It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China deploys its latest fighter-bomber - The JH-7A Flying Leopard

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I know replying to yourself is a bit sad but I just wanted to add that according to Janes All the Worlds Aircraft the payload of the JH-7 is 11,000lb and that of the Tornado 19,500lb so (assuming Jane's is believable - and I don't know why it wouldn't be), although my maths was up the spout, my original comment is still valid.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
I know replying to yourself is a bit sad but I just wanted to add that according to Janes All the Worlds Aircraft the payload of the JH-7 is 11,000lb and that of the Tornado 19,500lb so (assuming Jane's is believable - and I don't know why it wouldn't be), although my maths was up the spout, my original comment is still valid.

I don't know how old your Jane's is. Here is the newest information that was from scanned Jane's mag of July,2005.

JH-7/FBC-1's payload: 6.5 tonnes(metric ton)=6.5*2204.6 lbs=14,330 lbs
JH-7A/FBC-1M's payload: 9 tonnes==9*2204.6 lbs=19,841 lbs

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

the JH-7 has 6.5tons but the JH-7A is incresed to 9tons

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
JH-7A cockpit.

front cockpit

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Given China's growing electronics capability, it doesn't surprise me that they're putting an all-glass cockpit in. Whether this is an indication of what's under the hood is debatable, though. Powerplant, radar and airframe technology are not very easy to get a hold of.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
May I ask wht exactly is an "all glass cockpit"...??

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
May I ask wht exactly is an "all glass cockpit"...??

see the first picture that chinawhite posted a few replies up - 3 large MFD`s - multi function displays

basically , all the required information can be called upon on one of those displays at the touch of the screen

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Sorry, out of date information from me there, my latest Janes is 2000-01. I'm watching ebay for others (they're not cheap new you know!
)

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
So "all glass"="touch screen"...
Cause those MFDs aren't touch screen IMO .. They have the push buttons on their periphery..

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

So "all glass"="touch screen"...
Cause those MFDs aren't touch screen IMO .. They have the push buttons on their periphery..

sorry i came accross slightly wrong

en.wikipedia.org...

i meant - at teh touch of a button , rather than teh touch of a screen

the MFD`s can display any information , and change the information they display during the flight

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Lol..Everyone a/c 's got that now.. From the MiG21 Bisons to the F-4E 2020s..

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Yeah~I like the dragon symbol in the tail of the plane in the second photo

Originally posted by hijjjj

The 1600 range is with full load and internal fuel or otherwise??
And also although it is in the same class as those a/c.. I still want to know how it
handles and performs as compared to those..Also heavier a/c are more difficult to control at low altitudes..And since a major topic over here was the necessity to have the capacity to execute a low level strike.. I was wondering about the Stick force per gee...

The 1600km combat radius was from FBC-1(JH-7's export version)'s specification published on 1998 Zhuhai airshow. Nobody will test a plane's max combat range with full weapon load. From the photos I saw, 1600km combat radius should based on JH-7's typical long distance anti-ship payload: 3*drop tanks, 2*YJ-83 ASM, 2*PL-5E IR AAM.

The Jane's report says JH-7A can fly as low as 60m at the speed of 900km/h, with the help of its additioanal Navigation/Aiming pod.Plus the radar of JH-7/7A also has terrian following capability. Low level strike is still very useful especially for anti-ship mission.Radars on ship can only find low level aircrafts with 40km due to the limitation of earth curve.

JH-7A and JH-7 pics:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
i prefer the Jolly Rogers symbol over the Dragon. actually i want to see the Eagle take on the Dragon.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join