It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is not God - Here's the proof !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
He specifically stated "I AM". Even the Jews got upset at that for they knew what he meant.

Yes, the Jews, he came specificly for the Jews and to no one ells around the world, but he told them to be his messangers and to spread the word of Christ around the world, and so in a large way he contributed to spreading it around the world, he didnt have to go to every town and every city in order to be there.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I just want to give a ditto to the surrealist, for he/she has a similar grip on the concept of God as myself. I would only add that the paradoxical unexplainable answer really boils back to the statement 'I AM'.

we squabble over creationism and evolution. None of it matters, the simple fact is 'I AM'. That statement is ABSOLUTE whenever it is spoken, wherever it is spoken.

I AM is the simplest and most true statment that can be made about our universe. Yes, god exists in everything. The great intelligence that encompasses everything could surely manifest in a devine human form should it so please. God bless.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
your name dousnt so fit your mind.

And so when you say only the I Am is important is because; it is allways the now. Were allways living in the moment.

[edit on 4/8/05 by The Surrealist]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost
anybody who thinks some drivel of an independent film can discredit 2000 plus years of testimony -you need to go back to watching cartoons.

Thats a darn good quote right there.
When you step back and look at the broad picture, you see who the final recipient of that quote is. Thats what makes it all the better.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Jesus is NOT God or the son of god. Both the gospels that give Jesus's bloodline state that Joseph was Jesus's father. The reason that two different lineages are given is due to the patriarchal bias in christianity and the second lineage belongs to Mary's ancestors(male line).
Also Jesus never refers to himself as the son of god, only through implication is it offered.

So sayeth the bible, the word of god. (the word of man more like, deranged at that)

G

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Facts? ... well the facts are simple, everything he said has importance, everything he said was intelligent.

Everything that is to come has been mentioned before, there is nothing new under the sun.

Everyone thinks he existed to bring peace and order,

(10) Jesus said: I have cast a fire upon the world, and see, I watch over it until it is ablaze.

You gods do not understand his words or his teachings;
he has come to return you to your essence,
to yourselves..

17 [16]. Jesus says: "Men indeed think I have come to bring peace to the world. But they do not know that I have come to bring the world discord, fire, sword, war. Indeed, if there are five in a house, they will become three against two and two against three - father against son and son against father - and they will be lifted up, being solitaries."

It isn't a fight that he is speaking about, but opinion... our realities will be in conflict... We must learn to judge ourselves only according to the will of God not according to billy down the street.

The problem is when you create gods and they themselves are unaware they are gods the power within them protects themselves against it...

Put yourself in the beginning, not in the future or present...

We as humans are not supposed to be all alike, all precisely the same, we are to be unique BUT we are to respect and not judge anothers actions.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

How one interprets these verses could result in a very long debate and endless possibiliies on what Jesus really meant.

One of the main reasons Jesus spoke in parables. HE did so to make each individual think and get their own interpretation of what he said. That is one of the problems in "Christianity" today. Too many trying to cram a narrow interpretation down others throat.

I often have fun with thsse that stand at a street corner in my hometown next to a church holding a sign. The sign says "Honk if You Love Jesus." Often I slow down and lower my window telling the gentleman holding the sign to "Beware of street corner preachers". Often one will put down the sign for at least a few minutes. Recently one went back inside the church. I figured he must have remembered Jesus's teachings in Matthew and perhaps woke him.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

John 14:10 "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.

Does one not understand that the father dwells in all? He is what keeps each up and ticking, what holds the illusion together. The energy and light within each and everyone.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by noosnomrm
This may be a minor point, but i thought Jesus was God's "son"-not God himself.

As for Jesus having lived, I would say yes. He is talked about in both the bible and Koran-a pretty good sign he did walk the earth. Take note, the Koran only see's Jesus as a phrophet, but still he was seen.

Father, son, holy spirit three in one substance (same trinity as in Hinduism hmmmm ....but well that's for another thread i suppose )

check this trinity

Judaism considers Jesus as a prophet aswell , but not as the son of god , read about Jesus in the Talmud
as far as i can remember the talmud refers to him as the son of a prostitute and a roman soldier/centurio (pantera), don't know about the Quran though

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You have just missed the whole point. You dont understand what your on about, so of course you cant make a correct statement. Something like physical proof doesn't and cannot exist to state something like that, Jesus had what thereafter called Christs conciousness, which is the spirit of God that makes up all of us. Our soul is part of Gods soul, and in the physical universe we become seperate, and the point is to realise your origins in the physical world before you return to it, it is to 'die before you die'.

