It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man claims metal fragment came from UFO!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
“This isn’t the smoking gun – This is the bullet!!!” (quote by Bob White)

I first saw this on a new UFO Files special on the History Channel, and was intrigued. We started to discuss it on this thread, but I thought it warranted it’s own.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bob White of Reeds Spring, Mo. claims this piece of metal was ejected from a UFO during a sighting he had in 1985. He has put out adds to sell it and wants $10 million dollars for it!

White and a friend were driving from Denver to Las Vegas on a desolate highway near the Colorado-Utah border. It was 2 or 3 a.m., he said, and White was sleeping in the passenger seat. At one point, his friend woke him up and pointed out a strange light in the distance. White didn't think much of it and went back to sleep.

Then his friend woke him up again. This time, White said, the lights were blinding.

He got out of the car and stared, dumbfounded. The object was about 100 yards in front of him, he said, "and it was huge ... absolutely huge."

In time, he said, the lights bolted toward the sky and connected with a pair of neon, tubular lights — "the mother ship," White guesses now. And just like that, he said, the entire contraption zipped eastward through the Colorado sky and disappeared.

"What I saw," White said, "was not of this Earth."

As the craft flew away, White said, he noticed an orange light falling to the ground. A locator probe? Something that simply broke off? It was red hot when he reached it, he said, but in time it cooled enough to pick up. White shoved the object into the trunk of the car.

The object is about 7-1/2 inches long and shaped like a teardrop. It has a coarse, metallic exterior and weighs less than 2 pounds. It looks a bit like it could be a petrified pine cone and is composed primarily of aluminum.

www.greatdreams.com...

He has spent $200,000 having it analyzed by several labs including Los Alamos. According to Bob White “The Los Alamos report concluded the object was not a meteor but an unknown object of unknown origin.” Another lab, New Mexico Tech concluded that it is nothing special and comes close to a well-known alloy called Aluminum 360, and did not contain any unknown material. But it doesn’t match the alloy perfectly.

There are 9 elements in 360 ... and one is tin .. No tin in the White metal, but there are 22 elements in it found by NIDS 14 more than a 360 alloy.

You can compare it on the table in the provided link.

The shape and scaling appears to me that it was formed while melted and falling from the sky. Of course the first thing that comes to mind is that it is a piece of space junk re-entering the Earth’s atmosphere. It couldn’t be from a jet plane, because even from an altitude of 50,000 feet would not be enough to melt it.

Another possibility is it could be a meteor, and the lights he saw were this thing re-entering the atmosphere. But the problem with this is that aluminum does not occur in it’s pure form naturally. It has to be smelted from Bauxite and purified to even come close to 85% composition.

Bauxite is a naturally occurring form of aluminum ore. It consists of 45-60% aluminum oxide, 12-30% water, and various other impurities. Bauxite is typically mined in open-pits and either processed into alumina near the mining operation, or shipped to smelting markets around the world for processing.

Aluminum Bauxite Mining

That means it is an object that doesn’t occur naturally. So maybe it is a piece of space junk? Well the one thing that makes me think otherwise is this isn’t the first object found like this. Another similar object was recovered in Denmark in the 1940’s! There is a picture of it also in the link provided, under the add for his book.

And the source of the other object was… *drum roll*… a flying saucer!

I would like to see the report on the other object and whether they are allowed access to the other piece and do an analysis of it as well. I will continue to look for the report, and will add more if I find anything. If the composition of both objects would match, this would be phenomenal, because back in the early Forties, there wasn’t any space junk! I don’t know if this is for real, but I thought I’d share it with you.

Original Source of Analysis
www.rense.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Maybe he read Dan Brown's "Deception Point" and got the idea how to make it?
jk

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Saw this on some forum yesterday and just figured it must've been old news. I wonder if he's had any visits from the Government yet.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I would pay 10 bucks (canadian) for it. No more.

