It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man claims metal fragment came from UFO!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Bob White did a long radio interview some time ago with Jeff Rense

The guy sounded very genuine and it was a very interesting interview.

I have an archive of it that I might be able to upload somewhere if anyone wants to hear it

[edit on 3-8-2005 by thepresidentsbrain]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Why is rense not a trustful source of website?
I always ask but never seem to get an answer.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Nventual

Without you being more specific it is a little hard to answer your question, however:

I have found www.rense.com... to be an exellent site - a good sellection of articles from other sources - I dont agree with everything but still is a favorite site of mine along with www.whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

Because one person said this one day, and since, some other people are stupidly repeating it because they think that makes them smarter.

Hal9000 thanks for the information. This kind of fragments do really exist. In france there is a MAJOR similar case :

In march 1964, a man saw a ufo in a meadow. Approaching, the object quickly rose without noise in the sky and, it is only after its departure that he noticed, shining in grass, six pieces of metal fragments. Five were subtilized by ex GEPAN (future SEPRA) during a supposed "analysis" (two of them were apparently sent to US Air Force). The only piece remaining was analysed by a private group and after multiple experiments, the scientists had to go to the obviousness. These metal pieces are from unknown origin. Certain molecular aspects show such a strangeness that it is impossible to doubt.

[edit on 3/8/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
******I emailed a guy who works at Los Alamos National Laboratory about the Bob White UFO fragment he found in 1985 and had analyzed at Los Alamos Laboratory.

Excellent idea Mesh, but keep in mind, in the show they said that Los Alamos did not respond to their inquiries from the producers of THC. A good follow up question would be how much it would cost to analyze this thing and what was their conclusion. It is obvious they did the analysis. Bob White said one of the technicians first said it was extraterrestrial, but later retracted the statement, and was told by his superior not to discuss it. But again that is what Bob White said.

BTW, I had taped the show and watched it again. I forgot to mention that Bob White did pass three polygraph (lie detector) tests.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
Tailings from a metal chop saw.

Seen similar in my shop.

can u get some pics roper mate...something as similar as the pic this thread is about????

and would the cutting of this alloy create any anomlies(spelling?)?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
Tailings from a metal chop saw. Seen similar in my shop.

I thought maybe it was slag from a mold pour. Looks like the shape could be formed while dripping or something. But I don't think this guy would invest any money into testing if he knew it was fake. Whether it's true or not, I think Bob White believes this came from a UFO. If you knew it was fake, your money would be better invested in lottery tickets. I think the chances of winning the lottery would be better than being offered millions of dollars for a chunk of metal.

Originally posted by William One Sac
Whatever his motivations, I cant help but be reminded of the Rendlesham Forest Air Base sightings where the officer claimed to see what appeared to be white hot slag, falling from the ufo. I wonder if this type of physical evidence was collected in that case as well.

I asked the same question in Gazrok's thread on Rendlesham.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by thepresidentsbrain
Bob White did a long radio interview some time ago with Jeff Rense

I have an archive of it that I might be able to upload somewhere if anyone wants to hear it

Please do, I would like to hear it, thanks.

Originally posted by Musclor
Hal9000 thanks for the information. This kind of fragments do really exist. In france there is a MAJOR similar case :

These metal pieces are from unknown origin. Certain molecular aspects show such a strangeness that it is impossible to doubt.

No problem, if you have any links or info, would love to hear more.

I found more test info on the fragment that shows a high percentage of Strontium isotope.

Dr. Robert Gibbons, former scientist with NASA and now executive director of the Museum of the Unexplained, announced that an alleged UFO fragment owned by UFO witness Bob White who recovered it recovered it from a UFO encounter in 1985 near Grand Junction, Colorado, has now been analyzed.
Los Alamos National Laboratory, New Mexico Tech, and at the Geosciences Research Division of the Scripps Institute in La Jolla, California, have linked the strange fragment with planet Mars, because its strontium isotope ratio is 0.712, which places it right in the middle of the ration for two proved martian meteorites, QUE 94201 (0.701) and the Shergotty meteorite (0.723).
Dr. Gibbons is calling for more scientific tests on the Bob White object to learn more on its nature and origin.

ufologie.net...

I don't know anything about strontium isotopes, maybe and expert could elaborate. But having the same levels as other meteors is very interesting. I wonder if it is possible to occur during metal processing?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Quite interesting, but why would a piece of a spaceship be composed of alluminum though? wouldn't it have to be composed of a durable material?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Quite interesting, but why would a piece of a spaceship be composed of alluminum though? wouldn't it have to be composed of a durable material?

