why reasonable discussion cannot take place without all this bickering?

Maybe you can do some research on skippytjc's threads to see if you can find the trend.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Considering here in Britain it is a banned wepaon, along with practically every other gun apart from shotguns, certain rifles, single shot .22 stuff and air weapons.. (And pea-shooters I think or are they banned now?)

I think it would be serious stuff no matter where it was occuring, but it is more than innappropiate for it to be held in a place that is supposed to be a place of worship. It is hardly normal is it?

And the big question is, why do these British Citizen's need training in a weapon they could never legally own or fire in this country anyway?

This was my thought as well.

Lets be real people. They were (or are) training people to use a weapon strictly forbidden in the UK. Why?

I think it is obvious to anyone who is objective.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I agree with this 100%, the point i am making is that You cant do this at any Mosque.

OMG!!! A comment on the topic!! HOLY CR*P!!! Ill ignore you didnt actually make it yourself and you just agree'd with somebody else's, but wow!! How unlike you.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

OMG!!! A comment on the topic!! HOLY CR*P!!! Ill ignore you didnt actually make it yourself and you just agree'd with somebody else's, but wow!! How unlike you.

Again you only see what you want, I have been on topic all but one post, my second to last.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
heh As long as they teach an NRA approved safety course along with field stripping and operation of the weapon like we learned in Boy Scouts.... Oh yeah which we did through church. Also Zedd man the mormonism comment was highly uncool. Even as a former mormon who left on bad terms it offended me.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ground breaking news!!!!!

Some Muslims wish to shoot non muslims!

They are taught to do so at their local mosque!

Most muslims ignore such lunatics, get over it, terrorists are out there, s*it happens.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

LMAO

Do you not get that by offering a comparison to other things, we ARE making a statement about the topic? I find that your continual effort to tell people how to properly discuss something extremely rude. If it doesn't fit your context (Michael Moore skew-ism) then it's completely unfounded? Bah!

It was:
One extremist group.
One mosque.
One old story.
One...

Not many, most or all as you would have us believe through sensationalism. Nothing more than "hey, here comes the hate & fear bus...let's ride!"

Yep. This kind of stuff really bothers me for the amount of anti-Islamicism that it brings with it, regardless of how isolated and rare it is. I don't know how often one must stress that Islam is no more the problem than Christianity is. The problem here is a problem of politics; we are pissing these Mid-Easterners off through our past decades of foreign policy. All religious intolerance is doing is itching for a holocaust and propagating utter stupidty and ignorance.

Remember the last time a nationality felt such utter hate towards a religious group? Maybe we might want to try to avoid those kinds of childish discriminatory emotions? Hell, I know this is a long shot, but maybe we can see people as individuals. Another long shot: stop hating.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
bsbray11, you are lost, and you dont even know it.

You speak of preaching hate, but what is teaching how to fire automatic weapons at a place of worship? Love? Even if at just one mosque, who is responsible for that? Muslims are. Does that mean we should hate all Muslims? Of course not, I certainly dont. But its up to Muslims to make sure this kind of thing doesnt happen in their own places of representation. Period. I cant control whats going on in there, only the followers of Islam can.

How can mainstream Islam critisize non Muslims reactions to news of this nature when they dont do anything about it? Even though the vast majority of Muslims dont share the extremists views, they are in a way responsible for it. Only they can police it and teach thier kids tolerance of other faiths and beliefs.

And this post isnt about Christianity. I care less for them than I do for radical Islam.

And laslty: You blame the West for terrorism, but you overlook the fact that extremist Muslims have existed for over a thousand years before the USA was but a dream.

Its not hate to be concerned of the teaching of firearms in places of worship, but it is to assume extremist Muslims are the fault of the West.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I am worried about little boys being raped in churches, we really need standing guards in the bathrooms and offices of the preist.

Brits supported atleast one of the failed bombers, he got like 12 grand two times. Should we hold everyone responsible, because they paid taxes?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join