It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sathya Sai Baba

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Secret Swami

Has this "God-man" been wrongly accused, or does his status mean he is immune to criticism? According to the rumours, Sathya Baba has been sexually molesting his devotees for years. A BBC documentary "The Secret Swami", covers the whole story, plus some allegations of a 'murder cover up'.

[edit on 2-8-2005 by GrandCourtJester]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
imo all pandits are bandits and this guy is no exception. I don't buy into any of the so called swamis and I'm a hindu by birth.

this is his website
www.srisathyasai.org.in...

he's just another charasmatic leader who abuses his power over people.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

he's just another charasmatic leader who abuses his power over people.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." Mat 7:15

I've studied some yoga. There are some worthy people. BKS (Light on Yoga) Iyengar is a very serious teacher. Krishnamurti was very interesting. For every one of them, there are the rogues, like Rajnesh, Gurumai, Baba, and the list goes on.

You've put your finger on it when you said they are 'charasmatic leaders' who abuse power. They seem interested in creating their own 'cult of personality'. Guru's are the new tyrants, since you can't directly boss people around anymore - so that leaves the "I'm only trying to help you" routine. The trick is getting others to go along with it.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Sai Baba... what can I say.. a human devil...

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
For many years, people have been mislead with many erroneous claims about Sathya Sai Baba. What many people have not been informed about are Withheld Facts In The BBC Programme 'Secret Swami'.

The "Secret Swami" documentary relied primarily on the testimonies of 2 main witnesses: 1) Alaya Rahm and 2) Mark Roche.

Pertaining To "Secret Swami" Witness, Alaya Rahm:
- Alaya Rahm Self-Dissmissed His Lawsuit Against The Sathya Sai Baba Society
- A Scathing Response To Critic's Article Regarding Alaya Rahm's Failed Lawsuit
- Alaya Rahm's Contradictory Testimonies: A Full Enquiry

Pertaining To "Secret Swami" Witness, Mark Roche:
Mark Roche claimed in the Secret Swami documentary that he was allegedly abused once in 1976 (when he was approximately 25 years old) and maintained his devotion as a devotee to 1994 (for a period of 15 years). Strangely enough, Roche spent several weeks with Robert Priddy in 1994 and never gave any indication that he was upset with Baba or that anything was wrong. Mark Roche's testimony came from "out of the blue" and he has neither filed a basic police complaint, court case or even a written testimony about his alleged experiences with Sathya Sai Baba (Reference).

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
dammit

why do people have to exploit positions of religious/spiritual authority?!

i'm not just talking about molesting children
polticians being supported by religion is bad too

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joe108
Mark Roche claimed in the Secret Swami documentary that he was allegedly abused once in 1976[...]Mark Roche's testimony came from "out of the blue" and he has neither filed a basic police complaint, court case or even a written testimony about his alleged experiences with Sathya Sai Baba

What does that matter? How does that mean that the abuse didn't occur? Sexual abuse is incredibly under-reported.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The first I had ever heard of this man was in an article in Fate magazine many,many years ago. I have since heard nothing but bad things about him.

[edit on 22-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Don't forget that time that he said he would magically appear on the moon... and then didn't!
sify.com...

top topics

join