I read a few lines of what you said, and knew you had absalutely no idea what you were talking about. I dont blame you, most people think with their minds way too much so your not the only one. I think you should read into the bible with an open heart instead of trying to find flaws, that way you'll never find yourself. You'll just find your mind, which in TRUE REALITY, is not real.

GOD BLESS

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

anybody who thinks some drivel of an independent film can discredit 2000 plus years of testimony -you need to go back to watching cartoons.

I haven't seen the film so I really should not be commenting. However, 2000 years of tale twisting from a book can easily be discredited also if one wishes to.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

quote: John 14:10 "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.

The WORDS ''I AM in the Father'' here are very important........
WHY?
We as humans,cannot be IN THE FATHER.....The Father can be in US......but WE cannot be IN THE FATHER.......
Jesus Christ says He is in the Father because He is the Son of God...The LOGOS,or the WORD which was from the beginning in creation of the world.....
Jesus Christ says He is in the Father ........speaks of the Trinity.....not THREE GODS but One ...in complete Tri-unity....

IX
helen

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Jesus is not God because God is God and if Jesus was God then he wouldn't be Jesus but God. Easy when you know how.

G

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I urge you to persist with this eudaimonia.

Many of the Christians here are obviously mindless stooges who doggedly fight and condem anything that throws in to doubt a single paragraph in the bible.

I myself did battle with these delluded demons long ago with a varying degree of success but don't let them mock or dismiss you and if they come out with the usual defence of "Well it says it in the bible so of course it's true" don't be afraid to slap those people down and expose them for being the brainwashed little creatures they so obviously are.

Some born again ATS Moderators will probably catch up with you one day and dock you points because you haven't been blinded by faith but what the hell, at least you have your principles and at least you know that compared to most of these poor souls you have the right and ability to think freely and clearly.

Best of luck

[edit on 24-8-2005 by BobDylan]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
And just so you know

Quoting lines from the Bible to justify your argument dear Christians is no different from a Facist quoting from Mein Kampf to justify their Nazisum.

The bible is a book written by Christians for Christians and to promote the Christian faith therefore it is bound to be bias in favour of....you guessed it folks...Christians.... so my advice to all you bible quoting cossacks out there is to get over it and get some new material because you're constantly going around in circles and it just don't wash anymore.

[edit on 24-8-2005 by BobDylan]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobDylan
And just so you know

Quoting lines from the Bible to justify your argument dear Christians is no different from a Facist quoting from Mein Kampf to justify their Nazisum.

So true. I'm always perplexed when christians pull bible quotes out of their hat everytime the bible is questioned. And it's very amusing in an ironic sense.

Edu

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Jesus was never God. In my point of view he was an ordinary people just like us but really inteligent and he has been here to teach us lots of things required to live in harmony and peace.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
First BobDylan I agree with your statement on Bible quoters, it is biased and they should get more ammo from different sources but then again we can also use the bible to help our cause with is glaring errors, mistranslations and misinterpretations. It has too many "WHY's" in it , why would this or that happen. i.e If God is so super omnipotent etc why did he have to fight Rahab(leviathon), why didn't he know that Adam and Eve would eat the fruit (he knows all LOL). If he created everything why has he no jurisdiction in Hell. There are many such instances in the bible.
Second Edu according to most scholars most of the sayings attributed to Jesus were not by him so his messages of peace and that were by someone else probably written later after Jesus supposed death.

G

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
Wouldn't this be considered the greatest deception known to mankind?
[edit on 2-8-2005 by eudaimonia]

.... the bible will support the existence of satan. you cant use a the biblical beast , attribute it to the biblical christ, and say satan in the bible doesnt exist.... pick one.

but as for the morning stars play on words, read job 38.7
Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? (note the plural)

satan is called a son of the morning in isiah 14. Jesus is called a GREAT morning star in revelations. (satan is never called a great morning star).

[edit on 2005-8-25 by NuTroll]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   

why didn't he know that Adam and Eve would eat the fruit (he knows all LOL). If he created everything why has he no jurisdiction in Hell. There are many such instances in the bible.

God did know....He created all things good...He created man in His image.
He did not create ROBOTS.

Man was created witha FREE WILL....You chose the path you want to follow.

Hell was created for the fallen angels....DEMONS.

Man up until his death has a choice......BUT man does not choose when he dies(suicide does not count!)and DEATH will come to all.

IX
helen

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join