If you try to fit this into the the puzzle, then I wouldn't assume it's a piece of the spacecraft but more likely some sort of material ejected from the craft. If, for example, there is some sort of fusion reaction being used (to generate electricity for example) you would burn Hydrogen into Helium (or combine heavier elements). An advanced fusion process could theoretically occur in which a resource-savvy user of fusion (with a very advanced technology) would collect available atmospheric elements (with Nitrogen being the most prominent in our atmosphere) and fuse them together to give off abundant amounts of energy. Interestingly, if you were fusing nitrogen, you would very likely get a large amount of aluminum (the remaining proton wouldn't form to create silicon, due to the ejection of a large number of neutrons and because some of the mass is obviously converted into energy).

Maybe I'm all wrong.. but I think it's a plausible theory if you are trying to come up with a reasonable hypothesis that supports the assertion that this material was created by an advanced technology.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo

That is a good question, and I like the answer from Centrist. But maybe it was the remnant of a used up probe or something terrestrial they picked up. Doesn't nessesarily have to be part of the craft. We can only speculate as to the purpose of ejecting the fragment. If you didn't want the object identified, melting it down is a good way to destroy it. But then, if you don't want it to be found, you could simply eject it over the ocean or into space. Who knows?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Because Rense prints the ridiculous as well. Rense is fine imho for a source, as long as it can be corraborated with other, more reliable ones. Rense sometimes will have some better pics, etc. on a story that others don't have. I just wouldn't recommend using it as the ONLY source to support a position.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
You guys have to start picking the man's story of how it got it apart...to me the answer is there.

How many of you could see a 7-1/2 inch object fall from a UFO, even if it wasnt high up.

7-1/2 inches? Thats a speck even at a distance of 10 yards. C'mon.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

How many of you could see a 7-1/2 inch object fall from a UFO, even if it wasnt high up.

Oh contraire! Most meteors we see in meteor showers are dust particles burning up in the upper atmosphere. They give the illusion of being MUCH larger than dust-sized particles. For that reason alone, I don't doubt that a 7 inch piece of glowing molten metal would be quite conspicuous even if seen falling from quite a distance.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Meteors burn up in the top layers of the atmosphere down to the lower levels. Why would a piece of metal falling off a UFO at 50kft necessitate the same effect? UFO, so how does he know it is alien and not gov?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Meteors burn up in the top layers of the atmosphere down to the lower levels. Why would a piece of metal falling off a UFO at 50kft necessitate the same effect?

He never said the UFO was at 50Kft, just that when it started to gain altitude the fragment fell off or was ejected from the craft.

UFO, so how does he know it is alien and not gov?

His description of the larger craft was two neon tubes in parallel, and the bright light he encountered flew up to it. Are there any known govt. craft that fit that description?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
His description of the larger craft was two neon tubes in parallel, and the bright light he encountered flew up to it. Are there any known govt. craft that fit that description?

But because there aren'y any publicly known craft that fits the descroption doesn't mean that there isn't one

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Centrist-
This wasnt in the outer atmosphere according to the story. Also, the "meteoric" explaination has to be prefaced that those "dust" particles are often off larger pieces, and also large dust formations...not one dust particle.

Either way, we're talkin a 7-1/2 inch object from many yards away. I just have a hard time securing that one to the floor.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist

Maybe I'm all wrong.. but I think it's a plausible theory if you are trying to come up with a reasonable hypothesis that supports the assertion that this material was created by an advanced technology.

So this could be solid exhaust ,for want of a better word. Seems like a good reason as to why it was ejected from the craft. It looks like some sort of scalely build up almost like limescale and it doesnt look like this kind of object can be formed overnight. Can such an object be recreated in labs?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It seems to me that even though this object he found isn't very large, if it was glowing hot like he said it was he could have easily seen it fall to the ground from the UFO.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann

7-1/2 inches? Thats a speck even at a distance of 10 yards. C'mon.

I agree with the others that at night time, if this was glowing red hot, you would be able to see it against a dark sky. Bob White didn't say how high the UFO was, so we can only speculate.

It's hard for me to explain, but after watching his testimony and reading his letters that this guy is very adamant about what he saw. I am just keeping an open mind to something that may turn out to be tangible evidence.

Originally posted by Merkeva It looks like some sort of scalely build up almost like limescale and it doesnt look like this kind of object can be formed overnight. Can such an object be recreated in labs?

Actually I think with molten aluminum it could be formed like that if it were either dripping or falling. Having worked with machining aluminum, it does tend to scale when heated up too much. For example: I was grinding some aluminum and using too fine a grit wheel and the aluminum stopped grinding off and heated up and just started building up in layers like scales. So yes I think this could be re-created in a lab or fab shop rather easily. Someone else mentioned the same effect on a cut wheel.

But if it were nothing more than that, why would this guy spend the money to test the fragment if he knew it was just common aluminum? Something made him believe it was something more. This along with the high level of strontium isotopes could turn out to be something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join