It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain-Dead Woman Gives Birth to Baby Girl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I am assuming this was done by c-section, can't see how else he would have delivered a child if she was brain dead. This is such a trajic and sad story.
I feel for the family and the child who will never know her mom.

Brain-Dead Woman Gives Birth to Baby Girl
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - A brain-dead woman on life support has given birth to a baby girl, the woman's brother-in-law said.
Susan Torres gave birth to Susan Anne Catherine Torres at 8:18 a.m. on Tuesday, Justin Torres wrote in an e-mail to The Associated Press.

There were no complications during delivery and the baby "is doing well," Torres wrote. The baby weighs one pound 13 ounces and is 13 1/2 inches long, he said.

The infant is being monitored in the Neonatal Intensive Care at the Virginia Hospital Center in Arlington, about 100 miles north of Richmond.

I hope the child makes it, 24 weeks is still very small, but with all the advances in prenatal and premie care, she has a chance.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well, first off, this is old news, babe. This happened AGES ago in Kill Bill, Vol. I!!!

Wild story though. Personally, I'm happy. Everyone would've thought the baby to be a goner, and yet it survived. That's a happy ending if I ever heard one.

My dad was born early, not 24 weeks, but something like 26 or 28, and he's quite fine. (Although he had some surgery done at birth to fix a valve)

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hmm, it is old news apparently. Posted in Medical Issues and Conspiracies.

join