It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Avian Flu hit USA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
With a virtual media blackout on reporting of the Avian flu I have no links to support my claim. I can only offer my honest account of incidents in my city that are starting to alarm me. Everything I say below is true, and when I purchase a scanner, I will try to post pic's as I have been making sure to document (place, time, how long before removal, if at all, etc, etc) the birds I find within my area. Once again I can not state the cause, but I can assure that this is true.

I have lived in a port city on the west coast of the United States for some time now . Over the last six months I have been concerned as I have started to see lots of dead birds in my area. I live in a major urban area, which as I said has a port, and coincidentally handles most of the west's coast's import's from China.

Over the last few moths (6 or so) I have been noticing dead birds in the Alleys surrounding my home. The other day on the way to school, 15 ft in front of my door , a bird (pigeon) in mid flight literally fell from the sky, and landed not twenty feet from me on the sidewalk.

I went inside to tell my wife and ask what I should do. I was contemplating donning some rubber gloves, face mask, and see what sending it to a lab would produce. When I was finished talking to my wife, about an hour later, I went outside and the bird was gone.I find this particularly odd, as there are about 4-5 dead birds in the immediate vicinity of my home (within one block), yet this one, that fell from the sky is gone.

After a few months of noticing the dead birds,and witnessing the chicken little incident I began to take walks further and further from my home to see if I was being foolish, or to see if what I am seeing around my house is not limited to the immediate area. After several walks through several parts of the my neighborhood, all within a 5-10 block radius. I found bird after bird after bird, dead. Originally I set off with two rolls of film (36exp) and eventually exausted my supply. I now have 90+ photos, of at least 45 dead birds ALL WITHIN 5 blocks of my house and in alleys. This was not a problem a few months ago.

Anyone else with some similar stories on the west coast? Any notice of an increase of dead birds along roads, in fields, etc, etc. WTF is going on? Am I being paranoid? Please someone tell me yes.

[edit on 2-8-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
No you are not alone, we here in Northern Queensland Australia had a report in our local paper about a whole island of migratory birds dying just north of our town. It never made national news and hasn't been followed up on by any press. Its all been very very quiet on the matter.

Stay away from the birds...Even if you got it to a lab I doubt you would get the results you require even if it was actually the bird flu that killed the speciman.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thnx-Mayet, Whilst I might feel less paranoid, I do not feel much better.

I just walked to the store to buy smokes, I always take the alleys now. Two of the birds I photographed yesterday are gone. If a cat or dog dies in an alley around here, it can take weeks before the city comes in and takes care of it.Funny I thought about your lab point as well, which is why it took an hour for me and my wife to discuss the matter. She didn't want suspicion of contact, or exposure of any kind.

Thanks again. If anybody else out there has any similar stories, it would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I don't think your paranoid.

This issue is making news...

NEWS: Situational Awareness: Sick Birds in South Carolina

Avian flu found in migrating geese

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Gools-Thank you thank you thank you!

The one thing about the city I live in. It is heavily polluted, we have erected a breakwater to stop the tide, and we have also been home to one of the bussiest ports in the world. Sadly dead birds washing up on the beach here in large numbers, has been a usual occurence since the 1950's. Unfortunately we could never use that as an indicator, as in S.C. The thing that really frightens me, is finding them all around the city now. With this encouragement I will be taking more walks, and diverting more funds to my printer/scanner, so that I can post the photos of what I am talking about.

Thank you again.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
No you are not being paranoid and IMHO people are not paying attention to this matter. Take a look arounf this forum and there is a sticky thread where people are posting news and the like regarding the Bird Flu.

However, I doubt that the government will attempt a wide scale coverup if we have an outbreak. Why? This battle will be won or lost at ground zero. trying to deny the problem will make it worse IMHO. It may get missed but not as a concerted effort by the government to try to cover it up.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
However, I doubt that the government will attempt a wide scale coverup if we have an outbreak. Why? This battle will be won or lost at ground zero. trying to deny the problem will make it worse IMHO. It may get missed but not as a concerted effort by the government to try to cover it up.

From everything I gather, EVERYWHERE is doing something similar to the US. All that leads me to think is, how long have China and Russia knew about it before saying or doing anything? God knows.

IMHO-I am of the mind that the "revolution will not be televised". No matter how bad this gets, the world's governments are going to try to do their best to put a spin on it.

Of course this will make the situation worse. When have governments, or people in general been known to EVER do that which would make the situation better? IMHO-Never. Not until every attempt and means of denial, coverup, and extermination have been exausted, do humans ever start thinking straight and acting in their best interest.

Thank you very much. As I said before, I might feel less paranoid, but I don't feel any better. (probably worse)
[edited for typo]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Hrmm i was just watching a thing on China last night and how its population has hit 1.3billion, and the one child policy etc.

I wonder if that has something to do with why China hasn't made much of a big deal about it, remember its a disease that will mainly kill the weak.

This is really bad!

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ekul08
I wonder if that has something to do with why China hasn't made much of a big deal about it, remember its a disease that will mainly kill the weak.

I doubt this. There are far easier ways at population control than trying to let a disease run amuk through your population.

Remember that Influenza has a propensity for gene swapping. So its basically changing itself all the time. Some are harmless so not. There is to much risk that it will mutate into a virulent form that does not prey on the weak, but rather everybody.

China is concealing the outbreaks because of 1) national pride (superpower wannabes do not have such huge outbreaks) 2) The Olympics: Nothing like a huge outbreak to scare off people and possible get the Olympics pulled to another country and 3) Thats the way the operate and that not going to change world be dammed. The Chinese government needs to step up to the plate and be forthright about what is going on.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Shoot!....population control by illness, in this country, would be the perfect solution to "the powers that be", IMO.

'The Powers That Be' Peoples' Possible, Personal Take on Epidemics:
Medical field makes money (including pharmacutical companies...the "buds"); the weak die...too many old people on Social Security, Medicare, etc. anyway, and too many babies/children on WIC, Medicaid, etc. The rich people can buy the help they need, so we (the powers that be who are, naturally, wealthy) have no worries. Win/win situation.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I found another article relating to dead birds of sorts. The experts are claiming that it is mosquito transmitted so that may be another possibility.
Bird death spurs public warning
Mosquito-borne disease can kill people, state official warns
www.concordmonitor.com.../20050731/REPOSITORY/507310390/1031

This is the first confirmed case of EEE in New Hampshire this year, said Dr. Jose Montero, the state epidemiologist. The fact that the raven was caged means the viral disease was transmitted from a local mosquito, he said.

People should also watch for dead crows, blue jays or ravens and report any of those bird deaths to the state.

In addition to this I did read recently that pet birds are also being culled because of the bird flu in Asia as there was an instance of a caged bird in Jakarta that was infected. It also goes on to say that with animal trade into the US that this could also be means aside from migatory birds of tranmission into the US. I will try and locate that article for you.
As I can't remember where I found it.
I would agree with your wife be careful but don't draw attention to yourself.

You said that when you went back outside the bird was gone. Do you think they are sweeping these birds off the streets quicker than what you would deem normal? The fact that the bird just dropped from the sky near you is alarming nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This was reported yesterday on my local news station:

www.cbs58.com...

08/03/2005
West Nile Virus Found in Wisconsin
Author: WDJT

Milwaukee-The West Nile Virus has staged another return to Milwaukee County.
The virus was found in two seperate mosquitos taken from traps in the City of Milwaukee on July 19th.
City health officials announced their finding on Wednesday.

join