You have 0.003% unknown material.... please, this doesnt make it some extra ordinary object. Like the article mentions, it could be testing error.

The object density is similar to aluminum, according to one of the links.

en.wikipedia.org...

The vickers test was also similar to aluminum, according to one of the links.

Yep about 10 bucks. A good paper weight.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Maybe it's from the aliens #ter

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This guy was on Jjudge Joe Brown!!!!!!!!!

I kid you not, he was being sued because he fired a guy who did tests on it. Apparently he didn't want to pay him, he had that object with him, I can't freaking believe it!!!!! Holy Jewish Hell on Christmas....

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

There is audio from it here:
www.xzone-radio.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
was on ufos files yesterday
very very belivable i think i belive it did come from the dam craft

[edit on 2-8-2005 by DeathIsNear]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Not having proof that something is not real, is NOT proof it is real.

I wish I had $200,000 to waste on testing.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

The tests do show it is aluminum along with other elements. No doubt there. But the question is where did it come from. I guess we would expect that if it really came from a UFO that it would be composed of an unknown material. But maybe the aliens use the same elements we do, just in unknown alloys? Why would the elements have to be unknown?

Actually, aluminum is going for 80 cents a pound, so scrap value is around $1.60. If it were a hoax, why would this guy spend $200,000 bucks to get it tested?

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

Who is Judge Joe Brown? Is it like Court TV or something?

I checked out those links Dulcimer, thanks. They make this guy sound foolish. He should know better than to make an appearance like that. If he wants attention, that's not the way to do it.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

Actually, aluminum is going for 80 cents a pound, so scrap value is around $1.60. If it were a hoax, why would this guy spend $200,000 bucks to get it tested?

Lets see the receipts for all this testing, maybe he had Art Bell test it for $199,499 of it?

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Perhaps to make it seem more legit, and sell it for the $10 million?

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
******I emailed a guy who works at Los Alamos National Laboratory about the Bob White UFO fragment he found in 1985 and had analyzed at Los Alamos Laboratory. Here is what he said:

"I'll do you a favor and forward this inquiry to everybody I know that may have more information."

This is great! I'll post what ever information I get back from them. This ought to be interesting!

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
very strange
id like to see his recipts from the expierments tho

i just dont believe that he spend 200,000$ on getting it tested
thats
rediculous

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Sounds crazy that he spent that much, but maybe these guys from Los Alamos National Laboratory will at least confirm that the studies took place. I'll post what ever they say...

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Tailings from a metal chop saw.

Seen similar in my shop.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

The tests do show it is aluminum along with other elements. No doubt there. But the question is where did it come from. I guess we would expect that if it really came from a UFO that it would be composed of an unknown material. But maybe the aliens use the same elements we do, just in unknown alloys? Why would the elements have to be unknown?

Because he's going to sell it for 10m. If that dosen't scream HUNGRY PROFIT MAKER then, i don't know what does.

I'm skeptical about this one.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
When I saw this yesterday on UFO files, it seemed very believable. Since it has unknown components to it, im inclined to believe its alien. Also the fact that they did tests and went back on what they said, seems more suspicious.

The fact that he's selling it for 10mil, could mean he is money hungry, spending $200,000 to make 10mil, is a great profit. Lets say it was done by a group, he is the front man, 4 of them, each put in $50,000, no big expense to someone with a bit of money. Then when some rich nut pays the 10mil which im certain will happen, they can split the money $2.5million each.

Or the thing may be real and he wants rid of the responsibility, selling it for $10mil would guarantee no one irresponsible with such an important artifact owns it. The fact that theres also a similar design reported in the past backs it up.

your decision, yeah you!

Vorta

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Whatever his motivations, I cant help but be reminded of the Rendlesham Forest Air Base sightings where the officer claimed to see what appeared to be white hot slag, falling from the ufo. I wonder if this type of physical evidence was collected in that case as well.

I have to question this guys motives though...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join