It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is not God - Here's the proof !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Also Helen you say Satan can take any shape or form to trick us. It is therefore possible that your belief in Christianity was a trick by Satan to get you'se to worship him instead of the real God. That you cannot deny, but then again you will give us some so called scriptural evidence to prove Im wrong.

Sorry forgot to answer you.

Yes I beleive that Satan can and does take any form to trick us.

My beleif in Christianity has nothing to do with this.....ALTHOUGH I must say, NOW I understand why certain things did happen.

My parents NEVER spoke of SATAN .
Nor did they FORCE me to believe.....My beliefs are mainly LIVING THEM.
Scripture to me just CONFIRMS my beleif even more so in Christ.

Are you asking me if my beleif in Christ stems from the way I was brought up?
And that Satan could be misinterpreted because of this?
Sorry , I didn't understand the question.

IX
helen

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Ok firstly Christians portray that Jesus was the son of god and that he died for our sins and that he is the truth and the way etc and also that god is all seeing,knowing and powerful.
Secondly to me it does not matter if god exists or that jesus is the son of god, I readily admit that I might be wrong. What Im saying is that with all the available evidence including the bible, torah, koran etc the christian belief system is not as it seems. You quote from a christian book, biased towards christianity so therefore tends to prove your point. Try finding other evidence sources to quantify these claims (that are not religously biased in favour of christianity) and you will be hard pushed.
The other sources paint a different picture of christ and god than what christianity states. The bible itself has been proven to contain mistranslations and misinterpretations, just look at the different bibles on the web. The donation of constantine document has also been proven fake, bishop Clement admits to taking out parts of the bible so that the truth is not revealed (the raising of lazarus part in matthew or mark).
You need to understand what was happening at the time, the politics and lifestyles of the people. The fact you believe does not necessarily make it true thats all I say.

On the satan statement what I meant was that you readily admit that satan is a trickster and uses many guises to trick us. How do you know that the whole christian belief system was not concocted by satan so that you are worshipping satan instead of god and jesus. Being deceived to think you are believing in one thing but instead actually worshipping satan in another guise??

G

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
religion is faith based. if you know about faith, no amount of 'other sources' be it biblical, torah, koran etc... will never constitute proof.

if you're waiting for more evidence before you choose to worship one 'god' over the next, you will be waiting forever. Should you go ahead, and study all the multiple sources, even then you would still be discerning as an individual what is 'fact' and what is 'fable'.

In your search for truth, your efforts might be better channeled into a little test of faith.

And the results of such faith may very well constitute proof for that individual.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I understand that faith might constitute enough to believe, I myself have faith that I will wake up tomorrow morning.
But to basically give over control of your beliefs to a prohibitive,uncompromising system without at least checking all available information. I mean a christian cannot say that what I think might be true as it goes against what they believe, they are restricted in by the constraints of christianity. They also seem unable or unwilling to see the bible in any other way than what they have been taught (which is someone elses interpretation) i.e they believe in one god only, no other gods exist but in the bible it states that jehovah was El Shaddai the mountain god/lord and that there were other gods that the jews were worshipping i.e gold calf in exodus. the bible says that jehovah is the one TRUE god not the only god (but coming from a jehovah bias its not surprising). Its the little things like this that put me off.

G

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I do not believe the "Jesus is God" doctrine.
www.xanga.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
eudaimonia;

This is just out and out offensive.

As a historian, I can tell you that the internet is often a very unreliable source. Unlike books, articles, and scholarly journals, there is absolutely no peer review, no expectations of professionalism, and no need to substantiate your position with trivial things like facts. Not convinced.

The movie The Beast? FICTION! Good Lord, they are releasing it on 6-6-06! The director is an 'ex-funamentalist Christian'. There is nothing more unreliably vindictive than a man who has lost his faith. Of course he's going to be bitter and vindictive.

The whole Christ as Lucifer, Satan or whatever is a muck of Gnosticism and Luciferianism. And offensive to boot.

I don't attack pagans, hedonists, humanists, or those somewhere in this spectrum. Why do people have to be so vicious and petty? Heaven knows that there is enough conspiracies that have legitimate and constructive value.

Before you make such claims, please gather some facts - not movie teasers - that are not biased web pages from questionable sources. By the same reasoning you are employing, the Millenium Falcon is real, King Kong lives, and Freddy Krueger is waiting for you to go to sleep....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join