It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Call me a Troll!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What I hate the most is people in forums that have a valid but unpopular opinion or idea being called Trolls. I see it in alot of forums. namely the
(By the Way, this Thread ISN'T about Abortion, this is just an Example! So Please don't debate it on this thread!!)

Abortion Debate forums. Pro-Choicers won't like want the Pro-Lifers say, the Pro-Lifers won't like what the Pro-Choicers say, thus, they resort to insults and slander.

Another Example..

One person believes UFOs exist and are from the pleadian sector. Another Person believes UFOs are actually demons. Most of the people believe that are responding to the Post that Believe the UFOs are the Pleadian Sector, but deem the Person saying "UFOs and Grey aliens are actually demons, here are my reasons why I believe such"
Then most people don't like his unpopular opinion and the insults starts, then that person retorts with insults and he is deemed a troll!

Which is WRONG! I have given-up my Trolling Activities, and I only use to troll in the Yahoo! Forums. Like many of you from time to time, You will have unpopular ideas, thoughts, beliefs and opinions. And that does not make you a troll.

Back in 2002. In a different forum, I had the most unpopular opinion. I had reasonable doubt that David Westfield (The guy whom kill Danielle Van Dam in San Diego, California) was innocent of the crime. I stated why I believe he is likely not-guilty of the crime. Which sent people on a tirade of hate and discontent. It was a grossly unpopular opinion. Which later during the trial, it turned out I was wrong in my opinion, and I admitted it.

Keep your Opinions Real!

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
What an ELF !

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLUBBER
What an ELF !

Ha-Ha.... Elf.. I guess I can live with that...

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
You can just use an illustration instead of the word itself:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
You can just use an illustration instead of the word itself:

It looks more like an Ogre

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
And by ogre you're referring to my ex Mother-in-law, right?

Anyway. Opinions are just that; very personal, usually not mutable and sadly all too misinformed.

Then there are folk like us on this thread, who are right about everything

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
First off, that is a troll. I'ts from the popular Dragon Warrior and Dragon Warrior Monsters series for gameboy. I recommend all the games, as they are all excellent. One such incarnation of that creature is "BossTroll" and I am currently fighting them in DWM2:Tara's Aventure.

Second, yes. It irks me when people do this with words. Troll, n00b, nazi, dis-info agent. It's a word to just throw around because you can, and it supposedly defeats someone who disagrees with you. (usually because you're being stupid)

I'm of the opinion that if you're using the phrase troll, dis-info agent, but mainly n00b that it is in fact you who is that very thing.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You are a bunch of gnomes expressing opinions about opinions in an unkempt garden.

It takes one to know one.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If we don't know the proper Gnomenclature, what elf would you call
a poster for whom the bell trolls?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godzilla1985
It looks more like an Ogre

Sounds like something a troll would say.

top topics

join